• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott DC Questions

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I searched the DC FAQs in this forum and did see an answer to the questions I was looking for, so I will check with the resident experts. It looks like enrolled DC members pay no fee to make a Marriott to Marriott II exchange (only club dues). My questions are the following:
  1. Does that benefit apply to Marriott to Vistana exchanges through II?
  2. Is there a fee to cancel an II reservation (like I recently did due to COVID-19) made through the DC/II portal?
  3. If an II reservation is cancelled, is the week(s) restricted or somehow diminished in value?
  4. Do the week(s) go back to the members DC account or do they stay in II?
  5. It looks like the point values to stay at a DC property increase every year? How impactful is that? Do the number of Bonvoy points allotted from a converting a week from increase too?
  6. How are housekeeping fees handled on internal DC stays less than 7 nights?
Any insight or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
1. Yes, Vistana exchanges are now considered Marriott exchanges
2. NO fee to cancel a Marriott exchange (Vistana)
3. Normal II policy-- cancel too late and you get a restricted replacement (60-days)
4. You do not get your original week back when you cancel-- you gave that up. If you cancel 61-or more days out, you request/search just like you did before you got the week you cancelled. Cancel within 60-days and you get a restriction.
5. The number of Bonvoy points you get was part of your original contract. That does not change. Generally speaking, electing Bonvoy (hotel) points has become less valuable in recent years.
6. Housekeeping service varies by property. Assume no housekeeping. Be pleasantly surprised when there is a "free" midweek tidy service. Most properties will clean more often for a fee. It really has no connection to DC points/Bonvoy points/Interval trade.

*** This assumes you are not making changes because of coronavirus.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
never mind- swice covered it!

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Housekeeping varies hugely by region within MVC.
In Asia, daily housekeeping is included.
In Europe, midweek housekeeping and a more basic daily housekeeping is included.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I searched the DC FAQs in this forum and did see an answer to the questions I was looking for, so I will check with the resident experts. It looks like enrolled DC members pay no fee to make a Marriott to Marriott II exchange (only club dues). My questions are the following:
  1. Does that benefit apply to Marriott to Vistana exchanges through II?
  2. Is there a fee to cancel an II reservation (like I recently did due to COVID-19) made through the DC/II portal?
  3. If an II reservation is cancelled, is the week(s) restricted or somehow diminished in value?
  4. Do the week(s) go back to the members DC account or do they stay in II?
  5. It looks like the point values to stay at a DC property increase every year? How impactful is that? Do the number of Bonvoy points allotted from a converting a week from increase too?
  6. How are housekeeping fees handled on internal DC stays less than 7 nights?
Any insight or advise would be greatly appreciated.
To address one issue. II exchanges normally are for 7 days using MVC exchanges. It sounds like you have RCI experience where the resorts often gouge you in that area. As a rule there are no additional fees and when they are, they should be disclosed on the exchange pages. A few resorts charge for parking, AC, and/or a resort fee so always investigate a resort before listing or accepting to see if there are any gotchas. If you're used to RCI there are some differences. One that comes to mind is that if you do an ongoing search with II, they will automatically match you to any weekend day without calling. You can call and have them limit further but you can't do it online. They will call for say Thursday or Monday checkins.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advice. I do have one more question, if there are no II reservation fees OR cancellation fees in the DC Club, what advantage (if any) is there in buying an e-trade plus certificate from Interval/the DC club?

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
The e-trade certificate gives you another chance at getting your first choice.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the good advice. I do have one more question, if there are no II reservation fees OR cancellation fees in the DC Club, what advantage (if any) is there in buying an e-trade plus certificate from Interval/the DC club?
In the II MVC corporate account MVC to MVC (and related like Westin) are free but not to non MVC resorts. IMO the only reason to buy trade in the corporate account is if you're looking at non MVC exchange possibilities.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to what Dean said about buying eplus for non Marriott exchanges made from a corporate account the other reason to buy it is to extend your week if is about to expire.
Eplus is good for a year from your first exchange check in date and cost $59 as opposed to $189 to buy a 1 year extension. It is subject to flexchange but not limited to flexchange if you are careful to always exchange outside if 60 days (paid extension is always limited to flexchange) and it is for 3 manual exchanges ( no requesting)as opposed to just the single exchange with a paid extension.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to what Dean said about buying eplus for non Marriott exchanges made from a corporate account the other reason to buy it is to extend your week if is about to expire.
Eplus is good for a year from your first exchange check in date and cost $59 as opposed to $189 to buy a 1 year extension. It is subject to flexchange but not limited to flexchange if you are careful to always exchange outside if 60 days (paid extension is always limited to flexchange) and it is for 3 manual exchanges ( no requesting)as opposed to just the single exchange with a paid extension.

Good points about flexchange. That reminds me about a question regarding flexchange in MVC corporate II accounts.

In "regular" II accounts one can trade a 1 bedroom for a 2 bedroom by paying a $99 upgrade fee,. However during flexchange the fee is waived, So in the corporate II accounts,
1) Can one upgrade by paying a $99 upgrade fee?
2) If yes, is that fee waived during flexchange?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good points about flexchange. That reminds me about a question regarding flexchange in MVC corporate II accounts.

In "regular" II accounts one can trade a 1 bedroom for a 2 bedroom by paying a $99 upgrade fee,. However during flexchange the fee is waived, So in the corporate II accounts,
1) Can one upgrade by paying a $99 upgrade fee?
2) If yes, is that fee waived during flexchange?

Thanks in advance for the information.
Yes and yes:)