• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Joke, clean as a whistle

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Three dogs are walking down the street when they spot a beautiful poodle.

She is aware of her charms and says to the dogs, "I will go on a date with whichever of you is the first to use the words 'liver' and 'cheese' in an intelligent sentence."

The labrador shouts, "I HATE liver and cheese!"

The poodle rolls her eyes.

The golden retriever wags his tail and says, "I LOVE LIVER AND CHEESE!!!!!"

The poodle is not impressed.

The chihuahua sidles up and says, "Liver her alone, cheese mine."

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Three dogs are walking down the street when they spot a beautiful poodle.

She is aware of her charms and says to the dogs, "I will go on a date with whichever of you is the first to use the words 'liver' and 'cheese' in an intelligent sentence."

The labrador shouts, "I HATE liver and cheese!"

The poodle rolls her eyes.

The golden retriever wags his tail and says, "I LOVE LIVER AND CHEESE!!!!!"

The poodle is not impressed.

The chihuahua sidles up and says, "Liver her alone, cheese mine."
Hahahahaha!:rofl:

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Would you tell that joke in a room full of Mexican immigrants?

Even an innocuous joke like that could offend.

I stumbled across something interesting today, while reading the news:

Symptoms of fronto-temporal dementia: Someone with fronto-temporal dementia may become less sensitive to other people’s emotions. This can make them seem cold and unfeeling.

They may also lose some of their inhibitions. This could lead to strange behaviour, such as making sexually suggestive gestures in a public place, being rude to others or making tactless comments.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you tell that joke in a room full of Mexican immigrants?. . .

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.....Any Latinos, not just Mexican immigrants.....
A similar joke with a black dog poking fun at Black people would clearly be unacceptable.....

I do think the joke was funny, but I agree with Scoop, and no, I wouldn't.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not make any connection with the chihuahua. The joke could be funny with any breed. Or make it cats.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
I did not make any connection with the chihuahua. The joke could be funny with any breed. Or make it cats.

The joke wouldn't work with any other breed.

Most Latinos who learn English late in life have trouble with "ch" and "sh," the difference between "V" and "B," and any word that begins with "sp."

They pronounce "chef" with the same "ch" as "chief" or "cheese." Same with "Chevy" and even "shoes." (I bought new choos for the cheff.)

They tell you about the new DBDs they bought for their DBD player. (DVD)

And every "sp" word has to start with a soft "e" sound -- especial, eSpain, esport, espoon.

So "liver alone, cheese mine," mimics the speech pattern of a Latino with poor English elocution. Which is why the dog is a chihuahua. And which is why I wouldn't tell that joke where I work. Roughly half my co-workers are Mexican. They can take great offense if someone mocks their diction.

So, my point is that for any joke that sufficiently funny, SOMEONE out there is going to take offense.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
Yes, I would tell it in a room of Mexican immigrants. Work with native Spanish speakers every day. They KNOW they have an accent. Just like I am aware they roll their r's better than I do. They can make fun of my gringo accent when I (attempt to) speak Spanish. Because my gringo accent is funny.

H

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
So, my point is that for any joke that sufficiently funny, SOMEONE out there is going to take offense.

Especially to a handfull of people on this forum. This includes spelling, grammer and whatever other objection someone chooses.

Last edited:

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't imagine how many comments I get because of my southern accent. I live in the south but in a community where southern folk are in the minority. I don't mind corrections or repeating statements. I am never offended, I am who I am.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
They may also lose some of their inhibitions. This could lead to strange behaviour, such as making sexually suggestive gestures in a public place, being rude to others or making tactless comments.

I've been noticing this more and more online...Why do American's use extra U's in words?

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
I don't get it.

You must have meant 'Liver alone, cheese mine"

Ha. Yes phydeaux you are right. I always mess up the punch line of a joke.

H

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing this more and more online...Why do American's use extra U's in words?

Scoop must have sourced this from a UK news article or source. This isn't typical 'American' spelling. (Behaviour)

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Is "sourced" a legitimate verb?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, it is.

For instance, "I sourced the beef for the beef Wellington from a local rancher."

"Sourced" is commonly used in the food world.

And yes, that article came from an English news aggregator. I have no idea why anyone would accuse Americans adding "U" to words. We've been trying our damnedest to stomp that habit flat for the past 200 years.

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is.

For instance, "I sourced the beef for the beef Wellington from a local rancher."

"Sourced" is commonly used in the food world.

And yes, that article came from an English news aggregator. I have no idea why anyone would accuse Americans adding "U" to words. We've been trying our damnedest to stomp that habit flat for the past 200 years.

Isn't Beef Wellington European also? Are you trying to change us through suggestion?

rsz_wizard.jpg

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ride - the Preview Post button is you friend... ;)

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
I have no idea why anyone would accuse Americans adding "U" to words. We've been trying our damnedest to stomp that habit flat for the past 200 years.

Scoop, I am sorry to say this comment is possibly offensive to the British. After all, they were brought up to believe the "u" is correct, now you are saying their beliefs should be stamped out?!

I am afraid to tell you that you may have mad cow disease.

H

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The joke wouldn't work with any other breed.

Disagree. All the punchline has to do is show a dog was clever with words. Just like jokes with Polish, Catholics or Italians, or a rabbi, preacher, etc. People assign titles to make the subjects stand out, but a truly good joke will fly without stereotypes. You can usually change the subject identity, and it doesn't change the funny message.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Denise, the Preview Post button is YOU friend too LOL
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

That darn "r" - I can't tell you how many times I miss that letter. I have no idea why, but I consistently miss it when typing the word "your."

That particular error really bugs me, because I find it irritating when people substitute the wor[d] "you" for "your," or "you're." At school, a lot of the students have started saying, "you welcome," instead of "you're welcome," and there is even a clerk in the office that has started saying it.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... I am afraid to tell you that you may have mad cow disease.

H

BWAHAhahahahahaha!!!! This just made me laugh right out loud!