• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Let’s share our journey for those of us that want to pursue a healthier lifestyle to lose weight.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
How is it going, all of you who are working on health?

Without being too personal and graphic, I had an issue last week that was unexpected. I had to go to the doctor Monday because I was having pain just under my ribcage. It was not what I thought, my gallbladder acting up, it was simple constipation. The extra fiber I am adding to my coffee in the morning (Benefiber) was not enough to keep me cleared out, apparently. I drink a lot of water but added another quart to each day, and I had to take Miralax for 3 days to get things moving. I lost two pounds right after. That is not a true weight loss, admittedly but it did show on the scale. I may have to do that Miralax once in a while. I bought the big-size bottle equivalent at Costco.

I truly have only 4 pounds to go, but I am going to try for another 10. The book says I should be 140-150, so I am trying for 155, my ultimate goal.

I did run out of my favorite bars last week. My order doesn't arrive until Wednesday sometime. I am now out of my cinnamon crunchy O's, too. I guess it's brownies a few times today and tomorrow. Yogurt is also a choice I can make.

I am not sleeping as well as I did in the beginning. I think it's pain from the work we are doing at the townhouse. We are pausing that to clean Rick's stepmom's house of stuff. She had so much. I would like to just get a roll-off and dump it all. But we have to be more methodical. And the dump doesn't need her clothes, if someone can use them. All size small, so I cannot wear them.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
How is it going, all of you who are working on health?

Without being too personal and graphic, I had an issue last week that was unexpected. I had to go to the doctor Monday because I was having pain just under my ribcage. It was not what I thought, my gallbladder acting up, it was simple constipation. The extra fiber I am adding to my coffee in the morning (Benefiber) was not enough to keep me cleared out, apparently. I drink a lot of water but added another quart to each day, and I had to take Miralax for 3 days to get things moving. I lost two pounds right after. That is not a true weight loss, admittedly but it did show on the scale. I may have to do that Miralax once in a while. I bought the big-size bottle equivalent at Costco.

I truly have only 4 pounds to go, but I am going to try for another 10. The book says I should be 140-150, so I am trying for 155, my ultimate goal.

I did run out of my favorite bars last week. My order doesn't arrive until Wednesday sometime. I am now out of my cinnamon crunchy O's, too. I guess it's brownies a few times today and tomorrow. Yogurt is also a choice I can make.

I am not sleeping as well as I did in the beginning. I think it's pain from the work we are doing at the townhouse. We are pausing that to clean Rick's stepmom's house of stuff. She had so much. I would like to just get a roll-off and dump it all. But we have to be more methodical. And the dump doesn't need her clothes, if someone can use them. All size small, so I cannot wear them.

Wow you are so close to your goal weight, congratulations.

You problem is the only issue that I can complain about with our food plan. I think maybe taking colace one in a while might be gentler.

I intentionally slowed my weight loss, 1/2 pound this week and 1 pound last week. Normally I average between 1 1/2 and 2 pounds a week. I want to give my skin a chance to recover and spring back. My chest area in a few weeks is already better. It looked like crinkled leather, now it looks normal. From my face loss, some more apparent creases on side of mouth to chin and crinkling under chin, no fat to fill either in. I am hoping they will recover too. If not I saw some laser or collagen treatments that could help.

Whereas I still want to lose more, no rush as I now feel and look good.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just started week 4. I did not lose any weight this week. I actually gained a pound. I am down 5 pounds total. But I lost 5 pounds in week 1 and 1 pound in week 2. Gained a pound last week. I have only had 2 days out of 24 days where I did not follow the plan but it was not like I went way overboard either. In week 2, I had champagne and some extra fuelings. Last week, there was one day where I had extra fuelings. I am sticking with the plan and hoping I lose some weight this week.

By the way, I had some Restylane treatments this week to fill in parts of my face where I have lost fat due to aging and weight loss in the past. I also did my lips. It came out really good. I did Juvaderm in the past and that was good too. They are the same treatment but different brands. I do not have a preference for one over the other. This time, I went to a new place and the nurse recommended Restalyne bc she said it gives more lift on the cheeks and the lips look more natural. One thing I like about this treatment is the lift also helps with reducing creases in the nosolabial area.

In the past, I did fat transfer using my own fat and that did not come out good so I do not recommend that treatment. The fat did not attach to the cheeks. It only attached in the cheek area next to my nose so it looks puffy there and flat in the cheek area. The positive and negative with fat transfer is it is permanent. So if it comes out good, then all is well. If it comes out bad, then too bad. Fat transfer was recommended by a surgeon who I had trusted before. After this procedure, I learned that fat transfer is hit or miss.

In October, I am doing a laser treatment for the face, neck and chest. I did one before and it took years off my face in terms of sun damage and marks with just one treatment. Usually, they recommend 3-5 treatments for good results but I was happy after just one. This time, I am doing a stronger laser that only needs one treatment for good results.

The other thing I like is Botox. It is very cheap for the results. I only needed 8 units at $12.50 per unit. That is only $100 for great results. I say it is the best bang for the buck in the world of cosmetic procedures.

Here in California, everyone* does cosmetic treatments. It is pretty normal. Not sure what it is like in other parts of the country. I actually started late at close to age 50.

*Note: The word “everyone” is being used as a colloquialism. Everyone does not literally mean everyone, if you know what I mean. It is sad that I need to qualify this.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I looked at the Mayo Clinic website on fiber requirements, and the food alone should be enough fiber. It says 20-25 grams for a woman.

I add Benefiber, but one serving is only 3 additional grams. Each fueling is 4 grams (the ones I choose, anyway). My sister felt that the food was not enough food to make a person "go." That might be the case. Too low calorie? But then why was I so clogged that my gut hurt?

I don't know the answer, but I will try Colace. I got rid of my stool softeners from my surgery 5 years ago because I never had problems with going. This is all so strange for me. I have lost that "urge."

I don't know of anyone who gets cosmetic surgeries personally, and if they do, they don't talk about it. I have a lot of loose skin in my belly, my butt cheeks and definitely my arms. It's really quite annoying. But Rick doesn't mind. He tells me to wear it as a badge of honor. He is so sweet. I really don't deserve that guy.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I looked at the Mayo Clinic website on fiber requirements, and the food alone should be enough fiber. It says 20-25 grams for a woman.

I add Benefiber, but one serving is only 3 additional grams. Each fueling is 4 grams (the ones I choose, anyway). My sister felt that the food was not enough food to make a person "go." That might be the case. Too low calorie? But then why was I so clogged that my gut hurt?

I don't know the answer, but I will try Colace. I got rid of my stool softeners from my surgery 5 years ago because I never had problems with going. This is all so strange for me. I have lost that "urge."

I don't know of anyone who gets cosmetic surgeries personally, and if they do, they don't talk about it. I have a lot of loose skin in my belly, my butt cheeks and definitely my arms. It's really quite annoying. But Rick doesn't mind. He tells me to wear it as a badge of honor. He is so sweet. I really don't deserve that guy.

Just to clarify, cosmetic procedures/treatments are not surgery. They do not cut anything. Most people I know do not do cosmetic surgery.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Here in California, everyone does cosmetic treatments. It is pretty normal. Not sure what it is like in other parts of the country. I actually started late at close to age 50.

"Everyone" in California does cosmetic treatments? I guess that must be why I moved out of California. I don't, and really neither did my friends and family who lived there.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to clarify, cosmetic procedures/treatments are not surgery. They do not cut anything. Most people I know do not do cosmetic surgery.
I don't know of anyone that gets the treatments, but I do know that our local beauty salon has some sort of thing they do that revitalizes skin on face and neck. Maybe that is a treatment like you are talking about, but I have never known anyone who would admit to it.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I think you know what I meant. “Everyone” does not literally mean everyone. You must know this. I should have said “many” but I was not being literal. Don’t you know this?

So you moved out of CA because people do cosmetic treatments? That is a strange reason to move.

I guess me and my friends and acquaintances are vain and care about our looks too much!
You said it, not me.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know of anyone that gets the treatments, but I do know that our local beauty salon has some sort of thing they do that revitalizes skin on face and neck. Maybe that is a treatment like you are talking about, but I have never known anyone who would admit to it.

Cosmetic treatments are like what hair coloring was in the past. Hair color used to be embarrassing to admit it but not anymore. In my circle, it is just fine to talk about it. It is a source of pride not embarrassment. In fact, my friends who can‘t afford the treatments say they wish they had the money. Other than Botox, most treatments are in the thousands.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
-

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Yes we care about our looks. It is a source of pride. No need to get all bent out of shape About this. To each their own. I like something. You do not. Why do you care so much about what I like?
I'm not bent out of shape. I don't care about what you like. I guess I do care when you generalize about "everyone". And now I remember why I have chosen to pretty much ignore all of your posts. Thanks for reminding me.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not bent out of shape. I don't care about what you like. I guess I do care when you generalize about "everyone". And now I remember why I have chosen to pretty much ignore all of your posts. Thanks for reminding me.

Not sure why you reacted to my post to begin with. I was just trying to offer some helpful insights based on my experience to someone who said they had lost facial fat.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeepers.

I should have added the Seinfeld line, "Not that there is anything wrong with that." I don't think it's a big deal, but no one in Denver that I KNOW OF has chosen those treatments, but I would bet some have and just don't say. I know Joyce Meyer had Botox, and she looks good for her age. She said it was good for her to have that done. Good for her self esteem. I totally get it. She is on the stage a lot.

If I had a lot of money, I would consider a few things. :)

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I should have added the Seinfeld line, "Not that there is anything wrong with that." I don't think it's a big deal, but no one in Denver that I know of has chosen those treatments, but I would bet some have and just don't say. I know Joyce Meyer had Botox, and she looks good for her age. She said it was good for her to have that done. Good for her self esteem. I totally get it. She is on the stage a lot.

Exactly. That is what I think. I was thinking this week about why I did the treatments and am spending close to $5000 when no one will see it. When I am out, my face is covered by a mask. By the time mask wearing is over with, these treatments will have worn off. They are not permanent. I decided it was worth it because when I look in the mirror, I like seeing a “pretty” face. Not that I am beautiful or anything. I just mean pretty for my age of 55.

Some people do not care how they look but I do. That’s why I want to lose weight too. Technically, I am not overweight but I am on the high end of the BMI range. I would like to get back to the mid range. I look and feel better but it does not make me healthier. I do things for myself. I do not judge people who like their hair to be gray or who do not have cosmetic treatments so why should they judge me?

My aunt in New York City had a full face lift in her 70s and she looks incredible. She would be beautiful without it but looks much better with it. A face lift is surgery. It is not a cosmetic treatment like Botox or Juvéderm or Restylane or a laser. These are all temporary. A face lift is permanent, although it technically does not last forever.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is a good article that explains about non-invasive cosmetic procedures. Maybe my circle of friends are all celebrities, LOL. Except for the Tuggers of course.

The article below talks about the evolution of acceptable cosmetic procedures and that there is less shame about it now (at least in some circles). The article is 4 years old so I assume there is even less shame now. The article says in 4 years, everyone will admit it. These doctors say almost everyone (notice I did not say everyone) in Hollywood is having fillers done. That is what I do. It is not surgery, not that it would matter if it was. As Seinfeld says, “Not that there is anything wrong with it.”

BTW, I forgot to mention that I rarely wear any makeup. And when I do, it is very little. I have never in my life worn any base cover up.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BTW I posted about fillers bc @Panina mentioned that her face has lost fat. I thought I was offering helpful advice. That is why I originally got fillers.

I also love keratin treatments for the hair like the Brazilian Blowout.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
BTW I posted about fillers bc @Panina mentioned that her face has lost fat. I thought I was offering helpful advice. That is why I originally got fillers.

I also love keratin treatments for the hair like the Brazilian Blowout.
I haven’t done the brazilian blowout since February so my hair is now in its natural state, wavy curly. I actually like it but it is definitely more work then the Brazilian.

I will probably try laser or the needles that promote collagen before I would do fillers. I am hoping like my chest the other skin recovers. Even at 60 and these creases I still look younger then my years.

As far as going off the program, even occasionally it does affect the speed of loss. It slows it down lots. Also the thinner you are the slower the weight loss. I don’t follow the program exactly. I have more protein, veggies and occasionally more condiments. There is no way I am only eating 800-900 calories. I need at least 1100 to feel ok.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I haven’t done the brazilian blowout since February so my hair is now in its natural state, wavy curly. I actually like it but it is definitely more work then the Brazilian.

I will probably try laser or the needles that promote collagen before I would do fillers. I am hoping like my chest the other skin recovers. Even at 60 and these creases I still look younger then my years.

As far as going off the program, even occasionally it does affect the speed of loss. It slows it down lots. Also the thinner you are the slower the weight loss. I don’t follow the program exactly. I have more protein, veggies and occasionally more condiments. There is no way I am only eating 800-900 calories. I need at least 1100 to feel ok.

I am doing the Active FX® laser treatment in October. Their promo materials say it can “reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve the texture and tone of your skin, and provide noticeable skin tightening. This fractional laser is performed in our spa in a single treatment with minimal downtime.”

I do not have any wrinkles and very few fine lines unless I am smiling. I am doing it to even up my skin tone since I do not wear makeup. A side benefit will be if I can get a little skin tightening but that is not my purpose. I have some acne scars on my neck and chest so I would like to see if it will help with that.

I have not done this laser treatment before but I did a different one and the results were great. I had some sun marks on my hands and he treated them and they are gone, even years later. I only did one treatment so I did not get the most results I could have for my facial skin.

What I like about the minimally invasive cosmetic treatments is it is like coloring or highlighting your hair. Fillers and botox are temporary. If you do not like the results, they will wear off. I am rather adventurous when it comes to treatments and will try anything I can afford within reason of course. Sometimes I like the results, sometimes I do not. To be honest, the results are so subtle that hardly anyone notices. I notice for sure and that is what matters.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love the Optavia fuelings. I thought I would not like them but after a few days, I adjusted to the taste and now I love them. The only fueling I have not liked so far is the apple cinnamon oatmeal. Normally I love oatmeal. I have only had the Optavia oatmeal once so maybe I will adjust to it. I have a Dash waffler so I might try waffling it. Many people say they like it waffled.

I tracked my calories yesterday and it was a little over 1000. Today, I am under 700 so far but I only ate 3/4 of my LG and I have one more fueling to go. At this calorie level, I should lose weight. It seems my body is at a plateau.

The two days out of 24 that I ate extra fuelings, I was probably at 1500 calories. When I overeat, it is usually not by a lot. 1500 calories is maintenance for me.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My dinner was 600 calories: 5 oz steak + salad with ranch dressing + 1/2 c of green beans. So add in the five fuelings and I am right at 1,100 calories.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeepers.

I should have added the Seinfeld line, "Not that there is anything wrong with that." I don't think it's a big deal, but no one in Denver that I KNOW OF has chosen those treatments, but I would bet some have and just don't say. I know Joyce Meyer had Botox, and she looks good for her age. She said it was good for her to have that done. Good for her self esteem. I totally get it. She is on the stage a lot.

If I had a lot of money, I would consider a few things. :)

I did not get the feeling that you thought it was a big deal. You came across as non-judgmental.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I think it is really sad when women judge other women for their cosmetic choices. Please try to be civil.....

I color my hair, I had laser hair removal from stem to stern and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. Fillers aren’t for me but when my mothers jowls show up I might consider some type of something.

To each his own.

I am currently trying to get off my “I hate NorCal“ weight I have been packing on the last 2 years. I can’t wait to retire and be home in SoCal and do something active each day soon. I am currently down 12 lbs in the last 2 months. Have a long way to go. It’s encouraging to see many winning the struggle.

We are home until tomorrow then back up north. The first 3 days we were home I walked and went paddling for hours on day 4 I was so sore. Being a week long warrior once every 6 weeks is no way to achieve fitness. But until I am home permanently it’s all I can do.

Best of luck to everyone with a goal.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’ve been doing the keto diet for a few weeks now and I feel great. My LDL even went down.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve been doing the keto diet for a few weeks now and I feel great. My LDL even went down.
Low-carb works for a lot of people, especially men. Rick lost so much weight on low-carb a few years ago, about six years back, I think, that he lost his wedding ring. It just fell off of his finger while he was working in our huge yard. We never found it and had to replace the darned thing. He is so skinny. I am so jealous.

When I posted in our Strive4Health FB group that I have a lot of loose skin, people told me to wear it as a badge of honor. I won't be too graphic here, but my arms are just one of the issues I have. They are pretty saggy. I don't feel comfortable wearing short sleeves, unless they go almost to the elbow.

I don't mind a lot because health is more important in the long run. If insurance would take care of a few places, like my tummy and buttocks, I would be on the list, but we have Kaiser and they do not do tummy tucks and the like. One lady in the group said she had work done. I am sure it was at her expense.

What has surprised me most about my weight loss, and being so close to goal, is that my wrists and fingers are still much bigger than average. Our daughter wears a size 4 ring, and I think mine are size 8 or 9. I take after my grandma and mom, and my sisters are the same. My sister-in-law at 280 pounds (she is now 190 and gaining weight after gastric bypass a few years ago) has always had much smaller wrists and fingers than me. My heaviest was 234. My wrists never got smaller. The bracelets my MIL had (she died recently) do not fit me at all. They are way too small. She was a slight lady.

It was eye opening because just this morning I thought back on watches that I purchased over the years, I realized I always bought the bigger band for my Mickey watches, or I had to buy a man's watch. I would pay extra for the bigger band, and so my expectations of small wrists were rather comical. If my wrists at 35 at135 pounds were big, why would they be smaller now at 65 and heavier than I was back then? Same with my fingers. My arthritis has made my fingers bigger. And my hands look like my grandma's at 90, so that's just not good. Wrinkly, dry looking hands.