• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Tried a new place in Hilton Head this evening, A Lowcountry Backyard Restaurant. Marty has it listed under "Lunch" on his list, but we just had a great dinner there. Their Shrimp and Grits are the house specialty and are rated as some of the best in the south. Also live music on their "backyard" outdoor dining area. Casual.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Tried a new place in Hilton Head this evening, A Lowcountry Backyard Restaurant. Marty has it listed under "Lunch" on his list, but we just had a great dinner there. Their Shrimp and Grits are the house specialty and are rated as some of the best in the south. Also live music on their "backyard" outdoor dining area. Casual.

I do have it listed under the Lunch category but I also mention there that it's good for both Lunch & Dinner.
My reasoning was that when I think of dinner at Hilton Head, LCBY is down my list compared to the many other spots listed,
not that it's excluded totally.

Similar to a primary breakfast spot like Kenny B's which also serves a very good lunch & dinner.
Another example, I also list Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe as a great breakfast spot, but they do have a very nice lunch too, which is mentioned.
In fact, several of the fine-dining restaurants listed for dinner also serve lunch, but I just don't list them as such based on my preferences.
Jane Bistro also serves dinner, but again I view it primarily as a fantastic lunch spot.

It is simply how I view them in their primary roles, but I definitely appreciate your giving a plug to LCBY for dinner----
it's quite deserving, and we've had dinner there several times ourselves.
They are a nice family-run place and it's always a great meal.....Good call.

My fine dining list would not be the place for LCBY, nor a "seafood" spot, but perhaps it would be appropriate to place it
under the "casual" heading for dinner.
Thanks for the reminder, Jim.
(There are a lot of tweaks I need to make in the list, but the pandemic has made everything a mess this year,
and I've been waiting for everything to shake out prior to doing that.)

Last edited:

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
New Serg Restaurant [from Island Packet]

A new restaurant is coming to Hilton Head Island with four chefs at the helm and a focus on using ingredients from local farms.

Construction is underway for the Nectar Farm Kitchen, the Southeastern Entertainment Restaurant Group (SERG) announced on Friday. The restaurant will replace Marley’s Island Grille, which closed in September after 18 years operating on the south end of Hilton Head.

SERG originally planned to replace Marley’s with its restaurant-chain Giuseppi’s Pizza & Pasta House but decided to build a new restaurant.
“We felt this was definitely a better fit,” said Ryan Larson, the director of marketing for SERG, “(and) attractive to people of all walks of life. We want this to be more of a year-round destination.”

Larson said the restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The chefs crafting the menu put an emphasis on sourcing their food from local farms. For example, Nectar Farm Kitchen will purchase eggs from Fili-West Farm in Vance and pork and chicken from Keegan Filion Farm in Walterboro.
The menu at Nectar Farm Kitchen includes sweet potato pancakes, blue crab mac and root beer-braised short ribs, according to a news release.

The four chefs running the restaurant are Brad Blake, executive chef of Skull Creek Boathouse; Chris Carge, partner at SERG and chef; Orchid Paulmeier, chef at One Hot Mama’s and Food Network show contestant; and Nick Unangst, executive culinary director and senior partner at SERG.

SERG said the restaurant will open on Feb. 1, 2021, on Office Park Road near Sea Pines.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
New Serg Restaurant [from Island Packet]

A new restaurant is coming to Hilton Head Island with four chefs at the helm and a focus on using ingredients from local farms.

Construction is underway for the Nectar Farm Kitchen, the Southeastern Entertainment Restaurant Group (SERG) announced on Friday. The restaurant will replace Marley’s Island Grille, which closed in September after 18 years operating on the south end of Hilton Head.

SERG originally planned to replace Marley’s with its restaurant-chain Giuseppi’s Pizza & Pasta House but decided to build a new restaurant.
“We felt this was definitely a better fit,” said Ryan Larson, the director of marketing for SERG, “(and) attractive to people of all walks of life. We want this to be more of a year-round destination.”

Larson said the restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The chefs crafting the menu put an emphasis on sourcing their food from local farms. For example, Nectar Farm Kitchen will purchase eggs from Fili-West Farm in Vance and pork and chicken from Keegan Filion Farm in Walterboro.
The menu at Nectar Farm Kitchen includes sweet potato pancakes, blue crab mac and root beer-braised short ribs, according to a news release.

The four chefs running the restaurant are Brad Blake, executive chef of Skull Creek Boathouse; Chris Carge, partner at SERG and chef; Orchid Paulmeier, chef at One Hot Mama’s and Food Network show contestant; and Nick Unangst, executive culinary director and senior partner at SERG.

SERG said the restaurant will open on Feb. 1, 2021, on Office Park Road near Sea Pines.
Marty, we are all waiting with baited breath for your review. It needs to get that "Marty approved :thumbup:"designation before I will even consider going. ;)

Reactions: jme

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Marty, we are all waiting with baited breath for your review. It needs to get that "Marty approved :thumbup:"designation before I will even consider going. ;)
Hopefully Marty's breath does not smell like bait after his taste testing. ;-) But agreed....needs to be Marty approved. Even my kids when on HHI with us always ask.... Is it on Marty's list?? We need an approved Marty list for every MVC location. Quit being lazy Marty and get on it. ;-)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Marty, we are all waiting with *bated* breath for your review. It needs to get that "Marty approved :thumbup:"designation before I will even consider going. ;)

Thanks jont!!!
and also thanks to SteveA for his diligence in keeping an eye on the HH scene. Living there must be a grueling task.
.....We'll be in HH for two weeks in February so we'll definitely make it a point to try it. SERG usually "does it right",
and a collaboration by these Chefs for this endeavor sounds very interesting to say the least. I'm sure we'll see some very innovative dishes.
Sad that the old Marley's memories will remain only that, but now we'll just have to create some new memories.
Jont, looking forward to dining with you & Maria sometime soon....hope you can make that happen.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
But agreed....needs to be Marty approved. Even my kids when on HHI with us always ask.... Is it on Marty's list?? We need an approved Marty list for every MVC location. Quit being lazy Marty and get on it. ;-)

Thank you most kindly Todd. The pandemic has thrown a huge wrench in my wheel for 2020.
So much has changed on the restaurant scene, especially at Hilton Head.

Matter of fact, I've got a Boston, Charleston, & Williamsburg list....... all great lists, imho.
We missed our annual Boston trip back in October due to C19, but will resume when the time is good.
----went there 6 times out of the last 8 years (Custom House).
We go to Charleston 4 times a year (Church Street Inn), and we've been to Wmsbg 3 times in last 6 years, including last December
for Christmas week, and just last Saturday returned from Thanksgiving week. All Manor Club...so beautiful there!!!
So much research to do, and I'm feeling the pressure. :)

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Thank you most kindly Todd. The pandemic has thrown a huge wrench in my wheel for 2020.
So much has changed on the restaurant scene, especially at Hilton Head.

Matter of fact, I've got a Boston, Charleston, & Williamsburg list....... all great lists, imho.
We missed our annual Boston trip back in October due to C19, but will resume when the time is good.
----went there 6 times out of the last 8 years (Custom House).
We go to Charleston 4 times a year (Church Street Inn), and we've been to Wmsbg 3 times in last 6 years, including last December
for Christmas week, and just last Saturday returned from Thanksgiving week. All Manor Club...so beautiful there!!!
So much research to do, and I'm feeling the pressure. :)
so many restaurants,so little time

kwelty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club II
Samoset Rockport, ME
Harbor Ridge MDI ME
Tree Tops Gatlinburg

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
And your Williamsburg? Thanks

Hmmm, I'll put my best man on it....but I'm at work and it'll take a while before I can get it together.

Boston list actually covers only the North End---i.e., that which is walkable from Custom House, which is more relevant
to those who are Marriott owners/traders and move outward from Custom House and Marriott's Long Wharf Hotel, but it's a pretty nice list
and covers quite a few places....more than enough for several trips.

Williamsburg has far fewer fine-dining places, but it'll still be quite useful for those visiting a week or two.
I'd say Wmsbg has under 10 places I've highly recommended.

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The SERG Passport is out. Meh. Buy one get 50% off the second. No special gift card offer so far. I may be wrong, but it appears there will be no physical booklet this year.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The SERG Passport is out. Meh. Buy one get 50% off the second. No special gift card offer so far. I may be wrong, but it appears there will be no physical booklet this year.

So how do you use the offers without a booklet? Print them? We will be in Hilton Head Island starting next week for three weeks. We could probably use a few of these...

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
So Marty, you working on the Boston list? :D

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
So Marty, you working on the Boston list? :D

Funny you should mention that, my good friend.........I just posted it as another NEW thread, maybe 3+ hours after your question.
I've been tidying it up this afternoon, making sure the links were updated & accurate, etc.
I'm hoping we can visit some of those together sometime in the near future.
Remember MY slogan, slightly different from the beloved "Boston Strong" slogan, and that is................"Boston Soon!"

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

New Mediterranean restaurant ‘something different, something healthy’ for Hilton Head

Hey Steve, that sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm not so much into healthy eating, LOL, but I could give it a try. :)
(Seriously I'm trying to do better.)
This place is very convenient to us at Grande Ocean, so we'll definitely visit in January, and that'll be in about 4 weeks.
Actually I can't wait---it looks great. I'm already predicting it'll be on my list very quickly.
Thank you!!!

FYI....

PHOTOS:

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty, THANK YOU for your correction.

Marty. I AM Still Wishing you a Happy New Year.

I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

Last edited:
Reactions: jme

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Thanks you Miss Marty. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

pedro47, Hello. I am only assuming you might be confused here.

There are two "Marty's" on TUG..... One is a female (Miss Marty), and one a male (jme).
"jme" is the author of the restaurant lists, not "Miss Marty".

Thanks, and Happy New Year to you, too.
Marty (jme)

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To jme
I deleted my posted from Sunday afternoon.
Marty , your HHI Restaurants is :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::whooopie:
OUTSTANDING

To set the record straight, I posted on the wrong thread subject.

Last edited: