• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott 50/50 EOY Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
See list of resorts in this program as of May 14, 2009 at the bottom of the page.

I have copied (and slightly edited) the following from the old TUG BBS.

RodBrannan

TUG Member
posted 04-04-2005 17:44

I have been talking on the phone to a Marriott rep. I found out recently that if you purchase 2 eoy properties, you can buy each for 1/2 the annual price. In the past you had to pay about 65% of the annual price for an eoy. We own a sport sunset week and I am going to take advantage of this.

Now I just need to decide which 2 properties I want to buy. I am thinking about a gold ocean point unit and a platinum canyon villas. If I go with this purchase price 23150. 150,000 rewards points 80000 referral points. I just thought I would mention they are now doing this. I think it’s a great option, as now we can have a classic golf destination in phoenix and a great summer in west palm beach.

-----------------------------------------------------

mcpower

Non Member
posted 04-05-2005 04:04

Are you talking with someone in the Marriott telesales? Also, can you choose any two properties?

-----------------------------------------------------

dougp26364

TUG Member
From: Wichita KS owner: Polo Towers/ The Villas at Polo Towers/ Marriot's Ocean Point/Marriott's Grand Chateau/ HGVC LVStrip/ Grand Regency Branson, MO
posted 04-05-2005 04:37

That sounds like a heck of a deal if there's more than one Marriott property you'd like to own at. If they'd have made that offer years ago, I might own at 4 Marriott properties instead of just two.
Presently, I know that when we bought our EOY Grand Chateau they gave us an option to upgrade to an every year ownership for exactly 50% of the price they were selling EY units for on the day we purchased. The original EOY unit ran 60% of the price of an EY unit.

-------------------------------------------------------

RodBrannan

TUG Member
posted 04-05-2005 05:18

Yes, I am talking to telesales. And you can pick any 2 properties if they have inventory on that property and if they sold that property in eoy intervals.

----------------------------------------------------

camachinist

TUG Member
posted 04-05-2005 07:21

Program has been around for awhile. I first recall hearing about it prior to our trip to MAW last October. At that time it was same resort, but later expanded to any resort having sold/selling EOY intervals.
Good deal, IMO, as developer deals go...

----------------------------------------------------

JimC

TUG Member
From: Southeastern, PA; Owner at Disney (Old Key West, Beach Club Villas) and Marriott (Shadow Ridge, Canyon Villas, Cypress Harbour)
posted 04-06-2005 17:36

That is what we did. We split Canyon Villas Platinum and Shadow Ridge Platinum on a 50/50 basis. Unfortunately not all resorts participate in the program. There is a limited list and Aruba is not on it as that was our first choice. The availability of this program was a major reason for us to buy direct. Also the MR points we received sufficiently reduced the premium we paid for our package that we felt comfortable with the deal.

--------------------------------------------------

lyoder

TUG Member
posted 04-09-2005 07:26

Does anyone have a list of EOY properties? I think Newport Coast has, but it wasn't well advertised. I would love this option--and may make me look at developer prices again.

------------------------------------------------------

JimC

TUG Member
From: Southeastern, PA; Owner at Disney (Old Key West, Beach Club Villas) and Marriott (Shadow Ridge, Canyon Villas, Cypress Harbour)
posted 04-09-2005 07:32

List of EOY 50/50 properties as of May 14 2009
Aruba Surf Club
BeachPlace
Canyon Villas
Crystal Shores
Desert Springs II (not DSV I)
Doral
Frenchman's Cove
Grand Chateau
Grande Vista
Horizons - Branson
Horizons - Orlando
Kauai Beach Club
Ko Olina
Legends Edge
Manor Club (Sequel)
Maui Ocean Club
MountainSide
Newport Coast
Ocean Pointe
St. Kitts
Shadow Ridge
Timber Lodge
Waiohai

Edited on May 14, 2009 to note that the list of resorts participating in the 50/50 plan is ever changing. Thus, check with a Marriott salesperson to ask if a resort you are considering is included in the program.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.