• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely one of the best for sure, and one of the contenders for "best around the HH-Bluffton area"....
it's very, very good, but "great" I'm not entirely sure yet....
I just want Susan's expectations to be met...and I'm not positive that HH has that kind of "exceptional" steak house
that she's looking for, or that I'm looking for.
NYC does, Boston does, Atlanta does, Chicago does, etc, and usually most cities do, but I'll seek
a professional opinion from the HH chefs....

Vine might also be a good choice----CQ's, Sage Room, The Studio, Crane's Tavern all are on my short list, but again,
not positive yet as to "the best"....all are very, very good.
Not a steak place, per se, but my personal favorite steak on the island is Santa Fe's Cowboy bone-in ribeye.
We should ask Jeff Ruby from Cincinnati to open up a steak house in Hilton Head. Most of my colleagues agree that Jeff Ruby's and the Precinct are in their top five in the US.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I primarily workout to be able to eat and drink, I though I would post this information in Marty's restaurant thread. I learned that a new Planet Fitness will be opening on the Island, (scheduled in March). It will be located near the airport on 278 and Matthews Dr. in the former Bi Lo location. This is great news for me because it will save me the 20 minute drive to the one in Blufton. I find all of the fitness centers at MVC resorts on Hilton Head to be severely lacking in weight training equipment, so this will be a good option for those who also workout to eat!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I primarily workout to be able to eat and drink, I though I would post this information in Marty's restaurant thread. I learned that a new Planet Fitness will be opening on the Island, (scheduled in March). It will be located near the airport on 278 and Matthews Dr. in the former Bi Lo location. This is great news for me because it will save me the 20 minute drive to the one in Blufton. I find all of the fitness centers at MVC resorts on Hilton Head to be severely lacking in weight training equipment, so this will be a good option for those who also workout to eat!
This is awesome news!! One of the best things for me about being on vacation is the ability to work out as much as I want and while Marriott does usually have good cardio machines most lack basic gym weight training equipment and this is true for the HHI Marriotts I own. The best gyms I've seen at the Marriott TSs I've been to are at Newport Beach, Aruba and Maui. I workout at LA Fitness but wife has the Planet Fitness Black membership that allows her to workout at any PF and to bring 2 guests so we'll definitely be taking advantage of this for our 2 weeks in Sept.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Until I can tweak my restaurant list for several new or closed restaurants via TUG's Susan,
I wanted to add a new restaurant which I visited for the first time last weekend.
Others have already visited and liked it.
It's an Italian place on New Orleans Road called NUNZIO. The owner and chef Nunzio
came from New Jersey to open up his newest dream at Hilton Head.
Here's the HH Island Packet announcement from last year:

The new restaurant is fabulous, from the new-build construction itself to the interior decor, menu, food, bar, and staff.
Several employees from the other really fine Italian restaurant on Hilton Head (Ombra Cucina Italiana) have joined Nunzio.
(It will not diminish Ombra because they are still amazing, and their chef remains.....
Actually Nunzio is known to have trained the chef at Ombra a while back.)

Michael (Mike) followed Nunzio----he was formerly a server at Ombra but is now Nunzio's General Manager, and he's top notch----
he's very nice, very professional, and extremely experienced. The place runs very well. Another server George also moved over to Nunzio,
and he's equally wonderful. He served us last weekend. Mike recognized us and spent a few minutes talking.

Nunzio's menu is wonderful with lots of options, the food is superb in every way, and the ambience is very enjoyable.
The structure and decor are modern, and it's nicely done.... and it's done on a grand scale----very high ceilings and beautiful art.
The restaurant was packed----full of lively guests, and everybody was having a good time.
We'll definitely return often. Nunzio has a great future. Now 3 awesome Italian restaurants at HH,
and each one a personal favorite----Ombra, Nunzio, and Gusto.

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I wanted to add a new restaurant which I visited for the first time last weekend.
Marty, you're killing me! Just when I start making a dent in your list, you go and add some new ones. ;)

Reactions: jme

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
In addition to NUNZIO above in post # 381, I will also add another place we had never visited until last night for Valentines.
We went to Ela's on the Water in Shelter Cove. It was VERY GOOD!
The food was excellent, the service was great, and the atmosphere was as good as it gets,
with the nighttime view of the Shelter Cove Harbor & its boats. The little lights around the area
made for a truly romantic evening. We were with another couple and we all agreed it was one of the most memorable
evenings we can remember. We spoke to the owner and thanked him for everything, and he was very gracious.
He had previously showed us around when we dropped in one afternoon before they opened, we were impressed,
so we immediately made Valentines reservations.
We will absolutely put Ela's on our short list (with the maybe 10 other places on our short "favorites list").

(P.S. These are N0T official REVIEWS, but only temporary additions of two noteworthy restaurants, new to my list,
until I can get their reviews up.)

1581782564740.png

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a place on the water in Shelter Cover that we really liked...they usually are open year round (or, at least, most of the year-round,) and do a prix fixe menu in the heart of the off-season. Maybe that was Ela's? Gah, it's been over five years and I can't remember. *sigh*

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
When my brother and his wife were here last week, we enjoyed several good restaurant week dinners that were all within walking distance from Harbour Point, including Ela's, Santa Fe, Sea Grass Grill, and Scott's Fish Market (carryout). Several other resort guests highly recommended Numzio and Charlie's. So many restaurants and so little time. I'm on my way back to Cincinnati and can't wait for my return trip next year. In addition to the 4 weeks starting mid January, we booked a 12 day trip in mid-March. It will be nice to have the Planet Fitness nearby next year so I can justify eating more.

I am happy to see that you have discovered Ela's. We had an excellent dinner there and they allowed us to bring along a special wine (no corkage fee since we bought another bottle). It is the closest restaurant to Harbour Point.

Note: I think Harbourmaster was the restaurant previously at the Ela's location.

Reactions: jme

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
In addition to NUNZIO above in post # 381, I will also add another place we had never visited until last night for Valentines.
We went to Ela's on the Water in Shelter Cove. It was VERYGOOD!

No another one!!!!!!!
Actually I’m glad to see this added to your list.I’ve had this one on my radar for some time but I never pulled the trigger thinking that it’s not on Marty’s list. I will definitely go now secure in the knowledge that it’s “Marty Approved”

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Not another one!!!!!!!
Actually I’m glad to see this added to your list.I’ve had this one on my radar for some time but I never pulled the trigger thinking that it’s not on Marty’s list. I will definitely go now secure in the knowledge that it’s “Marty Approved”

Yep, Ela's is a good one. We and our accompanying couple from home are still talking about it.
And what a nice place for Valentines!
Elegant, romantic, great food & wine, awesome evening.

The past two long weekends we had an all star line-up for our dining choices:
Santa Fe*, Crane's Tavern, Nunzio, Fishcamp, Ela's, Gusto*. (*All truly GREAT, but the first and the last were the best!)

Breakfast spots were Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe & Kenny B's, both several times.

This morning, a special treat! Before leaving the island, we had breakfast with "jont" and his lovely wife
who just arrived at Hilton Head last night.
We went to Kenny B's for their weekly Sunday Cajun Buffet Brunch, which is always a feast...Whoa!
Never seen it that crowded!!!! Must have been 40-50 people dining and 20 people waiting on a table.
(Had a blast with you, John & Maria!!!
We've dined many times together in Boston, Williamsburg, Hilton Head, & Myrtle Beach.....always a pleasure.)

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Has anyone mentioned that the SERG Group has added 3 new resturants on HH? They are Holy Tequila, Charbar Co, and Wiskey Room. I’ve only been to Holy Tequila, which was good. Looking forward to trying out the other 2. Marty, want to help me out? They are also advertising an app they now have .

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Has anyone mentioned that the SERG Group has added 3 new resturants on HH? They are Holy Tequila, Charbar Co, and Wiskey Room. I’ve only been to Holy Tequila, which was good. Looking forward to trying out the other 2. Marty, want to help me out? They are also advertising an app they now have .

I could deputize you for this week only, and you could scout those out. :)
We won't be back at HH for a couple of months.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

CharBar burgers are as good as they say they are! We've tried a few of their other sandwiches, too, and never been disappointed. The restaurant joined SERG in 2019 but has been around for years.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
CharBar burgers are as good as they say they are! We've tried a few of their other sandwiches, too, and never been disappointed. The restaurant joined SERG in 2019 but has been around for years.

Great! Thank you Susan.

I've also heard that, but never had the occasion to go there.
I know where it is near Harris Teeter, Mellow Mushroom, and Holy Tequila, so next time I'm there I'll take everyone to grab a burger.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
I could deputize you for this week only, and you could scout those out. :)
We won't be back at HH for a couple of months.
I’ll be Barney Fife to your Andy Griffith anytime.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Go try the pho and ramen at the place called Relish next to the Whiskey Room. I found it to be pretty awesome.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I tell you, I never cease to be amazed at the vast array of quality restaurants in such a relatively small destination area
such as Hilton Head. It's quite unique, at least imho. Alas, it's my burden to keep up with them all, but I'll accept it. :)

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Susan (SueDonJ)
I'll be working on an update and will contact you soon when it's done......hope you're enjoying
YOUR HH project.
Many thanks for all you do.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
With Marty about to update his list, I decided to add a few establishments which didn’t make the Marty cut. Although I am trying to eat my way thru his list, I always try to hit one new place each time i’m down here, some of which have been mentioned by others in this thread.
So, for what’s its worth, here is my unmarty list.

Chow Daddy’s
Harold’s Diner
Holy Tequila
The Dunes House (on the beach just north of the Marriott hotel)
Tiki Hut (at the Holiday Inn)
Street Meet

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
^^^ The Dude's list. ;-)

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

New Hungarian restaurant mid Island on 278 In Northridge Plaza. We haven’t been there but other locals are highly complementary.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

New Hungarian restaurant mid Island on 278. We haven’t been there but other locals are highly complementary.

Gosh, Steve, that makes me Hungary just to think about it. :)

Bill4728

Reaction score
We really enjoyed our lunch at the Skull Creek Boatside on the deck with temp in the low 70s the blacken cat fish was great.

Loved the Links in Harbour town. Great view of the gold course I had prime rib dip and it was great My DW had thew meatloaf sandwich which she loved.

Heading back to Skull creek to try Hudsons today