• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LIMITLESS VACATIONS

sjwel

Reaction score
Unless you get a full refund (unlikely after 14 days) - you might as well figure out how to use it.
You only "owe" $ 796 more over 4 years .
You also pay $ 299 x 2 for 2 more vacations ( I would assume these are back into Grand Mayan / likely between May and December)- a really good price.

Limitless Vacations / ICE - International Cruise and Excursions has a strong relationship with Vidanta. If you can get some additional well priced vacations your cost average per week keeps lowering. I would suggest using the $299 weeks sooner and then try to use LV to get additional weeks at good pricing .If this is not successful you can walk on the paying the additional years of $ 199.

FYI - Your cost per year for this LV membership = 949.20
The per stay RCI-Vidanta resort fee for a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan NV. = $ 900
Thanks for the number crunching. It's not as bad as I initially thought.

sjwel

Reaction score
Thanks for the number crunching. It's not as bad as I initially thought.
One thing that bothered me was that they really emphasized the fact that I could sell my weeks using say Airbnb. That's a big part of why I caved and took the deal once they brought it down to $3950. But now I have no clue how to list a RTU. Any advise. So grateful for all the help!

Betty_Bobby

Reaction score
hello All,
My spouse & I’m in same situation. We were trapped in by Ventas Riviera Maya Sa de CV. By showing vidanta property but It's not even Vidanta during our visit to Cancun in November ‘ 2020. It's through Int'l Cruise ad Excursion Gallery (ICE) and the marketing people literally harassed us to pick last offer for $8000 with 10 years vacation options.
we said we don’t have that money to waste during this pandemic when my husband had no job, they got us through a credit card company & withdrew 8000 even before they sent us any contract documents. Till date they haven’t send us any documents nor web login.
we been calling them for 9 months & every time they give different reasons to delay & now they say they wouldn’t return $8000
Any advise how to cancel this contract?
Bobby

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
hello All,
My spouse & I’m in same situation. We were trapped in by Ventas Riviera Maya Sa de CV. By showing vidanta property but It's not even Vidanta during our visit to Cancun in November ‘ 2020. It's through Int'l Cruise ad Excursion Gallery (ICE) and the marketing people literally harassed us to pick last offer for $8000 with 10 years vacation options.
we said we don’t have that money to waste during this pandemic when my husband had no job, they got us through a credit card company & withdrew 8000 even before they sent us any contract documents. Till date they haven’t send us any documents nor web login.
we been calling them for 9 months & every time they give different reasons to delay & now they say they wouldn’t return $8000
Any advise how to cancel this contract?
Bobby

Mexico allows five days for rescission. I wouldn't hold your breath for ever getting your money back. It's too bad they didn't tell you this 8 months ago.

If you did rescind within the five day time frame then you likely have a valid case. Maybe TUG Moderator Karen can provide the address where you can submit a complaint if you were within the five day time frame.

Last edited:

DShow

Reaction score
So I see we are right in the same boat as so many other unhappy 'campers'. My husband and I stayed with Vidanta in Nuevo Vallarta last month, August 2021. We agreed to the showing of the timeshare program for the 10% off of the total stay to include the card for additional discounts at shops and restaurants on the resort. We had to pay an upfront amount which would be returned. After breakfast, free, and presentation 60-90 minutes. ..I will add that I am diabetic. After we told them no thank you, more talk came then came and came again. Taking us to yet another room thinking we were being refunded. No...we were not. More talks came and still another. I am getting sicker and sicker telling them NO but still no refund. After 8 hours or more we were signing the (I hear on here it is called EXIT OFFER) and they wanted our time share at the Cayman Islands as trade.. What we signed isn't even VIDANTE ... we have been communicating with customer service every since getting no where. They now want us to sign papers stating all of our questions and complaints have been addressed and all is well. No, they are not letting us out. So upset! We find no availability where we look and want to go. $199, $299 or Regular priced. where we want to go ..no properties available.

I am just at a loss to know what to do now. Lawyer?? No clue. Help please and thank you all for any help

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
So I see we are right in the same boat as so many other unhappy 'campers'. My husband and I stayed with Vidanta in Nuevo Vallarta last month, August 2021. We agreed to the showing of the timeshare program for the 10% off of the total stay to include the card for additional discounts at shops and restaurants on the resort. We had to pay an upfront amount which would be returned. After breakfast, free, and presentation 60-90 minutes. ..I will add that I am diabetic. After we told them no thank you, more talk came then came and came again. Taking us to yet another room thinking we were being refunded. No...we were not. More talks came and still another. I am getting sicker and sicker telling them NO but still no refund. After 8 hours or more we were signing the (I hear on here it is called EXIT OFFER) and they wanted our time share at the Cayman Islands as trade.. What we signed isn't even VIDANTE ... we have been communicating with customer service every since getting no where. They now want us to sign papers stating all of our questions and complaints have been addressed and all is well. No, they are not letting us out. So upset! We find no availability where we look and want to go. $199, $299 or Regular priced. where we want to go ..no properties available.

I am just at a loss to know what to do now. Lawyer?? No clue. Help please and thank you all for any help

Just walk away.

Bill

Reaction score
Same boat! We’d been burned by TSs before so we were determined to say “No” to every offer. Almost 4 hours into our presentation, they promised it would be less than 90 minutes” we were exhausted. No joke, my kids were crying. We were offered the Limitless Vacation package for $3995 and would get one free week at any Vidanta, 5 additional Vidanta weeks (to use in 5 years) at the cost of member usage fee, and 2 weeks/year at any of the resorts in their network for $299 per week. They also threw in a bunch of cruise certificates and other discounts. Seemed like a good value.
Here’s the rub, though. It’s been 3 days and they still haven’t sent any log in information or anything. We don’t even have any brochures or catalogs outlining all of the different benefits of this membership. All I have is the signed contract. I came on here looking for info about the benefits of this membership and now I’m sickened. I hate that I may have fallen for a bunch of empty promises.
I left the presentation at the very end because my kids were losing their minds but my husband stayed to sign the paperwork. I asked about the rescission time period but was told since this wasn’t a timeshare it didn’t apply. However, I feel I was sold something other than promised. They presented “limitless” vacation options at luxury resorts but it sounds like from the above posts that’s not true at all. Am I correct in that understanding?
I’m still in resort at RM. How do I get to Member Services? Are they in the same building as the salespeople? I’d like to get out of this if it is just a garbage membership. Appreciate any and all advice!

Reaction score
She did rescind today. What is odd is that nowhere in her paper work or contract did it mention rescission.
Can you tell me what exactly she said to get out of it? And where in the resort did she go? I feel bad because my husband didn’t think it was a good idea but I did and now I’m pretty sure from reading these posts that I’ve changed my mind. I’d love to know what to say to get our money back in the least painful way possible. Thanks so much!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Can you tell me what exactly she said to get out of it? And where in the resort did she go? I feel bad because my husband didn’t think it was a good idea but I did and now I’m pretty sure from reading these posts that I’ve changed my mind. I’d love to know what to say to get our money back in the least painful way possible. Thanks so much!

VIdanta Member Services -NOT SALES - if you are at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta , VMS is likely still in the Grand Bliss building , near the elevator on the floor of the sales office. You may need to make an appointment.

Resinding must be within the 5 days - as per Mexican law.

If VMS says LIMITLESS VACATIONS is not a timeshare - mention Profeco . Profeco is the government body
that regulates all consumer contracts ( not just timeshares) You signed a consumer contract and have rights.
NO reason is required . You changed your mind , just like returning a pair of pants.

VMS will likely counteroffer . Just say NO , you wish to exercise your right to cancel.
note - one offer from VMS could be to upgrade you to a basic Vidanta contract instead of an exit package An actual Vidanta contract would be an improvement. The key issue is how many months ahead can you reserve ( minimum 6 months would be required to get peak season / winter) . Additional dollars from you would likely be required.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for your help. We have been given a refund letter and receipt of the refund. It should go through in the next couple of weeks. I honestly don’t even know that the limitless vacation package we purchased was bad, but after reading the reviews on here it just felt like I’d gotten caught up in a dodgy deal. Member Services was accommodating. Of course we had to talk to a sales agent first, which was fine because we had questions. When the sales agent realized we weren’t budging he basically just walked away from the table and left us sitting there. So we walked back down to Member Services and they took care of the cancellation and refund process. All in all, minus about 5 hours (for both the initial presentation and the cancellation) and some stress/anxiety, it wasn’t a bad process. If anyone finds themselves in our shoes, just get down to Member Services within the 5 days and they’ll take care of it.
Thank you all for posting here and giving such detailed advice and information.

Travel1015

Reaction score
VIdanta Member Services -NOT SALES - if you are at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta , VMS is likely still in the Grand Bliss building , near the elevator on the floor of the sales office. You may need to make an appointment.

If VMS says LIMITLESS VACATIONS is not a timeshare - mention Profeco . Profeco is the government body
that regulates all consumer contracts ( not just timeshares) You signed a consumer contract and have rights.
NO reason is required . You changed your mind , just like returning a pair of pants.

VMS will likely counteroffer . Just say NO , you wish to exercise your right to cancel.
note - one offer from VMS could be to upgrade you to a basic Vidanta contract instead of an exit package An actual Vidanta contract would be an improvement. The key issue is how many months ahead can you reserve ( minimum 6 months would be required to get peak season / winter) . Additional dollars from you would likely be required.
Does someone know where the member services are at Vidanta Riviera Maya?

Travel1015

Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for your help. We have been given a refund letter and receipt of the refund. It should go through in the next couple of weeks. I honestly don’t even know that the limitless vacation package we purchased was bad, but after reading the reviews on here it just felt like I’d gotten caught up in a dodgy deal. Member Services was accommodating. Of course we had to talk to a sales agent first, which was fine because we had questions. When the sales agent realized we weren’t budging he basically just walked away from the table and left us sitting there. So we walked back down to Member Services and they took care of the cancellation and refund process. All in all, minus about 5 hours (for both the initial presentation and the cancellation) and some stress/anxiety, it wasn’t a bad process. If anyone finds themselves in our shoes, just get down to Member Services within the 5 days and they’ll take care of it.
Thank you all for posting here and giving such detailed advice and information.
Can you tell me where the member services is at? We are at the RM resort and we got caught up in it as well. Now reading the reviews and I feel a bit sick to my stomach.

Reaction score
Can you tell me where the member services is at? We are at the RM resort and we got caught up in it as well. Now reading the reviews and I feel a bit sick to my stomach.
Member Services is downstairs in the sales building at RM. So just go back to the sales building and start there. They'll probably try to convince you to keep it but just keep it short and tell them you don't want it. Once we finally got to the Member Services they were easy to work with and quick to refund us. In all reality, though, Endless Vacation may not be such a bad deal. I just didn't like how we didn't get immediate access to the site or any brochures/media on the program. That seems shady to me and ultimately made me want my money back.

Charchar

Reaction score

This is great information sharing guys.
I am on 5 business days and have already left Mexico. Is there an email or contact number to the Members Service I can go through to? Any templates would also be welcome.
After reading this I have sent an email to the customer service email on their website just in case so there’s a record with todays date of rescinding.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is great information sharing guys.
I am on 5 business days and have already left Mexico. Is there an email or contact number to the Members Service I can go through to? Any templates would also be welcome.
After reading this I have sent an email to the customer service email on their website just in case so there’s a record with todays date of rescinding.

Go to ANY Post Office TODAY and send your rescission paperwork via REGISTERED MAIL. Retain your postmarked postal receipt which will prove you mailed it within the 5 day timeframe and you should be fine. It doesn't matter when they receive it BUT it does matter as to when it is Postmarked and mailed.

Just tell them that you are exercising your right of rescission per Mexican law and want to cancel the transaction. You should sign the rescission as well as your spouse (if he/she signed the original agreement).

Best of luck!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

jag604

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Limitless :(
Go to ANY Post Office TODAY and send your rescission paperwork via REGISTERED MAIL. Retain your postmarked postal receipt which will prove you mailed it within the 5 day timeframe and you should be fine. It doesn't matter when they receive it BUT it does matter as to when it is Postmarked and mailed.

Just tell them that you are exercising your right of rescission per Mexican law and want to cancel the transaction. You should sign the rescission as well as your spouse (if he/she signed the original agreement).

Best of luck!

Do you know the address? The documentation is so darn convoluted. It's hard to determine if you're contacting Limitless, Vidanta, Bob???
I'm in for $3000. I'll be sending an email and cc'ing Profeco. I'm also talking to my credit card company and reversing charges.

Any suggestions on what I should say to the credit card company?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
@T-Dot-Traveller "may" have the exact address for you. I suggest you click on his name and then click on "Start a Conversation".

Also, maybe he'll see your questions and answer them here on this thread.....

A very sharp move to rescind.

Best of luck!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Do you know the address? The documentation is so darn convoluted. It's hard to determine if you're contacting Limitless, Vidanta, Bob???
I'm in for $3000. I'll be sending an email and cc'ing Profeco. I'm also talking to my credit card company and reversing charges.

Any suggestions on what I should say to the credit card company?

Contact the credit card customer care and dispute the charge. The charge may be pending and would need to be a charge before the credit card company takes action agaisnt the seller but it will be noted that the pending charge is being disputed. The dispute is you are rescinding.

Bill

TARUGOKING

Reaction score
She was able to rescind and get a full refund under the provision that she not bad mouth Vidanta. She could say what she liked about ICE or Limitless Vacations...but not Vidanta.
Hi BC, can you please tell me how she was able to rescind? I'm in a bind since I ended up purchasing Limitless Vacations today (Mexico) and just found out how shady this is. I don't see a grace period to cancel (unlike a timeshare) but plan to go to back tom. My enrollment cost is 8K and instead of financing, I paid all with cc. I plan to contest as well on my CC but I don't know how it would go.

TARUGOKING

Reaction score
Hi BC, can you please tell me how she was able to rescind? I'm in a bind since I ended up purchasing Limitless Vacations today (Mexico) and just found out how shady this is. I don't see a grace period to cancel (unlike a timeshare) but plan to go to back tom. My enrollment cost is 8K and instead of financing, I paid all with cc. I plan to contest as well on my CC but I don't know how it would go.

So early this morning at 9AM, me and my wife went to the member services bldg (NV Santuario - basement) where we signed the contract yesterday. Looks like we were an hour early but eventually met with someone who handles cancellation around 10:30AM.

My LV contract had a clause that says "I/We may cancel Limitless Vacations Memberships at any time, but my initial membership participation fee is non-refundable". I knew that they would point this out to us so I referred them to PROFECO Article 56.

ARTICLE 56.- The contract will be perfected after five business days counted from the delivery of the good or the signing of the contract, whichever happens last. During that period, the consumer will have the power to revoke his consent without any liability. The revocation must be made by notice or by delivery of the property in person, by registered mail, or by other reliable means. The revocation made in accordance with this article renders the operation null and void, and the supplier must reimburse the consumer for the price paid. In this case, freight and insurance costs will be borne by the consumer. In the case of services, the foregoing shall not apply if the date of provision of the service is ten business days or less from the date of the purchase order.

Person said that their contract is air tight and nothing we can do about it. Besides, the contract is based in the USA and not Mexico and we can complain all we want to PROFECO. The only help they can do for us is we can get a lower tier contract for less money (we got the hightest Tier = 4). A lot more discussions and pleading to no avail. We were contemplating on getting a lower tier just to minimize the cost. Anyway, my wife contacted someone she knows back in the USA (retired lawyer) and strongly suggested we draft a letter and have them receive it. Link below is what I used as a template.

Eventually, our plan is to have them receive in person "The revocation must be made by notice or by delivery of the property in person, by registered mail, or by other reliable means." the drafted letter, then to send an email out as per link above. Then dispute CC charge. Person didn't want to be identified and didn't want to sign and left.

When he left, someone came back and asked us to follow them. We went back to office where we signed the contract yesterday. This guy asked for the original contract and cancelled it returning all payments. On the cancellation notice, it says..."TYPE: 100% - 5 Days Request".

Lots of thanks to this thread as well!

SMC12

Reaction score
So early this morning at 9AM, me and my wife went to the member services bldg (NV Santuario - basement) where we signed the contract yesterday. Looks like we were an hour early but eventually met with someone who handles cancellation around 10:30AM.

My LV contract had a clause that says "I/We may cancel Limitless Vacations Memberships at any time, but my initial membership participation fee is non-refundable". I knew that they would point this out to us so I referred them to PROFECO Article 56.

ARTICLE 56.- The contract will be perfected after five business days counted from the delivery of the good or the signing of the contract, whichever happens last. During that period, the consumer will have the power to revoke his consent without any liability. The revocation must be made by notice or by delivery of the property in person, by registered mail, or by other reliable means. The revocation made in accordance with this article renders the operation null and void, and the supplier must reimburse the consumer for the price paid. In this case, freight and insurance costs will be borne by the consumer. In the case of services, the foregoing shall not apply if the date of provision of the service is ten business days or less from the date of the purchase order.

Person said that their contract is air tight and nothing we can do about it. Besides, the contract is based in the USA and not Mexico and we can complain all we want to PROFECO. The only help they can do for us is we can get a lower tier contract for less money (we got the hightest Tier = 4). A lot more discussions and pleading to no avail. We were contemplating on getting a lower tier just to minimize the cost. Anyway, my wife contacted someone she knows back in the USA (retired lawyer) and strongly suggested we draft a letter and have them receive it. Link below is what I used as a template.

Eventually, our plan is to have them receive in person "The revocation must be made by notice or by delivery of the property in person, by registered mail, or by other reliable means." the drafted letter, then to send an email out as per link above. Then dispute CC charge. Person didn't want to be identified and didn't want to sign and left.

When he left, someone came back and asked us to follow them. We went back to office where we signed the contract yesterday. This guy asked for the original contract and cancelled it returning all payments. On the cancellation notice, it says..."TYPE: 100% - 5 Days Request".

Lots of thanks to this thread as well!
Hello, did you do this at the Vidanta in Riviera Maya ? Im caught in the same situation as you and would like to cancel this as soon as possible. Tomorrow is saturday and dont know if they are open tomorrow and what their time frame is. I have a trip tomorrow but if i will cancel it if i can go and cancel this memebrship with limitless vacation and recover my money. Im on my second day to recis.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hello, did you do this at the Vidanta in Riviera Maya ? Im caught in the same situation as you and would like to cancel this as soon as possible. Tomorrow is saturday and dont know if they are open tomorrow and what their time frame is. I have a trip tomorrow but if i will cancel it if i can go and cancel this memebrship with limitless vacation and recover my money. Im on my second day to recis.

Hi @NMIA ,
The rescission was done in Nuevo Vallarta

Vidanta Riviera Maya has a Member Services Dept as well. All reports say VMS is open Mon-Sat and you need to arrange an appointment.

@TARUGOKING posted great details on how they successfully rescinded a Limitless Vacations purchase within 5 days.
They has not been on TUG since May. You could reach them by clicking on the blue user name and starting a "Conversation- Private Message -if you have additional questions.

Good luck and be focused and persistent.

Last edited:

TARUGOKING

Reaction score
Hi @NMIA ,
The rescission was done in Nuevo Vallarta

Vidanta Riviera Maya has a Member Services Dept as well. All reports say VMS is open Mon-Sat and you need to arrange an appointment.

@TARUGOKING posted great details on how they successfully rescinded a Limitless Vacations purchase within 5 days.
They has not been on TUG since May. You could reach them by clicking on the blue user name and starting a "Conversation- Private Message -if you have additional questions.

Good luck and be focused and persistent.

When we cancelled the VIVANTA VACATIONS contract (Nuevo Vallarta) , we went directly to the sales building where we initially signed up. Then we told them we were looking for "person x" who processed our papers the day before. Another person did the cancellation however, before it gets finalized, they will pass you around to convince you to stay with the contract. Our fault was we ended up signing and got LIMITLESS VACATION. So we were able to cancel the Vivanta contract but got LV. We came back the next day to cancel LV. Canceling LV was a pain. As already mentioned, be focused and persistent.

EDIT: Here's a detailed history of us being dumb and lucky (got out of both contracts)

SAT
When we arrived 5/21, I told my wife we should not be attending this (bad experience of time share presentation from Murtle Beach) but she said we will get a good discount.

SUN - So off we go. We had breakfast and then presentation by our sales person. They freakin reel/entice you in and the longer you stay, the better the offer becomes. Wife was attracted to the offers but in the end, we said no (this was around 3PM already). We went down somewhere near the ground level office where another guy met us. Basically, another offer which included cruises. It tickled our fancy bec we liked cruises. Ended up signing a contract worth 12K and that was past 5PM.

MON Next day for whatever reason, we added the GONDOLA package after getting a gondola ride so 15K new total. After that, we did some research and found out that people have a hard time booking vacations or cruises with their package. Decided to cancel the next day.

TUE Went to cancel (In Mexico, when you enter a contract or I think buy something, you have 5 days to cancel/rescind). Talked to sales person and another. Then we were led to another building where a manager talked to us and was giving us options to stay. We said no. Then she signed cancellation papers but we needed to go to another building to finalize. On that building, another offer. It sounded a lot better than any of the previous offers. It was cheaper as well so we took it. So now our contract is 8K and went back to our rooms. around 6 hours lost.

I felt good but my wife had reservations. Did some research AFTER and found out that we got duped signing a worst contract. Now, the vacation package is under LIMITLESS VACATIONS owned by International Cruise & Excursion and not Vidanta. Online feedback is worst. Furthermore, the contract does not have a 5 day option to rescind as with the Vidanta contract. It specifically says "I/We may cancel Limitless Vacations Memberships at any time, but my initial membership participation fee is non-refundable"

So some more research and found out that the "non-refundable" is not enforceable under Mexico's FEDERAL LAW FOR PROTECTION OF THE CONSUMER (PROFECO). We still have 5 days to cancel when we signed the contract.

WED 9AM We went back to cancel the Limitless Vacation contract. Waited for the guy that handles the cancellation until 10:30. Person said that their contract is air tight and nothing we can do about it. Besides, the contract is based in the USA and not Mexico and we can complain all we want to PROFECO. The only help they can do for us is we can get a lower tier contract for less money (we got the highest Tier = 4). A lot more discussions and pleading to no avail. We were contemplating on getting a lower tier just to minimize the cost.

Anyway, my wife contacted someone she knows back in the USA (retired lawyer) and strongly suggested we draft a letter and have them receive it. Link below is what I used as a template.

5 DAY RESCIND

Eventually, our plan is to have them receive in person the drafted letter, then to send an email out to Vidanta member services that we are rescinding the contract just to cover the PREFECO requirement (The revocation must be made by notice or by delivery of the property in person, by registered mail, or by other reliable means.). Then dispute CC charge.

Person didn't want to be identified and didn't want to sign and left. When he left, someone came back and asked us to follow them. We went back to office where we signed the contract yesterday. This guy asked for the original contract and cancelled it returning all payments. On the cancellation notice, it says..."TYPE: 100% - 5 Days Request". 4-5 hours lost.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When we cancelled the VIVANTA VACATIONS contract (Nuevo Vallarta) , we went directly to the sales building where we initially signed up. Then we told them we were looking for "person x" who processed our papers the day before. Another person did the cancellation however, before it gets finalized, they will pass you around to convince you to stay with the contract. Our fault was we ended up signing and got LIMITLESS VACATION. So we were able to cancel the Vivanta contract but got LV. We came back the next day to cancel LV. Canceling LV was a pain. As already mentioned, be focused and persistent.

EDIT: Here's a detailed history of us being dumb and lucky (got out of both contracts)

SAT
When we arrived 5/21, I told my wife we should not be attending this (bad experience of time share presentation from Murtle Beach) but she said we will get a good discount.

SUN - So off we go. We had breakfast and then presentation by our sales person. They freakin reel/entice you in and the longer you stay, the better the offer becomes. Wife was attracted to the offers but in the end, we said no (this was around 3PM already). We went down somewhere near the ground level office where another guy met us. Basically, another offer which included cruises. It tickled our fancy bec we liked cruises. Ended up signing a contract worth 12K and that was past 5PM.

MON Next day for whatever reason, we added the GONDOLA package after getting a gondola ride so 15K new total. After that, we did some research and found out that people have a hard time booking vacations or cruises with their package. Decided to cancel the next day.

TUE Went to cancel (In Mexico, when you enter a contract or I think buy something, you have 5 days to cancel/rescind). Talked to sales person and another. Then we were led to another building where a manager talked to us and was giving us options to stay. We said no. Then she signed cancellation papers but we needed to go to another building to finalize. On that building, another offer. It sounded a lot better than any of the previous offers. It was cheaper as well so we took it. So now our contract is 8K and went back to our rooms. around 6 hours lost.

I felt good but my wife had reservations. Did some research AFTER and found out that we got duped signing a worst contract. Now, the vacation package is under LIMITLESS VACATIONS owned by International Cruise & Excursion and not Vidanta. Online feedback is worst. Furthermore, the contract does not have a 5 day option to rescind as with the Vidanta contract. It specifically says "I/We may cancel Limitless Vacations Memberships at any time, but my initial membership participation fee is non-refundable"

So some more research and found out that the "non-refundable" is not enforceable under Mexico's FEDERAL LAW FOR PROTECTION OF THE CONSUMER (PROFECO). We still have 5 days to cancel when we signed the contract.

WED 9AM We went back to cancel the Limitless Vacation contract. Waited for the guy that handles the cancellation until 10:30. Person said that their contract is air tight and nothing we can do about it. Besides, the contract is based in the USA and not Mexico and we can complain all we want to PROFECO. The only help they can do for us is we can get a lower tier contract for less money (we got the highest Tier = 4). A lot more discussions and pleading to no avail. We were contemplating on getting a lower tier just to minimize the cost.

Anyway, my wife contacted someone she knows back in the USA (retired lawyer) and strongly suggested we draft a letter and have them receive it. Link below is what I used as a template.

5 DAY RESCIND

Eventually, our plan is to have them receive in person the drafted letter, then to send an email out to Vidanta member services that we are rescinding the contract just to cover the PREFECO requirement (The revocation must be made by notice or by delivery of the property in person, by registered mail, or by other reliable means.). Then dispute CC charge.

Person didn't want to be identified and didn't want to sign and left. When he left, someone came back and asked us to follow them. We went back to office where we signed the contract yesterday. This guy asked for the original contract and cancelled it returning all payments. On the cancellation notice, it says..."TYPE: 100% - 5 Days Request". 4-5 hours lost.

Hi, I got trapped at limitless vacation trail package too yesterday, today I went and there was no one, apparently its their day off and I am flying tomorrow. I have emailed them and had profeco in cc, should I do via post mail too? I will be disputing my cc charges too. Please help if anyone can suggest what to do.