• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Least expensive way to get to Platinum

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the least expensive way to get a membership with platinum status?

Thank you in advance.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
An inheritance.

Bar that, PIC. But is still going to cost close too $90,000

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. For clarification, are you thinking the cheapest way is to use two (i think the max) pics at 254k each then buy 492k retail from wyndham? If yes, can i also assume the best retail price for 492k points is about $80K?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a mistake, best price I got was $130/1000. Based on that, about $64000. You can use that as a target + - .
One thing I found was do it at one of the least desirable places to book. They are more hungry for business. Most here on tug think that's nuts, as a resale CWA is more cost effective. Also you have to make sure that you buy perminiate PIC, otherwise its only for 5 years.
Also, you are open to the PIC no longer qualifying if it goes to points or dumps RCI.

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks again. how sure are you that $130/1000 is best price? I did a quick search of the public records for recorded timeshare deeds in FL. I looked at about 50 deeds and the best prices i saw were:

$54,542 for 500,000 points. purchased July 19, 2014. recorded on 10/1/14.
$15,678 for 189,000 points. purchased on July 4, 2014. recorded on 10/1/14.

These were the best of only 50 that I looked at. the 189k contract is only $83/1000. I have seen your figure of $130/1000 in a few other places, so it seems like i'm misunderstanding something? any additional thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. That's the challenge. You said deeds. These were deeded and point Wyndham points? That would mean they are not part of the trust, ( CWA).

I'm not versed enough to know if they would count or have to be converted to trust points, or have any of (CWA) benifits, or if ARP is only for that resort.

That is what I paid. Do you have any details as to what status came with the 500,000 point purchase? Deeds are UDI.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pahio weeks can be converted to VIP eligible points with a small purchase from Wyndham. So find three good weeks like the top floor lockoffs at Ka Eo Kai that convert to 350000 points each and buy three 126k eoy for about $10000 each. And you will be Platinum for $30000

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
An inheritance.

Bar that, PIC. But is still going to cost close too $90,000

You forgot getting adopted by or married to a Platinum Owner.

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Ron. Just to be sure i understand, i would by three good Pahio weeks. Then wyndham allows me to PIC all three at a rate of 350k per unit? if this is true, why would i need to buy 3 126k eoy contracts. couldn't i just by a 68k contract to top me off to the 1mm points?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, you can only PIC two. So two 3 bdrm units gets you half way there. Then, you buy from Wyndham another 500,000 points in a eoy contract or contracts.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, you can only PIC two. So two 3 bdrm units gets you half way there. Then, you buy from Wyndham another 500,000 points in a eoy contract or contracts.

Ron was NOT talking about PIC'ing Pahio 3bdr units ... as they are a Wyndham resort. He is talking about converting Fixed Weeks units to Wyndham points.

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, no need to respond to my follow up question. I searched the boards and found your explanation of the weeks conversion in a different thread. I may ask for the name if the Wyndham salesperson you use. Thanks again for all your helpful info.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. That's the challenge. You said deeds. These were deeded and point Wyndham points? That would mean they are not part of the trust, ( CWA).

I'm not versed enough to know if they would count or have to be converted to trust points, or have any of (CWA) benifits, or if ARP is only for that resort.

That is what I paid. Do you have any details as to what status came with the 500,000 point purchase? Deeds are UDI.

There is another trust called the Fairshare Trust

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score

So are you saying that Platinum can be acheived by using two PICS for 3 bdrm and then buying a 500k eoy contract? that would mean only buying an 250k annually, right?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Ron. Just to be sure i understand, i would by three good Pahio weeks. Then wyndham allows me to PIC all three at a rate of 350k per unit? if this is true, why would i need to buy 3 126k eoy contracts. couldn't i just by a 68k contract to top me off to the 1mm points?

First of all I'm not talking about PIC

But like pic you can't convert a Pahio week without a purchase and at least the last time I asked it was one week converted required a purchase of at least 50000 points

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron was NOT talking about PIC'ing Pahio 3bdr units ... as they are a Wyndham resort. He is talking about converting Fixed Weeks units to Wyndham points.
You would have had to have purchased pahio from Wyndham. Is that true? If so how much would that cost?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you please explain I may want to dothis myself.
Are you talking about a resale week converted?

I have already explained it, and answered your question...

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Oh big ol' jet airliner...

Everytime I see these posts (about how to get to VIP) this song pops in my head... Steve Miller - Jet Airliner

...You know you got to go through hell before you get to heaven.

:hi:

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everytime I see these posts

What I'm struck by is just how powerful the VIP sales pitch is. Anyone who has read even a handful of these threads knows that there is essentially no way for the average person to break even on VIP let alone get value out of it given the current paths to VIP levels. Yet, it's still something people want and try to get. Tell people they can't have something, and they want it twice as much, I guess.

The folks who haven't looked at this carefully have no hope. I tip my hat to Wyndham, that's for sure.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The success of the Wyndham sales pitch is the "sample taste" ... temporary VIP for a 12-18 months.

Wyndham can give away A LOT of sales inventive FREE POINTS to HOOK the buyer -- almost ALWAYS on a loan offered by Wyndham for the initial and future purchases.... they NEVER mention in the initial go rounds to pay off the loan with a line of credit .. always offering their Wyndham Rewards credit card or a traditional loan on the points contract.

Who can't understand a 25% off and FREE unit upgrade ... it makes the buyer feel like A WINNER! (Just like the DVC saying to members checking in is "Welcome Home!"). FEEL GOOD! And the way Wyndham sells is called "Step Selling" ... more profitable and more face time with the buyer(s) ... with the $50-$150 cash attendance offer.

Am I surprised ... NO. It is HARD CORE selling ... creating a demand, illusion of VALUE, a definite "decrease of lifestyle and image" when the VIP "tag" gets lower or GOES AWAY ... esp the newspaper (which EVERY morning is a reward to the VIP members at their door ... telling everyone ... I am SPECIAL).

Rradar25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question please. How do you know if your pic property is a permanent pic? We brought two RCI properties when we purchased Wyndham, and we were recently told that one may be dropped, but find that to be questionable. If this happens, we will supposedly loose our VIP status.

Thanks!

Rradar25

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told by a Wyndham sales rep that "there are no problems that buying more points from Wyndham won't cure." Makes some sense I guess, depending on how much money you want to spend.