• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2023 ] LEGAL EXIT STRATEGIES PLANS WANTED! HVC DO Owner Exit programs don't exist!

VillaHoliday_42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar EY, HVC Desert Oasis Deed w/ Plat Pt overlay EY
Looking for Hyatt Vacation Club Desert Oasis (HVC DO) DEED owners in the process of 'give-away', deed-back or in foreclosure. OR thinking about ‘give-away’ or considering foreclosure
please note - the following applies to HVC DO DEED Weeks only. Not Platinum Point only owners.

I own DEED red season week with platinum point overlay at HVC Desert Oasis in Cathedral City, California (Palm Springs area). A TUG recommended transfer company gave me estimate of HVC DO fees. I spoke to HVC staff member to confirm fees. I was told by HVC there are internal issues between Hyatt and Bureau Indian Affairs after the Welk/Hyatt merger that are causing major delays in final sign off. HVC reports the process could take up to 1-2 years or more to finally close an account.

Meanwhile your give-away deal falls apart, your foreclosure is still wrecking your credit, and your miraculously approved HVC deed-back never gets final account closure.

And so, finger-pointing is affecting us all.

Hyatt Vacation Club Desert Oasis (HVC DO) DEED Week Fees
$250.00 - Bureau Indian Affairs processing fee
$295.00 - Desert Oasis Vacay Owners Assoc
$141.14 - Falcon Lake Properties
$200.00 - Hyatt Vacay Club consent fee
$250.00 - Hyatt Vacay Club transfer fee
$1,136.14 - TOTAL FEES
Please be aware these fees do not include county recording fee, deed search fee, postage fees, etc.

Looking at LEGAL EXIT STRATEGY plans. Does anyone know of a class-action suit with Hyatt Vacation Club Desert Oasis (HVC DO) DEED week owners? I am opening a case with a legal plan.
Please private message me if you are interested or have more information.

VillaHoliday_42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ANY HVC DESERT OASIS DEED WEEK OWNERS OUT THERE? PLEASE SEND ME A PM IF YOU ARE TRYING TO GET OUT OF YOUR DEEDED WEEK.
More updated information regarding the non-existent HVC Exit Program. Hi again spoke to the same HVC representative and was told that the ongoing dispute between Bureau of Indian Affairs and HVC is still ongoing. And therefore there is no activity for any HVC Desert Oasis Cathedral City Calif deed transfers to be signed off.
So options are at the end of the year 2024 to call back again and see if there’s been resolution. Then decide if I want to continue this saga or start the process of walking away and potentially wreck my credit.
He disclosed that the last time there was final sign off on Desert Oasis deed transfers was under Welk management around 2018/2019 before the Hyatt vacation club merger.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
unfortunately if you have been unable to negotiate a surrender with welk, and are unable to give it away your only remaining strategy to exit it to stop paying.

I would urge you to document all the efforts you have made thusfar to both give back, and give away and use all of that in any communication you have with welk/hyatt moving forward should you choose to stop paying and they start sending angry letters.

VillaHoliday_42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
unfortunately if you have been unable to negotiate a surrender with welk, and are unable to give it away your only remaining strategy to exit it to stop paying.

I would urge you to document all the efforts you have made thusfar to both give back, and give away and use all of that in any communication you have with welk/hyatt moving forward should you choose to stop paying and they start sending angry letters.
I have documentation of all of my emails to Hyatt Vacation Club (formerly Welk). The only way I can document the phone call I had with HVC rep I had last year and again recently 2024 was what I wrote on TUG.