• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LIMITLESS VACATIONS

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Hi, I got trapped at limitless vacation trail package too yesterday, today I went and there was no one, apparently its their day off and I am flying tomorrow. I have emailed them and had profeco in cc, should I do via post mail too? I will be disputing my cc charges too. Please help if anyone can suggest what to do.
Yes email do not do anything. You have to write a regular letter and get proof of the day you mailed the letter. I think if you are sending to mexico from the US it would be registered mail.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes email do not do anything. You have to write a regular letter and get proof of the day you mailed the letter. I think if you are sending to mexico from the US it would be registered mail.

Yes, mailing from either Mexico to Mexico, or the USA to Mexico always be sure to use REGISTERED MAIL ONLY.

Reaction score
Okay, these replies were very helpful, I will now go to nearest dhl and do registered mail with cancellation letter and all the contract documents they sent. I should mail to the address provided over at the contract right?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the Mexican Government would recognize DHL as an "official carrier". You can send it via DHL but I would recommend that you ALSO send it by the Mexican Postal Service (if still in Mexico) or by the United States Postal Service if mailing in the USA.

The POSTMARKED Registered Receipt is your official documentation which is needed should you need to dispute with Profeco or any Court system..........

Remember, you have FIVE days to obtain that Official Postmark so do not delay.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Profeco does allow emails as proof of a cancellation. I like email as it does show a timestamp.

Bill

ARTICLE 56.- The contract shall be perfected five business days from the delivery of the good sold or the signing of the contract, whichever comes later. During such term, the consumer shall be entitled to revoke his consent, without any liability whatsoever. The revocation shall be made by giving notice or by delivering the good sold in person, through registered mail or through other means to serve such notice in a legally unquestionable manner. The revocation made pursuant this article shall render the transaction null and void, and the supplier shall reimburse the price paid to the consumer. In this case, the freight and insurance costs shall be borne by the consumer. With respect to services, the above shall not apply if the date when the service is rendered is within ten business days or less from the date of the purchase order.

Reaction score
Bought a timeshare

In Mexico rescinded contract while there within 5 days and they gave me a receipt for the cancellation however the company extended the rescind period 5 days and gave us a discounted price to “think about” I can not reach them to decline the offer. I got an email from them but when I reply it is returned. I can’t reach them by any of the emails they gave me. I left a message on the number they gave me but haven’t heard back

I have documentation ready to mail to decline the offer. I don’t know the best way to proceed. I have the address but I don’t know how to address a piece of mail to Mexico (so dumb I can’t figure it out) and I think the best way to send is DHL. I have until September 23 to decline or whatever I need to do

I also contacted my bank to rescind within the original 5 day rescission period and they said they cancelled the loan

Please advise!!!

sandy_samiam

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Hi, I got trapped at limitless vacation trail package too yesterday, today I went and there was no one, apparently its their day off and I am flying tomorrow. I have emailed them and had profeco in cc, should I do via post mail too? I will be disputing my cc charges too. Please help if anyone can suggest what to do.

Were you successful? I am rescinding mine, too.

RNT

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm new to Tug & need help urgently please. We got caught in this trap with Vidanta / Limitless vacations as well this week and have been trying to get out of this contract with no luck. We' went back the very following day and spoke to the sales person & his manager because apparently the contracts guy could not speak any English. They made us write this note and told us that they would "do their best" but only to tell us that they could cancel the contract however there was no cooling off period and that the contract stipulates that you can cancel at any time but no refund will be made. I feel so stupid that we keep believing them and falling for their tricks especially now that I'm reading all these treads. We are supposed to check out tomorrow and it will be day 4 as we signed this on Monday Dec 26th our Contract does say you can cancel at any time but no refund will be made. They gave us our resort fee back and deducted that from the "purchase price" but said that's the best they could do for us and made us sign for that "discount" and there was a note that the contract would be paid in full. How do I go about getting this cancelled? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

RNT

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm new to Tug & need help urgently please. We got caught in this trap with Vidanta / Limitless vacations as well this week and have been trying to get out of this contract with no luck. We' went back the very following day and spoke to the sales person & his manager because apparently the contracts guy could not speak any English. They made us write this note and told us that they would "do their best" but only to tell us that they could cancel the contract however there was no cooling off period and that the contract stipulates that you can cancel at any time but no refund will be made. I feel so stupid that we keep believing them and falling for their tricks especially now that I'm reading all these treads. We are supposed to check out tomorrow and it will be day 4 as we signed this on Monday Dec 26th our Contract does say you can cancel at any time but no refund will be made. They gave us our resort fee back and deducted that from the "purchase price" but said that's the best they could do for us and made us sign for that "discount" and there was a note that the contract would be paid in full. How do I go about getting this cancelled? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!
Drafting a letter now but not sure who t send it to or what exactly I should / should not say - appreciate if someone could share a sample who has done this before. Also I cant even login to vacationlimitless.com to see the terms and conditions so I'm not sure what the proper procedure is.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell them that you are exercising your legal right to rescind under Mexican Law and mail it to their official mailing address. If they have multiple official mailing addresses then mail it to every address they have. Any buyer who signed the Contract must also sign the Rescission letter (i.e. your spouse).

Use the Mexican Post Office and mail it REGISTERED MAIL ONLY. Retain the Postmarked Receipts (which indicates you did it within five days). I have no idea if the Mexican Post Office is open on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays so my advice is to get that done today, December 30, 2022. I believe Monday, January 2, 2023 could be their legal Holiday for Government Offices (at least it is in the USA) so this is why it is important to take care of it today).

DO NOT go back to the sales office or attempt to call them. They will only attempt to sweeten the deal or delay you beyond the 5 day rescission time.

Another note: You own NOTHING in Mexico when you buy a Timeshare. All you buy in Mexico is the Right To Use (RTU) as long as you keep signing up and paying their fees. You do not get a Deed like you would in the USA.

Good move to rescind and keep your hands in your pocket!

How much money did they take for a down payment and what was your purchase price?

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Saved! Wow, she is very lucky you knew about TUG. Vacation Clubs offered on your way out the door are NEVER a good thing. Many go out of business before the term is up and those that dont do not have availability at great spots during nice weather. You'll often end up back at a Vidanta property so they have another crack at you where they'll tell you they'll buy you out of your contract and reduce the price. All fake movement of money.

eggroll12

Reaction score
This thread saved us. Great information here.

Our first full day at Vidanta in RM we fell prey to the Limitless Vacation Sales pitch. Very similar to many stories on here, the longer we listened the “better” the deal in front of us got. We signed the contract (which says in multiple areas that we initialled that the initial upfront cost of $3950 USD was non refundable, only the 200$ membership fee could be cancelled and refunded.) After getting back to our room and researching our package, we realized our mistake and luckily fell upon this TUG forum. Within the 5 day period during our stay we returned to the sales building and had to fight through a revolving door of sales people to get our refund, each of them arguing our fee was non refundable. You have to be very persistent that you want a refund and that you know your consumer rights as stated here under article 56, rights that can’t be initialled away. We just politely asked each person not to waste our time and that we didn’t want to waste theirs, to bring us the person who could refund our money. We didn’t end up having to send an email (which I believe is an accepted form of notification for the governing body,) and had a refund slip for all our money after being brought to some main managers office in another building about 1 hour after we arrived at the sales building.

We lost 210$ though. We are Canadian and because we went back for a refund 2 days later, our CAD had dropped enough against USD in that time. Small price to pay considering how bad we felt the deal was.

Big thanks to those in this forum, you saved our vacation. We were pretty miserable before stumbling upon this thread.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Limitless Vacations
Hello all. I am new to this forum and appreciate everyone's savviness.

I wanted to say a few words in favor of Limitless Vacations. We purchased it almost 2 years ago and were able to use it successfully - both a promotional week and resort weeks. So it is not necessarily a bad deal if you want to come back to Vidanta. Had no issues booking the weeks either.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

I wanted to say a few words in favor of Limitless Vacations. We purchased it almost 2 years ago and were able to use it successfully - both a promotional week and resort weeks. So it is not necessarily a bad deal if you want to come back to Vidanta. Had no issues booking the weeks either.
Hi @katia_bythebay
Welcome to TUG- Timeshare Users Group

This thread was started 21 months ago (April 2021) - to help answer questions about Limitless Vacations.
[an access program to Vidanta & other resorts - managed as Limitless Vacations by Arrivia ( formerly ICE / Internatonal Cruise & Expeditions) ]
Note : as of 2022 Arrivia has purchased Redweek - a website that can be used to rent timeshares .

LM is a program that has worked for you (and others) to access Vidanta resorts.

Many of the posters in this thread find TUG while searching the internet for information on how to get out of what they bought.
They generally do not return once they have rescinded their purchase.

It would add to the forum knowledge base if you can add use information.

austinite

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Limitless Vacations at Vidanta (oops)
LM is a program that has worked for you (and others) to access Vidanta resorts.

Many of the posters in this thread find TUG while searching the internet for information on how to get out of what they bought.
They generally do not return once they have rescinded their purchase.

It would add to the forum knowledge base if you can add use information.
Welp, I am another dummy who bought into Limitless Vacations (in 2022) and wasn't smart enough to look up this site to find out how to get out of it until it was way too late. So we decided to try to make the best of it and use it for this year--we were able to book Vidanta for spring break and returned the other week for a great time with friends. Wish I had been able to not spend this money in the first place, but at least it worked for us booking a 2 bedroom for year one.

foureyeflex

Reaction score
Hello! Unfortunately, my GF and I bought into Limitless Vacations on our recent trip. It's already been 5+ days so it sounds like we can't rescind our contract. However, does anyone know how to receive a login for the limitless vacation portal? I haven't received any emails from them. I tried contacting them via Vidanta website and Limitless website but have not heard back yet.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hello! Unfortunately, my GF and I bought into Limitless Vacations on our recent trip. It's already been 5+ days so it sounds like we can't rescind our contract. However, does anyone know how to receive a login for the limitless vacation portal? I haven't received any emails from them. I tried contacting them via Vidanta website and Limitless website but have not heard back yet.
Limitless.Vacations is a " private label" brand that is a part of Arrivia / designed for Vida Sales.
There should be contact information in your paperwork .

Limitless Vacations allows a purchaser to access vacation weeks at Vidanta resorts.
[without the inclusion of a registered week / required access- RTU component that is in Vidanta "owner"contracts]

Limitless Vacations should also give you some access to other TS / vacation programs.
( the value component of LM beyond Vidanta access is unknown to me - as no one has posted regarding that usage)

You could also contact the Vidanta reservations number 1 800 292 9446
and ask for how to contact Limitless Vacations and set up access.

Sometimes phoning may work better .......

Last edited:

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
What is it with Vida and all of these extra programs? I swear, after I bought in 2015 they were literally calling me with all kinds of add-ons that were so annoying. I have not experienced this with any other company. Is this just a Vida thing, or have i just been lucky that companies haven't been calling me?

cincy_qt07

Reaction score

Hi. Can you provide any updates on your limitless vacations?

RLW7707

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
Hi all.....my husband and I were coerced at Nuevo Vallarta on the 25th. We had just gotten off the cruise ship with no plans and fell for the 60 minutes to see the grounds BS and after being at the property for 7 hours we finally caved and bought. The whole cruise we regretted this decision. We are within our 5 business days but I have no idea where to send the letter to. The paperwork has Limitless Vacations on it but doesn't say anything about where to send the letter. Do I send it to Limitless Vacations in Arizona? Is there an address for Vadanta to send it to? I have emailed customer service just as a way to hopefully get the ball rolling. Can I dispute with my credit card? Thanks for any help.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi all.....my husband and I were coerced at Nuevo Vallarta on the 25th. We had just gotten off the cruise ship with no plans and fell for the 60 minutes to see the grounds BS and after being at the property for 7 hours we finally caved and bought. The whole cruise we regretted this decision. We are within our 5 business days but I have no idea where to send the letter to. The paperwork has Limitless Vacations on it but doesn't say anything about where to send the letter. Do I send it to Limitless Vacations in Arizona? Is there an address for Vadanta to send it to? I have emailed customer service just as a way to hopefully get the ball rolling. Can I dispute with my credit card? Thanks for any help.

If you don't have the information on your agreement you could call the BBB and ask if this info on the BBB site is corect.

Bill

Business Details​

Location of This BusinessPO Box 911841, Dallas, TX 75391-1841
BBB File Opened:4/27/2007

Alternate Business Name
  • Grupo Mayan Desarrollo Marina Vallarta, SA.DE C.V
  • Limitless Vacations
Business Management
  • Deborah Ritchie, Manager
Contact Information
Principal
Customer Contact
Additional Contact Information
Website Addresses

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Yes, Limitless Vacations. But honestly I was so burned out by their endless sales torture and turntable of sales people and price drop after price that I never noticed the fine print.
Consider this a cheap way to learn about timeshare sales. Many people end up getting burned buying something they don't want . . . while giving $20k+

I think I foolishly bought something similar from vidanta after I joined 10 years ago. Before buying that, I honestly thought I wasn't prone to giving in to their sales, but I did. From that point forward I learned and saw the $1000 as a good investment in learning . . . never let your guard down around professional sales people.

auroravictor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vidanta
I just googled and got the following info:
  • At Profeco we are here to help: call us at 5568-8722 or 01-800-468-8722
PROFECO
From Mexico City: 5568-8722. From the rest of Mexico:
01-800-468-8722. www.profeco.gob.mx
Site in English: http://www.profeco.gob.mx/english.htm

National Immigration Institute
From Mexico City: 5387-2400. www.inami.gob.mx

Ministry of Tourism
From Mexico City: 5250-0123 or 5250-0151.
From the rest of Mexico: 01-800-903-9200. From the USA: 1-800-482-9832
www.mexico-travel.com

Let us know if any of those numbers help.
Thank you so much, Karen for all the helpful info in this forum. I am truly glad. We fell prey to this timeshare scam on Friday 19th of May last week. we are still within recision period. My problem is we don't know whom to email back to cancel. Our agreement for a vidanta membership was by limitless vacations and vida vacations. I know that we should CC PROFECO and that we should send registered mail to the mailing address on our contract. However, what emails should we send a copy of our cancellation letter to?
We paid the price in full upfront unfortunately, after 7 hours of presentation (from 12-7 pm) and we were only offered a cup of water (5 hours in) and a salad or a taco lunch. We were extremely tired by the time we signed after being seen by one salesperson after the other.
Also, our contract doesn't have terms and conditions, oddly enough. they say they are available online but we can't find them online. I can't believe we fell prey to this scam..
Please let us know if you have updated contact info to which we can send our cancellation letter. also any draft cancellation letter would be helpful.
Many thanks.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thank you so much, Karen for all the helpful info in this forum. I am truly glad. We fell prey to this timeshare scam on Friday 19th of May last week. we are still within recision period. My problem is we don't know whom to email back to cancel. Our agreement for a vidanta membership was by limitless vacations and vida vacations. I know that we should CC PROFECO and that we should send registered mail to the mailing address on our contract. However, what emails should we send a copy of our cancellation ......
Hi @auroravictor
Welcome to TUG
You only have 5 days to rescind a Mexican purchase - so act ASAP.

There is a thread on Limitless Vacations in the TUG Mexican Forum that you can read.
A number of posts tell how folks rescinded thiis program.

I am going to bump this thread to the top and request your posts be added to it.

Last edited: