• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Ocean Pointe Owners and Friends

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
You can only reserve the season that you own. Gold season is actually considered higher than silver, though Marriott did allocate more DC points to silver.

even though silver has more weeks?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
even though silver has more weeks?

Doesn't matter. If you own Silver then you only get Silver usage.

Think about it. If what you want were to occur then there could be a Gold week owner who would be unable to reserve a week in his/her season because you took his/her entitled week.

This is nothing unique in the Marriott weeks reservation system. You are entitled to reserve a week only during your own purchased season, and if you want something else then you need to use Interval International and hope you can snag a week in a differing season via an exchange.

One other hint: If you own a Gold week at Grande Vista, and if your week is a member of the Florida Club, then at the six month mark you are entitled to reserve a Gold week at Ocean Pointe. That may solve your issue of grabbing a Gold week at Ocean Pointe.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to use the Florida Club to get 2 weeks in mid January and the reservations came back Ocean Front. Should I get excited about this or just prepare for something other than that? I've never had Ocean Front here (only the ones where you look out that corner window and see some ocean). Which is perfectly OK.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I was able to use the Florida Club to get 2 weeks in mid January and the reservations came back Ocean Front. Should I get excited about this or just prepare for something other than that? I've never had Ocean Front here (only the ones where you look out that corner window and see some ocean). Which is perfectly OK.
You'll get Ocean Front (that's what a rep told me a couple of years ago). Congrats!

I got lucky and nabbed an OF unit through Interval back in May and they honored it - we were 4th floor and it was really nice.

happyguy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
marriott ocean pointe, marriott desert springs

Davidr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I came back last month from 2 weeks at OP. The second week was reserved using my Grande Vista week. We were able to reserve a OF unit with that.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a 2 bedroom OF as an II exchange. Must be the 2 bedroom side of the 3 bedroom unit. Looks like the 2nd bedroom has 2 twin beds. That's a nightmare with my elderly parents . I'm willing to take a parking lot view for 2 king beds. Do they really honor the II codes? Does anyone have an email address for the room controller ?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I got a 2 bedroom OF as an II exchange. Must be the 2 bedroom side of the 3 bedroom unit. Looks like the 2nd bedroom has 2 twin beds. That's a nightmare with my elderly parents . I'm willing to take a parking lot view for 2 king beds. Do they really honor the II codes? Does anyone have an email address for the room controller ?
You could request the "downgrade". They may honor it, but no guarantees. From what I understand, they honor the view/unit that was deposited by the original owner. Did you add EPlus or is this traded using a Marriott week where you paid $0 exchange fee? If so, you can try searching for the same week in II and do a retrade. Chances are it would be an Oceanside unit.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

I have been to Ocean Pointe 10 years in a row, and always get a room matching the II code.

cmasner

Reaction score
I was there last week. Stayed in Sailfish with refurbished units. We could see new windows being installed in Dolphin. Construction didn't bother us.

MDteX

Reaction score
I was there last week. Stayed in Sailfish with refurbished units. We could see new windows being installed in Dolphin. Construction didn't bother us.
We were there last week too and also in Sailfish. I agree the construction really wasn't an issue. Go to the beach and you won't even know construction is happening.

Jallu

Reaction score
Any idea when is the owner’s annual meeting this year ? Worth to visit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReinoMOP

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
What has the weather been like and is everything alright?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please do not drive your auto in flood water. Remember your auto is one big computer.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Good morning TUGgers,

I will be at Ocean Pointe in January and the only availability is Studio units -- the Studio off a 2BR and a Studio off of a 3BR (both OF category). Are the identical? Is there any advantage to one of the two unit types?

Please advise and thank you!

Greg

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your view orientation will be different depending on what building you’re in.

Sailfish- 2 bedrooms are on Northeast corner of building so your view will be directed East and North.
This is the same for Cobia and Pompano.
Obviously, it’s just the opposite for the 3 bedrooms.
Dolphin is flipped with the tier of 2 bedrooms being on the Southeast corner so your view is primarily directed south and east so you can watch more of the boat traffic as it comes out of the inlet.
Kingfish is another story. 3 bedrooms face East, 2 bedrooms are on Southeast corner and the inlet side. I love sitting on those balconies and watching the boat traffic. Some say those aren’t oceanfront (in their opinion) but I think they have great beachfront view as they look all the way down the coast to Palm Beach. Nice sunset views.

In January this will make a difference with how much sun you get on the balcony as it is rising more in the Southern Hemisphere. Wind on the balcony is a flip of the coin because in Florida storms can come either from North or South.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
Wondering if many OP owners coming for annual meeting? Be fun to see some winter owners in fall!

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum Ocean Pointe, Platinum Desert Springs 1, Marbella, Chairmans Club, MarriottVacationClub Points, Paradise Village, Mx.
November 9.

tatmtr7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok came for owners meeting now we must evacuate due to storm! Yikes evacuate when u flew in today ! Pray the storm weakens!

PsuFrh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Canyon Villas
Good luck to you and all others at Ocean Pointe and in the area affected by this storm. Safety first.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your view orientation will be different depending on what building you’re in.

Sailfish- 2 bedrooms are on Northeast corner of building so your view will be directed East and North.
This is the same for Cobia and Pompano.
Obviously, it’s just the opposite for the 3 bedrooms.
Dolphin is flipped with the tier of 2 bedrooms being on the Southeast corner so your view is primarily directed south and east so you can watch more of the boat traffic as it comes out of the inlet.
Kingfish is another story. 3 bedrooms face East, 2 bedrooms are on Southeast corner and the inlet side. I love sitting on those balconies and watching the boat traffic. Some say those aren’t oceanfront (in their opinion) but I think they have great beachfront view as they look all the way down the coast to Palm Beach. Nice sunset views.

In January this will make a difference with how much sun you get on the balcony as it is rising more in the Southern Hemisphere. Wind on the balcony is a flip of the coin because in Florida storms can come either from North or South.
We were in the Sailfish building in a 3 bedrooms villa after a Southern Caribbean cruise, a few years ago. All I can say and remember it was awesome.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're staying two weeks at Ocean Pointe and Oceana Palms starting the first weekend of December. Is the water in December usually warm enough to go snorkeling at Peanut Island without a wetsuit? If so I'll try to bring snorkel and mask