• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Bay Villas

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
If you move, the cloice is to be friendly or not.
I have not seen people as hostile unless you are unkind.

There are also local meetup groups like in Waikiki that water jog togther and small tailgate parties aftwards a couple times a week.
There's the Moose, Elks, Rotary, etc. you could be seen having some people over for a BBQ and break the ice.

Then again, I hope the prices come down so I can afford to buy.. Don't move there.... Sell your timeshares... :)

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
you won't be. stay away. leave Hawai'i for me. đŸ˜†
I will, unless things change within 20 years :) But they won't. :p

Then again, I hope the prices come down so I can afford to buy.. Don't move there.... Sell your timeshares... :)
You know, with all my timeshares, I could live in Lagoon Tower studio unit for 4-5 months with my points... :D And that wouldn't even be expensive!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We visit Hawaii once or twice a year, and I am always happy when i am there...
I’ve visited Hawaii at least once a year for (I hesitate to admit) more than 30 years now. My wife went to UH and we have many friends who get to live there year round (lucky bleeps).

Happiest place on earth… (with all apologies to DL).

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
My wife went to UH and we have many friends who get to live there year round (lucky bleeps).
My wife got her Ph.D. at UH and, while we love visiting, her experience made clear that she would never want to actually live there. Definitely different view of vacationing versus living somewhere.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
My wife got her Ph.D. at UH and, while we love visiting, her experience made clear that she would never want to actually live there. Definitely different view of vacationing versus living somewhere.

Cheers.
can you say more?

my family is from Maui and Oahu so going back is going home for us. But we do like our HHV accommodations. Otherwise housing is extremely expensive and the housing stock tends to be old. Taxes are very high and food costs too. Traffic and those dang tourists. But the food... the music... the weather... running along the ocean...

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
can you say more?

my family is from Maui and Oahu so going back is going home for us. But we do like our HHV accommodations. Otherwise housing is extremely expensive and the housing stock tends to be old. Taxes are very high and food costs too. Traffic and those dang tourists. But the food... the music... the weather... running along the ocean...
Things happen on Island Time, which means slowly, or not at all. Being in California (far from lacking in problems), we have food, music, generally good weather and running along the ocean. All in an environment where it is possible to get things done and is less isolated. Don't get me wrong, California ain't a complete paradise. As I said, there are definitely issues here. But some of the main concerns about Hawaii are not found here.

But, and let me be clear, this is a personal view and personal decision. I've given a viewpoint here, and not gonna debate it.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
We arrived at Maui Bay Villas at about 2:00pm and our room was not ready. We went to the restaurant for some snacks. They were okay. View was great, but sure windy. I remember when HGVC announced the building of this location how people said it was not a good location. Very windy in the afternoon and the beach was not really swimmable. Plus, kind of far from restaurants. I have to 100% agree with all of those comments. I enjoy walking to restaurants when I go on vacation. Getting in the car to go somewhere all the time sucks.

The resort is beautiful and new. Staff was friendly, but still new. Went to the bar and asked about the cups/pins like at Kingsland. Bar Manager told me that they are coming as so many people have asked about them. Was told they are trying to model themselves after Kingsland.

At about 3pm our room was ready. After getting our room keys, we had to talk with the salesperson, I mean concierge to get our discounts. Offered the usual owners update which I did in Orlando in 2023 so I said no. Was offered a 32 minute update with 100K HH points. Really tempted, but passed.

We had booked a 2Bdrm Plus. We were in building 2 which only opened two weeks prior on the ground floor. Building/room smelled new and I believe we were probably the second person to stay in the room. There are three buildings under construction with one opening in August, one in November and one in 2025. After that, they will put out three more buildings for bid and then start construction. I photographed the property map so you can see what is being built/open. NB means not built (4 out of 12 open). Last will be building #1. (don't laugh at my high tech labeling)

View attachment 97811

View attachment 97812

View attachment 97813

View attachment 97814View attachment 97815

View attachment 97816 View attachment 97817View attachment 97818View attachment 97819

View attachment 97820View attachment 97821

View attachment 97822 View attachment 97824View attachment 97825View attachment 97826

View attachment 97827
Construction noise was there, but did not bother me much. The pools were absolutely dead. I would say there were never more than 30 people at the pool area at any one time. It was really nice, but as the resort grows it will be interesting to see how crowded it gets.

View attachment 97828View attachment 97829
what building would have the least noise: both construction noise and road noise from Kihei rd? We are in a 2 bedroom.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I will, unless things change within 20 years :) But they won't. :p

You know, with all my timeshares, I could live in Lagoon Tower studio unit for 4-5 months with my points... :D And that wouldn't even be expensive!
Been there, done that from 2009-2020

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
How many days per year did you stay?
I don't recall the exact number of days but we would typically get there at the begining of Week 1 around Janauray 4th and stay till sometime in April.