• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just logged into my portal for the first, extra points??

arnief

Reaction score
Can someone give me their best guess why, when my account became active I have points available for this year and going forward? There wasn't supposed to be any it was a transfer..

hilton_zpshhfktrqr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I already used the 2015 from the seller and they mentioned that in the closing..
Should I bank these immediately?.. Ok I called HGVC and they ARE my points... I guess I better rescue them huh?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Can someone give me their best guess why, when my account became active I have points available for this year and going forward? There wasn't supposed to be any it was a transfer..

hilton_zpshhfktrqr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I already used the 2015 from the seller and they mentioned that in the closing..
Should I bank these immediately?.. Ok I called HGVC and they ARE my points... I guess I better rescue them huh?
Yes, rescue them asap and book a nice vacation in 2016 with your 9600.

I suspect this was an eBay purchase, they screw up all the time, this one was in your favor, be happy.

leedaorg

TUG Member
Reaction score
It happened to me once too, and estoppel clearly stated no point... Rescue it, and enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

hilton_zpshhfktrqr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I see similar on my account too, 2015 points when I shouldn't have them. I thought it was just an artificiality since seller was going to retain the 2015 Bay Club use year; it's in our purchase agreement. The closing got done in June-July. I don't know if seller had unit enrolled in HGVC... Bay Club indicated in not so many words that 2015 year had been reserved.

Has anyone seen this before with Bay Club resales?
Be nice to have some extra points if HGVC goofed, but I don't want to screw up the seller's reservation. Should I just leave 'em be? TIA

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There's an adage which you should heed: "Do not look a gift-horse in the mouth."
Leave 'em be until 12/24, then treat 'em like it's Christmas and rescue them.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There's an adage which you should heed: "Do not look a gift-horse in the mouth."
Leave 'em be until 12/24, then treat 'em like it's Christmas and rescue them.

thanks! I had forgotten we could rescue till years end :doh:, makes a lot of sense. I'm still thinking from Starwood deadlines, which is long past except for the top elites. Altho' HGVC nickels and dimes us, they have their definite pluses!

arnief

Reaction score
Ok, I called they did tell me points were mine and rescued them. I logged in today and I have lost points.. You will see the rescued points but now it shows 2016 points -4800 plus the rescued points.

I guess I better call them Monday..

hgvcremovedpoints_zpskjbnonqn.jpg

I checked my reservation history and their is none. Any thoughts what might be going on here?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ok, I called they did tell me points were mine and rescued them. I logged in today and I have lost points.. You will see the rescued points but now it shows 2016 points -4800 plus the rescued points.

I checked my reservation history and their is none. Any thoughts what might be going on here?

Hi, you posted your question to another thread too, but I'm going to respond on this original thread.

I too no longer see the "extra" 2015 points on my account. We got a phone msg last Friday from HGVC saying the discrepancy on my account was turned up in an audit, and they were correcting by removing the 2015 points. Perhaps HGVC corrected your account too, but had to do so in a different manner since you had rescued them. I hope they will credit you back the rescue fee you paid.

For me this is no loss, since the 2015 points weren't really mine to begin with.

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score

They took back the points that were not yours. I understand you called however you knew the points were Not yours to begin with. Should have waited until 12/24 like another tugger suggested. Hopefully Hilton will refund the rescue fee for you.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Easy come, easy go...

Years ago, I walked into my bank and told the teller where to put a deposit.
He credited the wrong account. When I told him, he credited the correct one.
But he failed to reverse the first one. I was nearly gone when I noticed the error.

I could'a kept quiet, and waited to see if they caught it in an audit.
But I turned around. Sometimes, you just have to do the right thing.