• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Summit Watch V Marriott Mountainside

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Given a choice which do people prefer.
  1. Marriott Mountainside [MOU]
  2. Marriott Summit Watch [MSW]

Looking for preferences based on:
  • Activities
  • Restaurants
  • Skiing Convenience
  • Shopping
  • Views
  • Amenities [Pools, Spas]
Looking at summer 2021.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Activities - Mountainside
Restaurants - Summit Watch
Skiing Convenience - Both poor in the summer ;-)
Shopping - Summit Watch
Views - Mountainside
Amenities [Pools, Spas] - Mountainside

My two cents....
With kids in the summer....Mountainside
Just adults in the summer.... Summit Watch

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I agree, with kids, Mountainside. Just adults, Summit Watch.

We stayed at Mountainside a few years ago in the summer. Just my wife and I. It was impossible to relax around the resort with all the unsupervised kids being kids. I have nothing against kids enjoying their summer vacation. I’d just prefer to enjoy my vacation in a little quieter spot. Next time we’ll stay at Summit Watch assuming it’s just adults

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
For winter skiing, definitely Mountainside for the ski in ski out convenience. I'm there to ski, everything else about that trip is secondary. In summer, definitely Summit Watch for the in town location, access to shops and restaurants.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We will be staying in a 1BR unit at Mountainside for 4 nights from September 19-22 (includes the weekend), so hopefully there won't be as many kids as summer time. This will be our first stay at the resort, so any recommendations on room assignments we should express preference for would be appreciated.

By the way, we stayed at Summit Watch for a few nights last year and really enjoyed the resort and location. We would go back in a heart beat, but wanted to try Mountainside this time.

Best regards.

Mike

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shopping - Mountainside
Views - Mountainside

Shopping is much better at Summit Watch, just like the restuarants.

With regards to view, it depends on which unit you get. There are poor views at Mountainside and good views of Main Street at Summit Watch. So, I would actually call it even

My two cents....
With kids in the summer....Mountainside
Just adults in the summer.... Summit Watch

This is true both in the winter and the summer. There is a town lift at Summit Watch onto PCMR so the winter ski access is good as long as you don't have to make ski school early in the morning for the kids.

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Shopping is much better at Summit Watch, just like the restuarants.
Correct. My initial reply to shopping was a mistype. I corrected above. Thanks.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Thanks everyone.

Looks like its:
  • Mountainside for the resort amenities & skiing.
  • Summit Watch for location and access to everything around.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are buying them Mountainside is generally more expensive but has lower MFs. Conversely Summit Watch is cheaper but has higher annual Maintenance Fees.

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We, two adults, only go during the summer and early fall. We always stay at Summit Watch. Under those circumstances we would never stay at Mountainside.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
Take an overnight trip to either Moab for Canyonlands and Arches National Parks or to Bryce Canyon. Do some ATV off-road excursions in both places. A lot of fun

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
If you are buying them Mountainside is generally more expensive but has lower MFs. Conversely Summit Watch is cheaper but has higher annual Maintenance Fees.
We don't plan on buying.
Have 2 exchanges via II at both for Jul 26th & Jul 3rd 2021.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We bought at Mountainside in summer season and have zero zippedty squat interest in Summit Watch. Why? Because we're heading to Park City specifically for the trails (mountain biking) and riding out the front door of the resort and up the mountain is about as sweet as it gets.

So really it depends on what you value and it doesn't matter much what I value. Shopping: ugh. Riding 8 miles up a trail to the Wasatch Crest: yum. If you have zero zippedty squat interest in the trails but want to bar hop, you'd be better off at Summit Watch. If you want the mountain at your doorstep, you'd be better off at Mountainside.

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. We stayed at Mountainside as exchangers, as Chairman's Club a few summers ago. They put us in a room that faced the hill/mountain and the view was not only nil, the windows were filthy with mud so you couldn’t even see the grass. They would not move us.

And it is a favorite with families in summer, as was already stated. We travel as a couple now, no kids.

Pretty much cemented our not-so-great view of Mountainside. On the other hand, we saw where Summit Watch was located and would go there in a heartbeat.

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’re in our 70s so mountain biking and hiking have no interest for us. Merely walking up Main St is enough of a hike. We shop and eat. Lots of summer discounts. We have taken the town lift, which is right across the street from SW. Great views of PC from the top. We also noticed lots of trails starting on Main St by the lift. We have driven to Crystal Lake, Snowbird, and Sundance Resort. We also enjoy the plays at the Egyptian Theater on Main St. We drive down to Salt Lake City and tour and shop at the Sundance Outlet Store. If you live in a cold part of the country lots of stylish well priced winterwear there.

We spent a week in Vail last summer. Much prefer PC.

Last edited:

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
We’re in our 70s so mountain biking and hiking have no interest for us. Merely walking up Main St is enough of a hike. We shop and eat. Lots of summer discounts. We have taken the town lift, which is right across the street from SW. Great views of PC from the top. We also noticed lots of trails starting on Main St by the lift. We have driven to Crystal Lake, Snowbird, and Sundance Resort. We also enjoy the plays at the Egyptian Theater on Main St. We drive down to Salt Lake City and tour and shop at the Sundance Outlet Store. If you live in a cold part of the country lots of stylish well priced winterwear there.

We spent a week in Vail last summer. Much prefer PC.
We travel as a big group of 8-12 people so usually book 3BR or 2 x 2BR-Units.
In this case we have 2 x 2BR-Units for 2-Weeks [4-Reservations].
3-Reservations are at MOU and 1 at MSW.

Since the ages of the kids range from 12-24 we walk many miles each day for fun.
Looks like both are different enough to try them out.
Will keep both rooms and split half the group in SW & half in MS.

alchook

TUG Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="heathpack, post: 2490223, member: 31482

So really it depends on what you value and it doesn't matter much what I value. Shopping: ugh. Riding 8 miles up a trail to the Wasatch Crest: yum. If you have zero zippedty squat interest in the trails but want to bar hop, you'd be better off at Summit Watch. If you want the mountain at your doorstep, you'd be better off at Mountainside.
[/QUOTE]

Although if you're really interested in bar hopping there are better states than Utah.

49, at last count.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
[QUOTE="heathpack, post: 2490223, member: 31482

Although if you're really interested in bar hopping there are better states than Utah.

49, at last count.
[/QUOTE]
Huh? I've been to (too?) many great bars in SLC and Park City. Better than in many states I've visited.

alchook

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, here in Utah we're often told of places that have things like full-strength draft beer, drink discounts, happy hours, more than two types of liquor in a drink, non-metered drinks, and the ability to have a drink and a glass of wine on the table simultaneously.