• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Grande Vista Orlando

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked in a 2BD unit. Look's like it was recently refurbished. The unit looks beautiful. I stay in a lot of timeshares (mostly Hilton, Marriott, Westin and Sheraton) and Marriott is by far the best at refurbishing their villas. This place looks brand new. I also see them replacing the air conditioning units in the complex.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We were in a refurbished unit in April this year and the unit was great. We were in building 93 and I think it had just completed a refurbishment. Fresh paint on the exterior also. My only beef was with the hard mattress. A growing trend at Marriott timeshare properties.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you are going to be providing us a glimpse into your beautiful room.;)

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Coffee makers? Salt and Pepper? Nonstick egg pan?

It has been years since I've been there. Can you tell me what type of coffee makers they have and what coffee they supply, if any? Do they have salt and pepper shakers? And their egg pans were terrible. What do they have now?

Just checked in a 2BD unit. Look's like it was recently refurbished. The unit looks beautiful. I stay in a lot of timeshares (mostly Hilton, Marriott, Westin and Sheraton) and Marriott is by far the best at refurbishing their villas. This place looks brand new. I also see them replacing the air conditioning units in the complex.

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure the coffee maker, looked pretty good though. Coffee is Safai. The pans worked well enough, although all timeshare pans take a beating. Salt and pepper shakers are supplied.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The salt and pepper shakers are the small disposable kind. They don't hold a lot of salt or pepper. If you plan to use it a lot, buy some at the grocery. You can usually buy them in a set where the containers look like black and white cardboard tubes. They usually cost $1.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it a Keurig? Do they give you enough coffee for the week?

Not sure if I should bring coffee from home, and if so, what type of coffee to bring.

Not sure the coffee maker, looked pretty good though. Coffee is Safai. The pans worked well enough, although all timeshare pans take a beating. Salt and pepper shakers are supplied.

rrazzorr

TUG Member
Reaction score
You guys are too much; coffee will get you started but if you want a good brew naturally bring your favorite; the coffee makers are Hamilton Beach that will brew 6-8 cups.
For some reason there are no salt/pepper shakers but as stated earlier, they are 1.50 in local publix, the size that you can actually use.
Toaster also of the same brand, Hamilton Beach.
I'm here now for 15 days, in a newly refurbished unit, all good appliances that would suffice for anyone for a week or two.
New lamps and clocks have plenty of USB plugs, which is a nice addition. The clock is Blootooth enables, which is also nice, in my opinion.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The salt and pepper shakers that i most often see in timeshare units look like this.

dsps.jpg

Not very much. I sometimes see full size ones with salt and pepper packets stuffed inside.

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you SOO much!

I wasn't sure what kind of coffee to bring. K-Cups or ground. I'll bring ground per the Hamilton Beach comment. I assume they have filters? We are also going to stop off at Walmart before we arrive at the Marriott Grande Vista. We will cook breakfast there so gotta have the right list! Ideally, that first stop is the only stop we'll need to make for supplies (which, of course will include eggs AND wine!)... salt and pepper will be on the list as well.

Anything that I am forgetting that you wish you had brought?

You guys are too much; coffee will get you started but if you want a good brew naturally bring your favorite; the coffee makers are Hamilton Beach that will brew 6-8 cups.
For some reason there are no salt/pepper shakers but as stated earlier, they are 1.50 in local publix, the size that you can actually use.
Toaster also of the same brand, Hamilton Beach.
I'm here now for 15 days, in a newly refurbished unit, all good appliances that would suffice for anyone for a week or two.
New lamps and clocks have plenty of USB plugs, which is a nice addition. The clock is Blootooth enables, which is also nice, in my opinion.

rrazzorr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anything that I am forgetting that you wish you had brought?

Hi, I think you're solid; plenty of coffee filters here; in some places I was able to improvise and use paper towels as coffee filters, same concept :)

I buy everything under the sun in the supermarket; but then again, our circumstances are a bit different, we almost always eat three meal a day in the unit.

On thing I wish they could've had is the non-stick cooking pans, but they only have stainless steel. Considering that non-stick pans scratch up fairly quickly I think many resorts are trying to phase them out.

Don't stress over the supplies much, and enjoy your vacation! :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi, I think you're solid; plenty of coffee filters here; in some places I was able to improvise and use paper towels as coffee filters, same concept :)

I buy everything under the sun in the supermarket; but then again, our circumstances are a bit different, we almost always eat three meal a day in the unit.

On thing I wish they could've had is the non-stick cooking pans, but they only have stainless steel. Considering that non-stick pans scratch up fairly quickly I think many resorts are trying to phase them out.

Don't stress over the supplies much, and enjoy your vacation! :)

I have found non stick skillets in several units over the years. I think they had them for eggs since making eggs in stainless steel is a challenge for most. I have also found that they are always scratched. People using either the forks and knives in them or using the steel spatula. Better to just have stainless steel. They clean up great if you use the proper cleaner.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Mini salt & pepper shakers are a relatively new addition at Grande Vista. They never used to supply them.

I always bring napkins from home (or you can swipe some from a fast food restaurant), a couple of twist-ties which always seem to come in handy, as well as a bunch of zip lock bags of various sizes (for holding leftovers). I used to bring a roll of plastic wrap but it was a pain and I found I didn't use it much. I always bring Tide Pods and fabric softener sheets because they only supply 1 or 2 boxes at most of laundry detergent, and with 2 boys I always pack a Stain Stick.

Bogeygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure what kind of coffee to bring. K-Cups or ground.

I would love it if they had Keurigs in the suites but that will never happen... not when you can buy a Hamilton Beach coffee maker for about $25 vs the price of a Keurig. Every time we stay in a time share I have to relearn how to make drip coffee! :doh:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have Nespresso machines in the European MVC resorts, which I believe may be even more expensive than the Keurig refillable ones.
Keurig is now available in the UK, but I suspect it will face a real challenge taking off here except perhaps for business sales?

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, you prodded me. I have an old egg pan that I'm going to take and then throw away when we check out! Either that or bring Brillo pads. I hate cleaning stainless steel without a real scrubber.

I have found non stick skillets in several units over the years. I think they had them for eggs since making eggs in stainless steel is a challenge for most. I have also found that they are always scratched. People using either the forks and knives in them or using the steel spatula. Better to just have stainless steel. They clean up great if you use the proper cleaner.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Ok, you prodded me. I have an old egg pan that I'm going to take and then throw away when we check out! Either that or bring Brillo pads. I hate cleaning stainless steel without a real scrubber.

By far the best thing to clean stainless steel pans is Bar Keepers Friend. That stuff works wonders, even on the ugliest stainless steel pans.

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Requested preferences, did no good.

A little off-topic...

I had gotten a preferences request email a couple of weeks before check-in (the week before Christmas), and requested bldgs 93 or 94, top floor overlooking golf course and/or any water (pools or lagoons). We exchanged in on a Shortstay for 6 nights, trading Willow Ridge platinum.

When we checked in, were were assigned bldg 100, first floor! I was nice to the girl, and casually mentioned our request. She said that they were very busy and that was all that was available. I was literally the only one checking in, and the parking area was empty as well. (Later in the week, it did get busier, but was never close to full).
I asked if she could at least see if a higher floor was available, as I wanted to try to improve any view. She made a call, and we ended up on the 4th floor.

The view was blocked by trees, but we could make out a corner of the golf course, I think.

Not complaining, but had hoped for a better experience for the first time ever staying at Grande Vista.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I had gotten a preferences request email a couple of weeks before check-in (the week before Christmas), and requested bldgs 93 or 94, top floor overlooking golf course and/or any water (pools or lagoons). We exchanged in on a Shortstay for 6 nights, trading Willow Ridge platinum.
When we checked in, were were assigned bldg 100, first floor! I was nice to the girl, and casually mentioned our request. She said that they were very busy and that was all that was available. I was literally the only one checking in, and the parking area was empty as well. (Later in the week, it did get busier, but was never close to full).
I asked if she could at least see if a higher floor was available, as I wanted to try to improve any view. She made a call, and we ended up on the 4th floor.
The view was blocked by trees, but we could make out a corner of the golf course, I think.
Not complaining, but had hoped for a better experience for the first time every staying at Grande Vista.
Any thoughts?

When you placed your request, did you indicate that you are a Marriott Vacation Club owner? The rooms controller usually has this information, but it never hurts to let them know anyway.

I would find it odd that you got a bad placement. I think it is important to know what the true checkin date was on the week behind the 6 night stay. I think the overlap with the busiest week of the year is what may have led to your poor placement.

Last edited:

thickey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not mention in the request that I am an owner. I guess I assumed they have that information.
Our 6 nights were December 19th through the 25th, which must be why we got poor placement (overlap). I had waited for a full-week exchange, but saw several 6-nighters available as Shortstay exchanges, all ending on the 25th, and eventually took one.
Again though, G.V. did not appear to be full. We stayed until early afternoon on the 25th at the pool, after we checked out. There was only one other family there that whole time.