• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

loss of complimentary guest certificates in "new" VIP by Wyndham Benefits program

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
name a reason please... because other than this current 'temporary' policy we have been brand ambassadors with no reason legally to do this. As executor of my husbands estate any property not distributed by his will is mine to distribute at such time as necessary, or abandon.

I know you’re irritated. And most of us have been as well for various changes made by Wyndham over the past ten years. Almost every change has hurt “owners” and benefitted corporate interests. But at times some changes are made to benefit one subset of owners while hurting another subset. This is one of those times.

Bnoble is correct. Please don’t let your frustration with Wyndham blind you to that fact.

As he has stated you can stay without a guest certificate. Likewise there are several resorts that offer perks to owners that they don’t to guests. Especially if you are Presidential Reserve. Also you can reserve more rooms at the same time if you have an additional owner (or more than one) using each owner as a place holder while you finalize your plans.

And he is correct that you can quite easily exit if you wish.

Just one man’s opinion.

Wes.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The policy disallowing use of guest reservations at certain high demand resorts during holidays.
oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
@wyndhamdoesnotcare, Your situation is likely one of the most painful with this latest policy of no guests over holiday periods. Hard, for sure! As a couple tuggers have suggested, you may want to reconsider being added to the deed. You've obviously looked into this a bit and decided it wasn't the best choice for you. But maybe you can ask a few more questions here, dig a little deeper, and you might reconsider. Realizing it is not fixing the real problem (the policy itself) and some very poor customer service. It is supposed to be temporary this year due to the covid points glut. That doesn't mean they won't do something similar in the future. This is not the first time they have done this. My Dad owns over 1.M points, in 3 deeded contracts. For us siblings, we could have added names to only one of the deeds (paid the $299 or whatever) and that makes us all owners on the account, able to use all of the points as owners. That would have minimized risk to 1/3 of his points. A second option, which we chose, was to purchase a very small resale contract, put my Dad's name and all of us siblings on it. That contract was added to his account, his name allows the small contract to be added to his account and now we are all owners and able to use all points. I felt that minimized the risk to all of us while still making us owners. I have never regretted that decision, I can't tell you how much we have saved in guest fees. And then something like this happens, I am more thankful than ever, it is pretty much a non-event for our owners using the account. Owners get early checkin, can request (and are usually granted) nicer rooms, etc. We used to get a newspaper (an old, outdated, joke here :)). And as several have mentioned, there is Certified Exit. Last I checked all of our contracts, including our small resale, were eligible for take back (if not my husband might leave me). I feel I did my due diligence on risk vs. reward here and becoming owners with 'limited liability' seemed a win for us. Best of luck to you, a super frustrating situation, for sure.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham (Homeless) Millionaire
Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the feedback.

The issue for us was the rigidness of the no-exceptions policy that customer service was trying to use and the way we were treated by the 2nd and 3rd person we reached out to for help. The first customer care person we dealt with was actually wonderful and handled our issue correctly. You can not be tone-deaf to the way owners chose to travel with their families. There is absolutely NO reason an Owner should have to pay to put other family members on the deed in order to insure that he can travel with them. What if we had reserved two or three rooms, for the owners son and family? Putting everyone on the deed is not the answer. Putting everyone out because the owner wasn't there at check-in is also not the answer.

That being said we are very happy to report that Wyndham actually DOES care and we received a phone call today from a manager who resolved our issues with reason, compassion and to our complete satisfaction. Assuming of course its all smooth traveling from here on.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the feedback.

The issue for us was the rigidness of the no-exceptions policy that customer service was trying to use and the way we were treated by the 2nd and 3rd person we reached out to for help. The first customer care person we dealt with was actually wonderful and handled our issue correctly. You can not be tone-deaf to the way owners chose to travel with their families. There is absolutely NO reason an Owner should have to pay to put other family members on the deed in order to insure that he can travel with them. What if we had reserved two or three rooms, for the owners son and family? Putting everyone on the deed is not the answer. Putting everyone out because the owner wasn't there at check-in is also not the answer.

That being said we are very happy to report that Wyndham actually DOES care and we received a phone call today from a manager who resolved our issues with reason, compassion and to our complete satisfaction. Assuming of course its all smooth traveling from here on.

Excellent. Glad to hear.

Did they consider your unique circumstances and issue a waiver of the policy? Or have you been sworn to secrecy? We would love to hear what happened, even if you have to speak in code (Blink twice if they waived the policy).

Thanks for sharing.

Wes.