• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Let’s share our journey for those of us that want to pursue a healthier lifestyle to lose weight.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
For me Carbs are the killer. I do much better and feel much better on Paleo and clean Keto. Has anyone been trying the blood type diet?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Back from Maui for almost four weeks. I had gained 10 pounds, but I lost it, finally, weighed in today. Most of it was water. Too many carbs, and carbs hold onto water. Get rid of the carbs and the water leaves your body. I did eat fish and chips a few times on Maui.

I hope you all noticed that I married up. Rick is a looker. And he is my best friend and best supporter throughout this journey to health. He says we go on the hike again next year. Okay, okay, I will do it again. Maybe on our 49th wedding anniversary next year. :)
Isn’t it a great feeling to be able to keep our weight in check? I also find if I gain a few, it is easy to lose it now. As for Rick being a looker, how sweet you see him like that. Have you ever thought he thinks the same of you?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Isn’t it a great feeling to be able to keep our weight in check? I also find if I gain a few, it is easy to lose it now. As for Rick being a looker, how sweet you see him like that. Have you ever thought he thinks the same of you?
He tells me that all of the time. :) We celebrated 48 years of marriage, but next month we celebrate our first date 50 years ago. It's also kind of an anniversary. We met at 16. Love at first sight, pretty much.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I have started drinking a gallon of water a day and beside being in the bathroom a lot its really curbed my snacking which in turn has allowed me to lose 15 pounds in 2.5 months...so I'm happy

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have started drinking a gallon of water a day and beside being in the bathroom a lot its really cubed my snacking which in turn has allowed me to lose 15 pounds in 2.5 months...so I'm happy
Wow, that is incredible. Water is great for cleansing our bodies. I am bad about drinking water lately. I need to get back at it.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m currently taking the Apple Cider vinegar gummy called GOLI?
Has anyone tried this and did it work?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m currently taking the Apple Cider vinegar gummy called GOLI?
Has anyone tried this and did it work?
I thought it was supposed to help with acid reflux? It's for weight loss?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My daughter is using some sort of cider vinegar for acid reflux. I just read about it. She says it works and a few websites talk about it for heartburn and acid in the stomach.

My addiction is decaf coffee at night. I have been buying Door County Sinful Delight decaf, and it's got a chocolate flavor. Really good. A little pump of caramel skinny syrup and a little cream. So good. It's been nice during these cool evenings. When the nights get warm, I will miss that treat.

northwoodsgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been buying Door County Sinful Delight

I had to laugh because I had the regular Door County Sinful Delight this morning. I like the Door County coffees, in general.

I signed up for Noom on December 31st close to midnight - guess when their big special was ending, Lol! I had lost 50 pounds about 4 years ago (on WW) and then gained it all back and then some. What I like about Noom is that it forces me to look at the calories in food and not an arbitrary assigned number. In the long haul, I think this will make me more aware of how much food I really am consuming. The program is a little corny but it doesn't make any foods off limits and asks you to analyze your food habits/cravings/emotions that all tie back to why you're eating more than what your body really needs. But I know losing the weight is the easy part, keeping it off is much harder and I'm hoping the psychological part of the plan helps me keep it off this time. So far I've lost 37 pounds without having an exercise routine (I know, I know....).

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have regular Sinful Delight from Door County to drink in the mornings, too. I still haven't opened it. I have a lot of Mocha left (both Starbucks and Kroger Signature coffee). I do mix regular with decaf, half and half, because I make a full pot of coffee each morning and drink it all myself. Rick doesn't like coffee.

I also bought German Chocolate Cake flavor from Door County Coffee. Looking forward to trying it. I wonder if it could possibly be as good as Sinful Delight!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
This is an old thread but have some good news to report. During Covid and after adopting my kids a year ago, I gained a bunch of weight from the stress and lethargy of Covid lockdowns and also eating more sweets with my kids. My BMI got up to 27, which was in the overweight range after 9 years of having a BMI of 20-21. I am happy to report I have lost 20 pounds and my BMI is now 23 and in the healthy range. For those who are not aware of BMI, anything between 18.5 and 24.9 is healthy, 25-29.9 is overweight, 30+ is obese.

My goal now is to get to a BMI of 21-22 and try to maintain that. That is about 9 more pounds to get to my goal weight. If I can lose 5-10 pounds below goal weight, I will try for that but I will be happy with 9 more pounds of weight loss since that gets me to 22 BMI. I feel so happy and excited that I am almost there. For me, a BMI of 20 was a little light but I am not adverse to getting to 21 and trying to maintain that. That would be 14 more pounds. I feel that is very realistic to attain. I like to set achievable goals so that is why I set my initial goal at 22 BMI. If I get to that, which I am determined to do, then I can decide if I want to lose 5-10 more pounds.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This is an old thread but have some good news to report. During Covid and after adopting my kids a year ago, I gained a bunch of weight from the stress and lethargy of Covid lockdowns and also eating more sweets with my kids. My BMI got up to 27, which was in the overweight range after 9 years of having a BMI of 20-21. I am happy to report I have lost 20 pounds and my BMI is now 23 and in the healthy range. For those who are not aware of BMI, anything between 18.5 and 24.9 is healthy, 25-29.9 is overweight, 30+ is obese.

My goal now is to get to a BMI of 21-22 and try to maintain that. That is about 9 more pounds to get to my goal weight. If I can lose 5-10 pounds below goal weight, I will try for that but I will be happy with 9 more pounds of weight loss since that gets me to 22 BMI. I feel so happy and excited that I am almost there. For me, a BMI of 20 was a little light but I am not adverse to getting to 21 and trying to maintain that. That would be 14 more pounds. I feel that is very realistic to attain. I like to set achievable goals so that is why I set my initial goal at 22 BMI. If I get to that, which I am determined to do, then I can decide if I want to lose 5-10 more pounds.
Kudos to you! That is awesome. I did great at first, but journied too long (aka back where I started :-( ). I bet you feel great!!!

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Once my heart doctor explained that the way I can lose weight is by not eating carbs, I tried it & verified by my own experience that he is right about that.

I actually got down to a healthy weight & my clothes fit better.

Then when the covid-19 shutdown hit, my healthy regimen slipped away & disappeared. Resumed gobbling down carbs. Quit going to the gym. Predictable results.

Yes, it was during the covid-19 shutdown. No, the shutdown is not the cause. I have no one to blame but myself. (Shux upon me.)

What's most vexing is that so far I am unable to summon the motivation (or whatever it takes) to regroup & move back to something more like the healthy routine that was working so well for so long.

Knowing what the problem is & knowing what I need to do about it aren't enough. Something else is needed that's beyond my current grasp. The part that's missing is still missing.

So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just started on this weight post and without reading it all yet here is my story. In my youth played all sports and never had a weight issue. Stopped pretty much when I married at 38 and now 70 and ride a stationary bike 3 times a day 20 minutes at a time. Over the past 15 years or so I gained 40-45 lbs.
In February of this year I found out I have a fatty liver and my Dr. wants me to lose some weight and asked if I ever heard of the Metterean Diet? Yes I have but my wife does the cooking and doesn't have anything to do with fish. Lucky for me when I told her she has begun adding fish for me even though she never will even taste it. She looks for recipes and it's all tasted good. Have fish now once or twice a week. Have cut back on my portions,no seconds,desserts are few and far between.
Told my Dr. that I like a bagel for breakfast about 3 times a week so he asked me if I could it only 1/2 each time which I now do. Told him how I used to eat ice cream about 3 times a week but changed that to a 3 scoop milkshake once a week and he asked if I could do 2 scoops in it instead of 3 so I now do that.
I have gone from 230 to 207 and my next goal is 200 when I see the Dr. in February. My ending goal is for my football weight in high school of 185. I'm 5-9 but have always had a wide chest,broad shoulders and carried weight well. Used to wrestle at 156-177 and always felt good without straining at 175-185.
Bart

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have gained about 12 pounds. I am still down 70 pounds from 26 months ago, I am pretty happy about that, but I can do better. My current size in capris and shorts are tight and not loose anymore. I am going to get back on the Optavia program (prescribed foods) for about 8 weeks, once we get back from Disney World. We are here until the 6th. I know I can lose the weight in 8 weeks. I should know better than to eat the potatoes and the corn chips! Those have become my new weaknesses.

My victories have been the ability to walk about 10 miles yesterday in Magic Kingdom between going earlier in the day and then going back later for the Boo Bash. I haven't eaten a piece of candy in 26 months, and I am not eating that bag full I got last night at the Halloween party. I am going to give the candy to the older grandkids. The little ones have about a year's supply.

Disney is not running the parking lot shuttles currently and are making us all walk from the parking lot. It's an easy mile just to get into the park. I cannot believe how sore my feet are right now, but the rest of me is doing just fine. It's tough getting old.

We are leaving for Epcot in about 20 minutes. My feet have blisters on the bottoms, one on the bottom of the big toe, and another right where I have always had this strange corn or callous, so I need to find some bandages to keep them from hurting today.

We will be riding Ratatouille today, if we can get an entry time. That might be a problem, even with all of us trying to get into the virtual queue and 1 PM.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Thank you @TravelTime for resurrecting this thread. I went to look for it a few days ago and got distracted. Congrats on the adoptions and good for you for getting back on track.
I’m still on the Weight Watchers plan, but have been at lifetime and below goal for a number of years. Back in early 2020 was when I dropped below my goal....right at the start of the pandemic....but that was mostly due to running constantly all day painting, cleaning, decluttering and getting our house on the market. When that whole ordeal was over I kept up my activity with 3 mile walks and some water aerobics. Weight Watchers is a good plan for me because it focuses on healthy eating and gives you a choice of 3 different plans (although they are changing once again in November). I eat less carbs, but don’t eliminate completely. Lean towards whole grain pasta when I can. Allow myself one piece of snack size chocolate a day. Have greens for lunch with tuna (packed in water) salad on top. I was using lite mayo, but switched back to regular Hellman’s. Or sliced hard boiled eggs. Or roasted sliced chicken breast. Another thing I learned is to eat slowly and mindfully instead of gobbling down my food.
My issue lately though has been nighttime snacking. I’ve been so bored lately (still living in a 2 bedroom rental condo while our house is STILL being built and we won’t be in for Christmas). My sewing machines and quilting supplies are still in storage, but I did purchase a Cricut and made T-shirt’s for the family for a summer Disney trip. So I need to find more things to make.....probably wine glasses with permanent vinyl.
@rickandcindy23 ... enjoy your trip. We were able to get on ratatouille a few times for the second slot and also got the annual pass holders sneak preview. It’s so cute. Really liked it. I too got blisters for the first time ever. I always wear different kinds of Croc sandals. But one early evening we walked from Boardwalk to ratatouille, then to the boat to Hollywood then power walked to Rise of the resistance ( the line was much shorter towards the end of the evening) and then walked back to Boardwalk. I think you are DVC? Can’t remember, but if you are don’t forget the Figment lounge. I think it closes at 6. Great on not wanting the candy. You will get back on track. You came so far and had a lot of stuff going on.
How is everyone else doing?

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I remember the first time my post doctor visit report used the word obese, based on my BMI (31) I knew I was overweight, but didn't realize it was that bad.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I remember the first time my post doctor visit report used the word obese, based on my BMI (31) I knew I was overweight, but didn't realize it was that bad.

I had BMI well into the 30s for a long time.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have gained about 12 pounds. I am still down 70 pounds from 26 months ago, I am pretty happy about that, but I can do better. My current size in capris and shorts are tight and not loose anymore. I am going to get back on the Optavia program (prescribed foods) for about 8 weeks, once we get back from Disney World. We are here until the 6th. I know I can lose the weight in 8 weeks. I should know better than to eat the potatoes and the corn chips! Those have become my new weaknesses.

My victories have been the ability to walk about 10 miles yesterday in Magic Kingdom between going earlier in the day and then going back later for the Boo Bash. I haven't eaten a piece of candy in 26 months, and I am not eating that bag full I got last night at the Halloween party. I am going to give the candy to the older grandkids. The little ones have about a year's supply.

Disney is not running the parking lot shuttles currently and are making us all walk from the parking lot. It's an easy mile just to get into the park. I cannot believe how sore my feet are right now, but the rest of me is doing just fine. It's tough getting old.

We are leaving for Epcot in about 20 minutes. My feet have blisters on the bottoms, one on the bottom of the big toe, and another right where I have always had this strange corn or callous, so I need to find some bandages to keep them from hurting today.

We will be riding Ratatouille today, if we can get an entry time. That might be a problem, even with all of us trying to get into the virtual queue and 1 PM.
Cindy, thank you for being honest with us about your weight gain. I feel it is helpful to share the truth. Otherwise I might imagine I am the only one who 'falls off or falls down'. When I find myself falling into the black hole of eating more than my body needs -- for pleasure, or because of boredom or pain -- I consider it the same as a person who falls off the wagon for drink. Just start fresh the next day.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Each time I hit 140 lbs, I get into the mindset of needing to lose weight. I hit 140 lbs for the 4th time in my life in the middle of this year. My first goal was 134 lbs. I hit that 3 weeks ago but now I am kind of stuck there because I have been snacking more on chocolates and lots of entertaining every couple of weeks have not helped. My next goal is 132 lbs by end of the year and ultimately to 125 lbs at some point of next year. I am Asian, which means that BMI of 23 carries the same health risks of BMI 30 for a Caucasian. I am now at 21 but I would like to get down to about 19.5. I have try to keep my carb intake to under 100 grams every day.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have started drinking a gallon of water a day and beside being in the bathroom a lot its really curbed my snacking which in turn has allowed me to lose 15 pounds in 2.5 months...so I'm happy

Well the water seems to be paying off.. Since April, I have lost 10 pounds

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

@TravelTime I'm so happy that your BMI is 23. I hope you and your kids are doing well...

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I can tell by the way my pants are fitting I need to loose weight. This year I started eating beef and some treats again. I guess its time to cut those out. Back to fish and veggies for me. I'm up 15 pounds from 4 years ago. Some of it is definitely waist but some of it is muscle. The thing is I feel stronger or more powerful at this weight but I know that it makes my heart work more. Every pound of body has 5 miles of blood vessels which means that if a heart beats 100,000 times a day it is pushing blood 500,000 miles for each pound.

Bill