• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Let’s share our journey for those of us that want to pursue a healthier lifestyle to lose weight.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Ah, that is wonderful, Panina! I have lost 70 pounds and want to lose another 10. It's taking a long time for these last pounds. I am going to have to really measure and weigh my foods. I hope to be off the program by the end of August, preferably by 8/21, though it seems unlikely. That is when we go to Maui.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Panina @rickandcindy23 Seriously great work ladies. I absolutely love hearing this type of thing.

I've mentioned in other comments that I am a gym fanatic. I belong to two gyms. The writing is on the wall is that one of the two is not going to be fully open for a long, long time. So I placed my order for a Peloton over the weekend. I have always resisted having exercise equipment in my home b/c I love the comradarie of the gym, but I can't fully get back to my routine given the circumstances of the business rules / reopening.

If I had known how long things would have taken to return to normal I would have ordered this thing months ago. But hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

So any Peloton riders out there, share your username.

I now just have to patiently wait for delivery.....

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
@Panina @rickandcindy23 Seriously great work ladies. I absolutely love hearing this type of thing.

I've mentioned in other comments that I am a gym fanatic. I belong to two gyms. The writing is on the wall is that one of the two is not going to be fully open for a long, long time. So I placed my order for a Peloton over the weekend. I have always resisted having exercise equipment in my home b/c I love the comradarie of the gym, but I can't fully get back to my routine given the circumstances of the business rules / reopening.

If I had known how long things would have taken to return to normal I would have ordered this thing months ago. But hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

So any Peloton riders out there, share your username.

I now just have to patiently wait for delivery.....
My daughter-in-law has a Peloton, just got it a month ago. She rides that thing twice a day, 30 minutes each time. She is like you and really misses the gym. I have a recumbent bike that I am starting to ride again, but my bicycle is getting some use lately. I just ride three miles and don't do big hills for now because I need to keep my heartrate slower. I am not supposed to do major exercise with eating 1,100 calories a day.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter-in-law has a Peloton, just got it a month ago. She rides that thing twice a day, 30 minutes each time. She is like you and really misses the gym. I have a recumbent bike that I am starting to ride again, but my bicycle is getting some use lately. I just ride three miles and don't do big hills for now because I need to keep my heartrate slower. I am not supposed to do major exercise with eating 1,100 calories a day.
I don't know how you survive on 1100 cals per day. I'd be laying in the fetal position all day. How much longer will you be on that cal count??

Glad you are getting back on that bike.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I don't know how you survive on 1100 cals per day. I'd be laying in the fetal position all day. How much longer will you be on that cal count??

Glad you are getting back on that bike.
I am on the same plan as @rickandcindy23 but have done it adding more protein. I need to be at least 1250-1400 calories to lose weight. Seems eating more spurs better loses plus I can do some exercise.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am on the same plan as @rickandcindy23 but have done it adding more protein. I need to be at least 1250-1400 calories to lose weight. Seems eating more spurs better loses plus I can do some exercise.
Oh, this is interesting. I didn't realize you were doing that same plan. It's obviously working well for you. How do you like it? I did a little bit of research on it.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh, this is interesting. I didn't realize you were doing that same plan. It's obviously working well for you. How do you like it? I did a little bit of research on it.
I was resistant to it at first as I believe in clean eating and it is processed. I was doing everything right and the weight was just not coming off.

This has been easy in comparison to weight watchers as I do not have to be as concerned of the nutritional balance. I overall am happy with the program. Weight has been coming off steady and I am satisfied. I use the plans fuels as my snacks and split my lean and green into two meals.

The most surprising side effect was my inflammation was reduced within a week. I contribute this to a more steady flow of carbs throughout the day versus lots at one sitting. I think the inflammation was keeping me from losing weight.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was resistant to it at first as I believe in clean eating and it is processed. I was doing everything right and the weight was just not coming off.

This has been easy in comparison to weight watchers as I do not have to be as concerned of the nutritional balance. I overall am happy with the program. Weight has been coming off steady and I am satisfied. I use the plans fuels as my snacks and split my lean and green into two meals.

The most surprising side effect was my inflammation was reduced within a week. I contribute this to a more steady flow of carbs throughout the day versus lots at one sitting. I think the inflammation was keeping me from losing weight.
Really interesting. Do you feel hungry?

I may need to re-look @ this.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Really interesting. Do you feel hungry?

I may need to re-look @ this.
Not at all hungry. In fact I have to make a conscious effort to eat everything. The first week you really do not feel good, headaches, tiredness but it passes within 4 days for most. I also had to find my favorites. Some fuels are just awful. If you decide to pursue I can give you Mine an Cindys coach. She can answer any questions you have Before you decide.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not at all hungry. In fact I have to make a conscious effort to eat everything. The first week you really do not feel good, headaches, tiredness but it passes within 4 days for most. I also had to find my favorites. Some fuels are just awful. If you decide to pursue I can give you Mine an Cindys coach. She can answer any questions you have Before you decide.
Thank you @Panina. Good to know about the hunger. What initially turned me off was the reviews I read on the program always talk about 800-1000 calories per day (which doesn't seem to align what you & Cindy are mentioning). I would have a hard time w/a cal count that low.

Brett

Reaction score
I've reduced my food intake and eaten more protein, fish and salads. I'm exercising more - walking and bike riding.
This week I got an ebike - loads more fun but definitely not burning as many calories !

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Brett! I have an ebike & love it so much. Good for you. Aren't they awesome?

I use mine a lot for errands that I used to do w/my car.

Brett

Reaction score

yes, errands and evening bike rides - tons of fun
My wife (who used to run 10k's and 1/2 marathons) says it's cheating :mad:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would an expert calorie counter please guess how many calories in my day today? I don’t count anything.

coffee, 2 tbsp 1/2 and 1/2, tbsp collagen, tsp MCT oil

2 boiled eggs with >tsp each mustard and mayo. 1/3 peach

1-1/2 c chicken soup (full fat with lots veggies), sharp cheddar, 1/2 apple, 10ish crackers

3/4 c whipped cream (sweetened with stevia) cup sweet cherries

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Question for you eBikers. I cannot cycle, no kidding. :cry: I wobble and fall off the bike the moment I think about falling down. Does eBike require that you have cycling ability?

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for you eBikers. I cannot cycle, no kidding. :cry: I wobble and fall off the bike the moment I think about falling down. Does eBike require that you have cycling ability?
Yes. It’s the same as riding a “regular” bike, but you are getting some assist with each pedal stroke from the battery.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
@rickandcindy23 and @Panina What plan are you on? I need to drop some weight. This weekend, I started walking again. It is hilly in my community so the walk is hard and gets my heart rate up. I have dropped a few pounds since starting to walk but would like to jumpstart my weight loss plan. About 6 years ago, I lost 70 pounds but have regained about 20 pounds in the last 2 years. I got down to a 20-21 BMI when I first lost weight. Technically I am still in the healthy weight range but in the high end of my BMI range. I’d like to get down to at least a 22-23 BMI. It was hard to maintain a 20-21 BMI for me. I would like to nip this weight gain in the bud before it is too late.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@rickandcindy23 and @Panina What plan are you on? I need to drop some weight. This weekend, I started walking again. It is hilly in my community so the walk is hard and gets my heart rate up. I have dropped a few pounds since starting to walk but would like to jumpstart my weight loss plan. About 6 years ago, I lost 70 pounds but have regained about 20 pounds in the last 2 years. I got down to a 20-21 BMI when I first lost weight. Technically I am still in the healthy weight range but in the high end of my BMI range. I’d like to get down to at least a 22-23 BMI. It was hard to maintain a 20-21 BMI for me. I would like to nip this weight gain in the bud before it is too late.
Optavia. At 60 never thought I could lose the weight. It is easy. You also have a coach to help as much or little as you want.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I had two doctors appointments via my laptop and a quick drop in for blood work and vitals. My primary said things could be a little better. My cardiologist said my weight gain and blood work was way off. I told him I thought I gained maybe 7 pounds. He corrected me. I have gained 12. I had lost about 40 pounds and was maintaining my weight pretty well until the lock down.

My problem is with the extra weight I feel more powerful and I like it, lol.

It's good to read your success posts. I'm going back to the pescatarian diet.

Bill

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Optavia. At 60 never thought I could lose the weight. It is easy. You also have a coach to help as much or little as you want.

How does Optavia work? Do you eat normal food? Or do they sell you products? I am looking it up online but wondering if you could share an overview of how it works.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How does Optavia work? Do you eat normal food? Or do they sell you products? I am looking it up online but wondering if you could share an overview of how it works.
You buy products that they call fuels. You have 5 a day. You also have a lean and green meal (protein and vegetables ) that you choose and make. I split this into two meals as it is too much in one meal. I also go off program by adding an egg for breakfast with one of their fuels. For me, this way I am eating three meals a day and 4 fuels that I use as my snacks. You also have a coach that you can choose or gets randomly assigned at no additional cost. In 7 weeks I lost 18.5 pounds easily. Prior I lost 13 on WW but it took a longer time.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You buy products that they call fuels. You have 5 a day. You also have a lean and green meal (protein and vegetables ) that you choose and make. I split this into two meals as it is too much in one meal. I also go off program by adding an egg for breakfast with one of their fuels. For me, this way I am eating three meals a day and 4 fuels that I use as my snacks. You also have a coach that you can choose or gets randomly assigned at no additional cost. In 7 weeks I lost 18.5 pounds easily. Prior I lost 13 on WW but it took a longer time.

Wow, congratulations on your weight loss. That is incredible. I would be thrilled to lose that much weight in 7 weeks. I am going to look into this program. Thanks for the information.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned