• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Surf Club

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
It’s nice and quiet here, 95% of the people here are from the local community on staycations. None tested like international travelers so that’s a bit off putting. Marriott should have required all local guests to test negative. I cannot imagine this place at capacity. The grounds are just not big enough. The beach is crowded enough at 30% capacity. If I ever come back to Aruba I’ve decided on an Airbnb since I’d never stay at the resort beach anyway. Arashi so far is my favorite.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
That bowl with the hair makes me want to throw up . I doubt housekeeping would run all the dishes if they are already in the cabinet. I always wash anything I take from the cabinet by hand before I use it. I don’t trust anyone else- prior guest or housekeeping. If you plan on using a lot of stuff I would run it all through the dishwasher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We load all the dishes, utensils and glassware that we will use in the dishwasher and turn on the high heat cycle. Just an assurance that we are not wondering if housekeeping has cleaned the dishes. The only time we do not run the dishes is if the dishwasher is still running when we arrive in the unit.

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just cancelled on HI and moved to Aruba - II certificate and some extra days to make flights work better
Looks like there are a lot of additional cost per day - seems like $15/day for a 1 bdrm - not great but HI charges as well
Covid testing makes much better sense - lots of different molecular tests allowed and "paper work" is electronic
We prefer to do most of our own cooking and was wondering if we need a rental car to get to the stores or other places or are walking and uber sufficient
Does anyone have the email of the front desk so the I can get my three reservation put together?

Tee

Reaction score
No Uber in Aruba. Call and ask your concierge for the taxi fee schedule. Yeah, I'm traditional. I use an actual telephone and actually call and talk to a human being at the front desk.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Just cancelled on HI and moved to Aruba - II certificate and some extra days to make flights work better
Looks like there are a lot of additional cost per day - seems like $15/day for a 1 bdrm - not great but HI charges as well
Covid testing makes much better sense - lots of different molecular tests allowed and "paper work" is electronic
We prefer to do most of our own cooking and was wondering if we need a rental car to get to the stores or other places or are walking and uber sufficient
Does anyone have the email of the front desk so the I can get my three reservation put together?
mhrs.auaar.surfclub.vacation.planner@marriotthotels.com
You can either take a cab or rent a car for the grocery stores. Neither are in walking distance.

klkaylor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well - had a great scuba trip to Marriott in Puerto Vallarta - great hotel well kept with great staff. All inclusive had some issues but still a great trip
New covid testing place showed up in Bakersfield so will test before arrival in Aruba - a bit expensive but worth getting it out of the way
Called - yes called - Surf club today to get our three reservations (points before and after II certificate) and they will do their best to help us not change condos.
Renting a car as it seemed the best option
looking forward to my second trip to Aruba - first was an F-16 low pass- as it was the emergency landing spot when we were flying out of Curacao