• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Let’s share our journey for those of us that want to pursue a healthier lifestyle to lose weight.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouch, sounds like a sprain I had years ago. For me it was a twist in a heeled boot that just went the wrong way. It took a few weeks to get better, no weight was to be put on it for the first few days and it was wrapped to help with the swelling as well as kept elevated, by the time it heeled I needed some physical therapy.

I know you don’t want to hear this but if it gets worse you really need to go get it checked out. I hope you feel better.
Thank you. I will.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Like Panina said, it’s time for X-ray. I missed last step in stairwell at Christmas and sprained ankle. Resort filed claim with insurance. I went for physical therapy. PT guy said it would have been better if I had broken it.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I fell a year ago exactly leaving France. After two weeks I got it x-rayed to rule out stress fracture. It wasn’t broken but I spent the whole summer in a boot. Not to sleep in. At least I got temporary handicapped parking.

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And my thin husband has dropped 10 lbs in two months with exercise and eliminating some but not all snacks. His whole family is like that. The best I can say is I’ve done some exercise, have not gained anything, and have not had my trigger foods( cookies, cake, desserts) in the house the entire time. Not going to restaurants is great. I love to cook and I cook better than most of the restaurants here in SW Florida.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you like veggies?

Most weeks I roast a chicken and fill all the extra space with veggies. Seems like there’s never enough.

Tonight I just put veggies in the roaster. Covered with avocado oil, salt, Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast. Yum!

Onion, garlic, mushrooms, fennel, Bok Choy, Hon Tsai Tai (my local farm is growing it).

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Total of 21 1/2 pounds off since the end of February with 8 of those the last two weeks. I had been struggling because of the virus. @rickandcindy23 Weight loss intrigued me so I found out more and realized on her plan I could still eat certified gluten free with no artificial stuff like dyes which is a must. Time will tell how it will go for me but she did fabulously.

So my new motto
A8B27574-4E98-4E0E-91AC-DD4B57D14945.jpeg

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your weight loss! All my life I've struggled with my weight - up and down, up and down. I just keep fighting. One of the positive things that has come from COVID-19 is that I have been able to really concentrate on exercising and watching what I eat. We would normally eat out most days of the week so that is never good for the waistline! So, I really admire you for finding what works for you and the wonderful success you have had!

Total of 21 1/2 pounds off since the end of February with 8 of those the last two weeks. I had been struggling because of the virus. @rickandcindy23 Weight loss intrigued me so I found out more and realized on her plan I could still eat certified gluten free with no artificial stuff like dyes which is a must. Time will tell how it will go for me but she did fabulously.

So my new motto
View attachment 21547

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
My weight loss journey continues. I lose about a pound in 1-2 weeks. I have 12-14 to go. I have lost 66 pounds. Yep. Rick says I look completely different, but I have a lot of loose skin, which is odd. My little cousin is getting married the last Friday of the monthin Encampment, WY, and I would bet you have never heard of it. I am going to buy one of those slimmer things to hold things skin in place, but I need one that allows me to use the restroom without taking off my slip and my dress. Getting undressed in the bathroom stall at the reception, not a good plan. :rolleyes:

nomoretslt

Reaction score
@VacationForever I hope your foot is feeling better. My friend sprained her ankle while we were playing volleyball...she actually threw up from the pain....another doctor that said a break would have been better.

@rickandcindy23 you are doing great. I’ve heard about some people having some kind of surgery to eliminate the saggy skin. As we get older the skin doesn’t have the same elasticity as it once did. I lost my weight little by little and didn’t have a whole lot to lose...around 35 pounds. I did special exercises so I wouldn’t get the bat wings on my arms. But you must feel so much better not dragging around that extra weight! Your knees and other joints are so very happy!

I’ve lost 2 lbs in two weeks and am about done. We have buyers for our house and I have been on the go for two weeks straight up and down the attic stairs, purging, packing and being so happy in general. No time for being lethargic or snacking. Hoping for an uneventful home inspection and closing!

And I finally found my local weight watchers meeting on zoom...but it’s just not the same.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@VacationForever I hope your foot is feeling better. My friend sprained her ankle while we were playing volleyball...she actually threw up from the pain....another doctor that said a break would have been better.

I’ve lost 2 lbs in two weeks and am about done. We have buyers for our house and I have been on the go for two weeks straight up and down the attic stairs, purging, packing and being so happy in general. No time for being lethargic or snacking. Hoping for an uneventful home inspection and closing!

And I finally found my local weight watchers meeting on zoom...but it’s just not the same.
Congrats on having buyers for your house! My foot is better but still swollen and painful. I still have deep maroon color bruising from my toes to 6 inches above my ankle. My husband who used to play contact sports said he had never seen a sprain so bad. When we went out, I would put on an ankle support wrap to support the ankle but when I took it off, the bruising above and below the wrapped area always got worse. I suspect the fluid from the swollen ankle got moved around. But I am on the mend. Thank you for asking!

nomoretslt

Reaction score
@Panina i missed your post about your big total weight loss. You are doing so well. Are you still following WW also no with what @rickandcindy23 is doing?

I think some of my “chippier” attitude (aside from buyers for our house) has to do with the fact that after having my mammeo and ultrasound rescheduled 3 times because it was nonessential and I had already been past due, everything came back fine. I was really worried...the waiting and waiting for an appointment and of course thinking the worst....family history, but I had the bracca test done and it’s not genetic. However my bone density scan showed bone loss in my hip and spine since my last one. Nothing bad enough for prescription meds, but now I need to consume more dairy and take a calcium supplement....blech. And now I am extra extra careful going up and down the attic stairs!

I can’t believe another 3 weeks before hair salons can open here. So ridiculous. These poor owners.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Panina i missed your post about your big total weight loss. You are doing so well. Are you still following WW also no with what @rickandcindy23 is doing?

I think some of my “chippier” attitude (aside from buyers for our house) has to do with the fact that after having my mammeo and ultrasound rescheduled 3 times because it was nonessential and I had already been past due, everything came back fine. I was really worried...the waiting and waiting for an appointment and of course thinking the worst....family history, but I had the bracca test done and it’s not genetic. However my bone density scan showed bone loss in my hip and spine since my last one. Nothing bad enough for prescription meds, but now I need to consume more dairy and take a calcium supplement....blech. And now I am extra extra careful going up and down the attic stairs!

I can’t believe another 3 weeks before hair salons can open here. So ridiculous. These poor owners.
Glad to hear your tests went well, a relief.

Fyi, exercise is known to increase bone density and improve overall bone health.

In a way my diet is a combo of both plans. The two full meals I eat a day are just like the WW meals I ate. With the added plan I use their fuels as my snacks and stay away from everything else.

ksqdomer

Reaction score
Just now saw this thread. I started Noom on December 10, 2019. I'm 6'-3" and was up to 240 lbs, my heaviest ever. A combination of a hip replacement and poor eating got me there. I was put on meds for slightly high blood pressure that hadn't come down over a period of 9 months. That felt like a wake up call to me. Weighed in today at 188 and have been crushing the spinning cycle, no not a Peloton. I really enjoy the GCN, Global Cycling Network, training videos on YouTube. My right hip feels fantastic. Good luck everyone.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on having buyers for your house! My foot is better but still swollen and painful. I still have deep maroon color bruising from my toes to 6 inches above my ankle. My husband who used to play contact sports said he had never seen a sprain so bad. When we went out, I would put on an ankle support wrap to support the ankle but when I took it off, the bruising above and below the wrapped area always got worse. I suspect the fluid from the swollen ankle got moved around. But I am on the mend. Thank you for asking!

After giving up the boot and then the splint, I found that even after the PT told me I didn't have to wear the elastic bandage I still felt comfort with it. I told him and he said it was fine to keep it on as long as I wanted. It was especially helpful when sleeping. You're still a ways away from that stage but I thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had my doctor's appointment yesterday to go over the recent blood work. The elevated A1C and sugars are down. He was very pleased with where they're at. Said it looked like the blood work of someone 10 years younger (I'm 67). It's 20 lbs. now. I still keep thinking I've come to the end of losing but yesterday's hop on the scale was the lowest yet.

The highs are now low but there are other levels too low. Thyroid, which he's put me on before, and pregnenolone and DHEA to help with building muscle. Vitamin D level was good but doing B12 shots again even though I was thinking we were having a bit too much meat.

Covid antibody test came back negative but he's not convinced they're all accurate.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
What kind of pasta is everyone using?

My local farm posted this recipe and I want to try it. But I’d like to try a non- wheat pasta if someone has a new favorite.
Pasta with Collard Greens and Onions
It needs to be said! Collard greens are one of the most under rated vegetable. They are nutritionally dense and extremely versatile. You can eat them raw or cooked, not to mention they are hardy plants that can withstand very chilly temperatures. This recipe is one example of how to highlight the wonderful flavor of collard greens. Quick and simple, this recipe is on the table in less than an hour and the whole family is happy!
  • 1 bunch collard greens, stemmed and washed
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, preferably a red onion, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced across the grain
  • Salt to taste
  • ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced, or 1/2 head green garlic, stalks and papery shells removed, sliced
  • Freshly ground pepper
  • 8 to 12 ounces pasta, any shape
  • ½ cup cooking water from the pasta
  • 1 to 2 ounces Parmesan (to taste)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt generously and add the collard greens. Blanch for 2 minutes, then using a slotted spoon or a skimmer, transfer to a bowl of cold water and drain. Squeeze out excess water and cut crosswise into thin ribbons.

Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large lidded frying pan and add the onion. Cook, stirring often, until it is tender and translucent, about 5 minutes, and add a generous pinch of salt, the red pepper flakes and the garlic. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute, and add the collard greens and salt and pepper to taste. When the greens begin to sizzle, turn the heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and continue to simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until the greens are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta. Bring the water in the pot back to a boil and add the pasta. Cook al dente, following the timing instructions on the package.

Before draining the pasta, ladle 1/2 cup of the cooking water from the pot into the frying pan with the collard greens and onions. Drain the pasta and toss with the greens. Serve, topping each serving with Parmesan to taste.
e7e1d753-cd07-4e53-83a3-18579c8a425d.jpg
Gateway Farm
Fresh. Local. Real.
Our produce is grown without the use of any pesticides, herbicides, or harsh chemicals. Visit our website www.gatewayfarmplymouth.com

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we went to a morning appointment. I had a small bite of something before leaving. After the appointment it was lunch time. We haven’t had a restaurant meal (dine in or carry out) since 3/10. I’ve been thinking where we’d go if we decided to try. Our appointment was near the restaurant I thought would be the best meal possible. We called ahead for carry out. Fried chicken, collards and mashed potatoes. They had picnic tables set in grassy area by the road.

Disappointed. Collards and potatoes were blah. I doctored up the leftovers at home. Chicken looked like oil was either old or too hot. This is a local favorite and prices aren’t cheap.

We’re spoiled with our new way of eating. DH said we might never go out again. I’ll hold out for a Chik fil a milkshake when we get to NC next month.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Yesterday we went to a morning appointment. I had a small bite of something before leaving. After the appointment it was lunch time. We haven’t had a restaurant meal (dine in or carry out) since 3/10. I’ve been thinking where we’d go if we decided to try. Our appointment was near the restaurant I thought would be the best meal possible. We called ahead for carry out. Fried chicken, collards and mashed potatoes. They had picnic tables set in grassy area by the road.

Disappointed. Collards and potatoes were blah. I doctored up the leftovers at home. Chicken looked like oil was either old or too hot. This is a local favorite and prices aren’t cheap.

We’re spoiled with our new way of eating. DH said we might never go out again. I’ll hold out for a Chik fil a milkshake when we get to NC next month.

Just think of all the money you've saved so you can go crazy on those Chick Fil A milk shakes - which are excellent!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last time I posted here about my weight was the end of May. Figured it is the end of June so time again. I am at a 28 1/2 lbs off, so another 7 lbs this past month. Very happy with the amount. I am cooking more and experimenting, some successful, others not. Seems what I end up hating my other half likes so no waste.

The virus gave me my why. Ironic, it is the cause of making me more healthy.

FDEC50EC-6585-4176-AF63-C8D407395361.jpeg

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just think of all the money you've saved so you can go crazy on those Chick Fil A milk shakes - which are excellent!

Yes we have saved by not going to restaurants. Of course the grocery bill is up but I love having the fridge drawers full of veggies to grab for meals. The pantry is full of good possibilities too.

I concluded it’s about changing habits. Changing the “restaurant” habit was huge for me. Triggers would set off the desire to get that hit of comfort. The Chick fil a milkshake falls into that realm. It’s probably full of non-food and after I have one I don’t know always know how I’ll feel. In reality it’s like a drug that beacons me back.

Tonight I listened to this about sugar addiction. It’s a good listen:

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I got the milkshake craving out of my system today. Don’t need one when we go to NC. Dont even want it.

We went to Greenfield Village today. They were opening to members only. We got a reservation for entry at 10 am. Masks in areas where distance was limited. It was beautiful. Very easy to stay away from others.

The frozen custard stand was open. We got a couple small cups.

We had packed a picnic with salad and salmon but the custard was enough. We stopped by church on way home so I could check garden for water. Had our picnic under a tree while we were there.