• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Reactions: jme

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
GREAT addition Jim, many thanks.....we'll be there at HH in early April, so we'll see if it has opened yet.
I'm still mourning the loss of Gusto, but this one sounds like it should please a lot of folks,
the newest trendy spot I'll say....hope it does well.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Quarterdeck at the Lighthouse in Sea Pines is undergoing a major renovation. Last open date was February 13th.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
@jme I just want to thank you for this list! We love going to offbeat places, and so far this week we have dined at
  • Skull Creek Boathouse (takeout) (family style sushi bowl takeout) Yum, yum, (mom had crab soup that we got and put in our cooler on our way down through Ocean City. She doesn't like sushi.)
  • Skull Creek Dockside (eat outside, we had the best table in the place outside, we were able to reserve on Open Table) everything was exceptional and they don't rush you,
  • Annie O's (THE CHICKEN HERE IS UNBELIEVABLY GOOD! THE MOST MOIST CHICKEN WE HAVE EVER HAD!),
    • I say tuggers should give Annie O's some love to keep it around. We went there this last Tuesday for lunch and we were just about the only people in the place. My mom, who is 88 said, "are you sure we should eat here?" It was on Marty's list, plus it was backed up by good TripAdvisor reviews. She came out a real fan. Of course, I put a glowing review on TripAdvisor. It is in a strip mall in the back so you have to LOOK for it.
  • Nectar Farm Kitchen (Serg group, right night to Marley's Shrimp and Burger, they share the same restroom at Marley's.) Good meal. Servers were exceptional. Drinks fabulous. Mom LOVED the corn bread appetizer with all the fixings. The chocolate cake is to die for. I had the meatloaf (mom tasted it and said it was too spicy). Ham slice on top was a bit salty for my taste but good. Mom loved her short ribs. Hubby had seafood.
  • Serg Takeout Kitchen when mom had her leftovers and hubby and I didn't. He had the pizza and a salad, I had the salmon. Pizza was good, but not the best pizza we have eaten. Salmon was good too. It fit with what we were doing.
  • Tonight is Santa Fe, Saturday is Ombra. Friday is Savannah. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • We also went to the Farmer's Market that happens here on Tuesday mornings right before you get to the Coastal Discovery Museum. There is a German woman there who makes bread. It is FABULOUS! We got a German Army Rye bread because it was one of her last loafs left and we like different. It didn't have the rye seeds in it and wasn't overly rye tasting, but it was great. Have had it for breakfast every day at Barony.
*I know this isn't a restaurant thing, but we booked the graveyard tour that happens on Tuesdays. Review here. I think tuggers would love it! https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...oleum-Hilton_Head_South_Carolina.html?m=19905

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
@jme I just want to thank you for this list! We love going to offbeat places, and so far this week we have dined at
  • Skull Creek Boathouse (takeout) (family style sushi bowl takeout) Yum, yum, (mom had crab soup that we got and put in our cooler on our way down through Ocean City. She doesn't like sushi.)
  • Skull Creek Dockside (eat outside, we had the best table in the place outside, we were able to reserve on Open Table) everything was exceptional and they don't rush you,
  • Annie O's (THE CHICKEN HERE IS UNBELIEVABLY GOOD! THE MOST MOIST CHICKEN WE HAVE EVER HAD!),
    • I say tuggers should give Annie O's some love to keep it around. We went there this last Tuesday for lunch and we were just about the only people in the place. My mom, who is 88 said, "are you sure we should eat here?" It was on Marty's list, plus it was backed up by good TripAdvisor reviews. She came out a real fan. Of course, I put a glowing review on TripAdvisor. It is in a strip mall in the back so you have to LOOK for it.
  • Nectar Farm Kitchen (Serg group, right night to Marley's Shrimp and Burger, they share the same restroom at Marley's.) Good meal. Servers were exceptional. Drinks fabulous. Mom LOVED the corn bread appetizer with all the fixings. The chocolate cake is to die for. I had the meatloaf (mom tasted it and said it was too spicy). Ham slice on top was a bit salty for my taste but good. Mom loved her short ribs. Hubby had seafood.
  • Serg Takeout Kitchen when mom had her leftovers and hubby and I didn't. He had the pizza and a salad, I had the salmon. Pizza was good, but not the best pizza we have eaten. Salmon was good too. It fit with what we were doing.
  • Tonight is Santa Fe, Saturday is Ombra. Friday is Savannah. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • We also went to the Farmer's Market that happens here on Tuesday mornings right before you get to the Coastal Discovery Museum. There is a German woman there who makes bread. It is FABULOUS! We got a German Army Rye bread because it was one of her last loafs left and we like different. It didn't have the rye seeds in it and wasn't overly rye tasting, but it was great. Have had it for breakfast every day at Barony.
*I know this isn't a restaurant thing, but we booked the graveyard tour that happens on Tuesdays. Review here. I think tuggers would love it! https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...oleum-Hilton_Head_South_Carolina.html?m=19905

THANKS so much. Always glad to hear.
I've been trying to complete my update of HH restaurants but I'm not yet done. Work has gotten in the way, so apologies to those expecting one.
Hope you like Santa Fe---it's our all-time favorite restaurant on the island. The Grouper is one of their signature items and nobody does it like they do, and the Cowboy Cut Ribeye is the best steak on the island. Lately I've been stuck on the Blackened Redfish...wow.
Ombra might be the best restaurant on the island....food and service are superb, and the atmosphere is wonderful. Mostly locals there except for discriminating "visitors" who know about it.
We like Mellow Mushroom for pizza...hard to beat.

Savannah = Olde Pink House...

Enjoy

Last edited:

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone has their own idea's.
Personally I like Nunzio's.
I think that is the best Italian food on the Island.

The new covered deck is a fabulous improvement for those of us that like to dine outdoors.
Ombra's outdoor experience is lacking as you are dining on a sidewalk.
I even like the food better at Nunzio's.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
New dining option on HHI, in the former location of Gusto on 278. Just saw an article on the Island Packet, but it is probably behind their paywall, so I've included links to the article and the restaurant web site.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/business/article250141099.html?ac_cid=DM412319&ac_bid=-161945281

https://www.lulukitchenhhi.com

I'm hearing from a few neighbors that this new one, Lulu's Kitchen, is very, very good. As of a couple weeks ago they hadn't yet gotten their liquor license extended to Sunday Brunch but it's in the works and should be in place anytime.

Any word yet on what will be going into the Bonefish Grill space in that same Fresh Market plaza?

Our daughter and son-in-law celebrated his birthday at The Sage Room and loved it, although they and the neighbors say that it's weird how it's in the back of a building with very little signage (which is saying something considering HHI has limited signage all over) and the dining room itself is small. But most important, the food is good and they package take-home very well if that's what you're looking for.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I second Marty's choice of Olde Pink House in Savannah. Its an outstanding restaurant with great ambience.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
What’s the status of Wiseguys?

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Marty, looks like your mourning can stop. Gusto appears to have re-opened in a new location, in Sea Turtle Marketplace on 278.

https://gustohiltonhead.com

'Scuse my French, but HOT DAMN!

I'm extremely happy about that...matter of fact I'm ecstatic.
We truly enjoyed that place, and you can bet we'll be heading there as soon as we can.
Strangely enough we don't have plans to be back at Hilton Head until the last week of August.
Our daughter just had her second child, a boy this time (and our second grandchild), and since they live about 3 minutes away,
we had cancelled all our summer HH plans in order to help them out...imagine a 2-yo and a newborn----they need help, lol!

JIMinNC, gracious thanks for thinking of me.
You definitely made my day! I'm heading upstairs to tell my wife Mona about it---she'll be equally excited.
Wow, can't believe it.
We adore Santa Fe, and we also adored Gusto.

Say, because of your thoughtfulness, if you can tolerate Italian food, how about you guys joining us for dinner at Gusto
one evening when we're back at HH, naturally my treat. Or anyplace else.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
'Scuse my French, but HOT DAMN!

I'm extremely happy about that...matter of fact I'm ecstatic.
We truly enjoyed that place, and you can bet we'll be heading there as soon as we can.
Strangely enough we don't have plans to be back at Hilton Head until the last week of August.
I don’t believe that for a second! I’m sure Marty is in his car making a beeline to Gusto as I write this

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Say, because of your thoughtfulness, if you can tolerate Italian food, how about you guys joining us for dinner at Gusto
one evening when we're back at HH, naturally my treat. Or anyplace else.

Marty, we would love to join you for dinner when we both are on the island, and no need to treat. Would love to meet you guys. And Italian food is one of our favorites! We hope to be on the island quite a bit over the next few months. We can go anytime now that we have our condo, so I'm sure we can make it happen.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marty,did you see this article about Pool Bar Jim (I’m sure you have)?

How is he doing there? Sounds like a success as always.
Where is the SeaCrest?

Hope all is well.

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Marty,did you see this article about Pool Bar Jim (I’m sure you have)?

How is he doing there? Sounds like a success as always.
Where is the SeaCrest?

Hope all is well.

Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeaCrest is adjacent to the Coligny Public Beach Access area, and Pool Bar Jim's is near the oceanfront pool---it's quite nice.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to go to PBJ you can just walk up from the beach, but if you drive, he has reserved parking spaces at the Sea Crest. The signage is pretty decent directing you where to go.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
I thinks he means “The Kinks”

Save me, save me
Save me from this squeeze
I've got a big fat momma tryin' to break me
And I love to live so pleasantly
Live this life of luxury
Lazing on a sunny afternoon
In the summertime, in the summertime
In the summertime

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I thinks he means “The Kinks”

Save me, save me
Save me from this squeeze
I've got a big fat momma tryin' to break me
And I love to live so pleasantly
Live this life of luxury
Lazing on a sunny afternoon
In the summertime, in the summertime
In the summertime

don't talk about my momma........

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
don't talk about my momma........
She didn’t let you grow up to become a cowboy, did she?
Let em become dentists and architects and such.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
She didn’t let you grow up to become a cowboy, did she?
Let em become dentists and architects and such.

Well, sorta.........I'm riding that Marriott bucking bronco, just holding on for dear life.
Lost my hat, lost my mind, but still got my boots and spurs on.................

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Well, sorta.........I'm riding that Marriott bucking bronco, just holding on for dear life.
Lost my hat, lost my mind, but still got my boots and spurs on.................
Hence your love of the Santa Fe Cowboy Cut Ribeye.
giddy up