• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Inventory doing weird things

troy12n

Reaction score
Just checking in on this item to see if we're still seeing blocks of inventory unavailable. I'm happy to follow up with our contacts if we can give some specific examples of what we're seeing - just list them out in bullet points if possible and I'll submit what we're seeing to our Wyndham contacts.

Seeing no inventory at all from today until 11/27 at Bonnet Creek. All the other Wyndham resorts in Orlando are virtually wide open during this same timeslice. That's not typical and to me indicates an issue.

I have no desire to go there in the next 90 days, I just happened to look. Just seemed odd that not a single night was available at BC

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Just checking in on this item to see if we're still seeing blocks of inventory unavailable. I'm happy to follow up with our contacts if we can give some specific examples of what we're seeing - just list them out in bullet points if possible and I'll submit what we're seeing to our Wyndham contacts.

Kingsgate is still AWOL until Jan 16, 2022. Not a single day so that is highly suspect.

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m here now at BC as I am every year around this time. There is no difference in crowd levels. The resort is barely booked. I scored 4 front row lounge seats in the front row yesterday at 10 AM.

I’ll head over and speak to manager or CSR on-site later today. But, there is a block on the room bookings (unless you go through Extra Holidays). Wyndham needs to explain why? Why is Thanksgiving weekend open….but no dates for September or October. And, they disappeared in one night (I believe Sunday not this past one but the one just prior.

ive also seen plenty of rooms on EBay go un-rented b4 XYZ date….shouldn’t that inventory be returned to the owner’s pool? That doesn’t appear to be happening when prebooked weeks are canceled.

I think maybe if we all called Wyndham get tired of listening to the complaining….maybe obviously there tolerance level is pretty high.

Hawaii2022

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Hilton
The following are some of the resort with ZERO availability but are available to rent on Extra Holidays.

Wyndham Canterbury - zero availability till November 21st - most all nights available on Extra Holidays at discounted rate.
Wyndham Kingsgate - zero availability till January 16th - most all nights available on Extra Holidays at discounted rate.
Wyndham Bali Hai - zero availability from December 5th to January 6th - again available on Extra Holidays
Wyndham Bonnet Creek - zero availability till November 27th - many dates available on Extra Holidays
Wyndham Dolphins Cove - zero availability till December 7th
Wyndham Anaheim - zero availability till November 29th - some Extra Holidays
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian - zero availability till October 29th - most all nights available on Extra Holidays.
Wyndham La Bella Maison - zero availability till May 21, 2022 - could be hurricane related?

These are some that I have found.

I was always told that Wyndham is compensated (paid) to manage the inventory for all owners. Why is Wyndham not accountable to all us, Wyndham owners?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I’m here now at BC as I am every year around this time. There is no difference in crowd levels. The resort is barely booked. I scored 4 front row lounge seats in the front row yesterday at 10 AM.

I’ll head over and speak to manager or CSR on-site later today. But, there is a block on the room bookings (unless you go through Extra Holidays). Wyndham needs to explain why? Why is Thanksgiving weekend open….but no dates for September or October. And, they disappeared in one night (I believe Sunday not this past one but the one just prior.

ive also seen plenty of rooms on EBay go un-rented b4 XYZ date….shouldn’t that inventory be returned to the owner’s pool? That doesn’t appear to be happening when prebooked weeks are canceled.

I think maybe if we all called Wyndham get tired of listening to the complaining….maybe obviously there tolerance level is pretty high.

Interesting - if the change was the Sunday prior - that aligns with the long outage window overnight Saturday that occurred for back office changes. I will have to provide the feedback given here and make the ask as to why.

troy12n

Reaction score
Wyndham La Bella Maison - zero availability till May 21, 2022 - could be hurricane related?

FYI, La Belle Maison was closed for reservations starting some time in March 2021 through January 2022 for renovations anyway. They may have pushed back the re-open dates since the Hurricane. I know that for a while anyway, it opened up starting in January because I was able to book 10 days in March 2022. I made this reservation in July 2021.

But it was previously closed to bookings from ~March 2021 to January 2022.

Some of these other ones look really fishy.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I was able to book Bentley Brook the 2nd week of October. But I did not get an autoupgrade I was eligible for. Which is highly unusual for Bentley Brook. I have found the autoupgrades to work as expected there (we book a lot there).

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The following are some of the resort with ZERO availability but are available to rent on Extra Holidays.

Wyndham Canterbury - zero availability till November 21st - most all nights available on Extra Holidays at discounted rate.
Wyndham Kingsgate - zero availability till January 16th - most all nights available on Extra Holidays at discounted rate.
Wyndham Bali Hai - zero availability from December 5th to January 6th - again available on Extra Holidays
Wyndham Bonnet Creek - zero availability till November 27th - many dates available on Extra Holidays
Wyndham Dolphins Cove - zero availability till December 7th
Wyndham Anaheim - zero availability till November 29th - some Extra Holidays
Wyndham Kona Hawaiian - zero availability till October 29th - most all nights available on Extra Holidays.

These are some that I have found.

I was always told that Wyndham is compensated (paid) to manage the inventory for all owners. Why is Wyndham not accountable to all us, Wyndham owners?

For those dates within the 60 day window - of which many in the list above are within 60 days - Wyndham does have the right to take inventory out of the system starting at 60 days if the inventory has yet to be consumed. I don't have the verbiage right in front of me, but that ability starts at 60 days out, and expands once the 30 day threshold is crossed. So for Canterbury, BC, Anaheim, and Kona are all within the 60 day window. It doesn't explain the other resorts outside of the 60 day window though.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
While that could be the case, they're also advertising Owner Travel Deals for Canterbury, Kingsgate, Bali Hai and Kona Hawaiian on the website for owners. Seems more like there's something wrong systemwise.

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well the boy on the swing is mine. So, are the other two cute kids. I saw one guy grilling tonight in the entire resort? The explanation or lack there of is that we are booked up. I said you are not booked!! See my pics. And, the manager came out and said well I’ll forward your concerns to the proper channels. But we here at the resort do not control inventory.

Attachments

• 74604C03-5637-4913-AE73-89C2B1C3921A.jpeg
    74604C03-5637-4913-AE73-89C2B1C3921A.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 1A64B330-7990-4AD1-966C-DF2290766C03.jpeg
    1A64B330-7990-4AD1-966C-DF2290766C03.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 6CA17E24-68A6-412B-BC9C-4CD2C21500AC.jpeg
    6CA17E24-68A6-412B-BC9C-4CD2C21500AC.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 34

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kingsgate inventory is mysterious back today, after about a week long absence.

troy12n

Reaction score
I found another weird one: Westwinds in Myrtle Beach has nothing, zero, from now until April 1, 2022. Not one night.

Edit: one more: Fairfield Harbor in New Bern, show inventory, but not able to select any dates and then showing no inventory at all from Jan 1, 2022 onward

troy12n

Reaction score
A lot of resorts are also showing this: {0}-night minimum stay required.

1632958711774.png

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
And... just like that.... plenty of availability at Bonnet Creek for October and much of November. Some reservations with discounts.

* It's still the 50th anniversary of Disney
* We still have people wanting to get out and travel after being cooped up all these months
* We still have all these people with so many carried over points they don't know what to do with
* They are still renovating Tower 6 (still don't plan to open til the end of November)

Pick a day, any day....

1633181297153.png

1633181321680.png

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will Wyndham be returning the points I used to book another resort since I was unable to keep my room at BCR until yesterday afternoon?

Really, is there no accountability? Don’t we pay them to manage inventory? I have thousands of points expiring and they shut down booking capability with absolutely no recourse or even apology?

All this under the guise of we are making all these changes (unilaterally) to “help” owners use inventory that’s available.

Please let’s not drink the metaphorical kool-aid.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
And... just like that.... plenty of availability at Bonnet Creek for October and much of November. Some reservations with discounts.

* It's still the 50th anniversary of Disney
* We still have people wanting to get out and travel after being cooped up all these months
* We still have all these people with so many carried over points they don't know what to do with
* They are still renovating Tower 6 (still don't plan to open til the end of November)

Pick a day, any day....

View attachment 40552
View attachment 40553

From what I’ve gathered this all started after the back office extended weekend outage a couple weeks back now - and Wyndham has gradually been correcting issues since that planned change window. We should see the other resorts correct just like we saw here for BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeidingOut

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve gathered this all started after the back office extended weekend outage a couple weeks back now - and Wyndham has gradually been correcting issues since that planned change window. We should see the other resorts correct just like we saw here for BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have zero issues with a company having a software issue. Stating that issue and doing everything they can to rectify the error while making customers feel like you’ve treated their concerns with respect. The problem I do have is NONE of that was done.

If I go speak with the manager at BCR today I’m sure they’ll try to convince me that Tinkerbell sprinkled her magic dust and all of those rooms at Bonnet magically came available at the exact same instance, and I’m losing my mind to think otherwise.

troy12n

Reaction score
This also took them a couple weeks for them to fix, although they had to have known it was an issue immediately when reported. They went from "nothing wrong here" to "magically fixed". Some transparency would have been nice here.

I'm a little pi$$ed because my use year rolled over yesterday and because my bonus contracts expired, i'm back to Silver VIP, and had they fixed this 2 days ago, I could have booked a stay or two at resorts which had inventory but wasn't showing and I could have leveraged an additional 10% VIPG discount and not consumed an RT. Now that i'm back to silver, apparently even though I was gold until 9/30, I was consuming RT's the entire time (even though they were unlimited) and now i'm out until January. That's a little annoying too.

jazzfam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not getting any inventory for Kauai Coast Resort at Beachboy. When I checked a couple of weeks ago there was plenty of availability for the entire year. Now there isn't a single room past Jan 5. I called Wyndham and they only thing they have to say is that the inventory hasn't been released (but was a couple weeks ago??). I called the resort and they said that the inventory had been released. The CSR was less than helpful and said it must be due to COVID. Um--you can't blame everything on COVID!

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m seeing limited but not nonexistant inventory at KCR in
Jan/Feb right now. Then it looks like more available from
March onward. Maybe they put it back?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BC is back on my list of questionable inventory.

NOT a bookable reservation is available the entire month of December. I find that strange. Generally early December is pretty open and available. Now Christmas no, but the entire month, not normal.

Mary W

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Canterbury in San Francisco is now showing lots of availability starting today, October 27th.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BC is back on my list of questionable inventory.

NOT a bookable reservation is available the entire month of December. I find that strange. Generally early December is pretty open and available. Now Christmas no, but the entire month, not normal.

I only posted this on Sunday, but today a bunch of December inventory is back in at Bonnet Creek, clearly Wyndham is checking inventory at resorts and in the process is taking out large chunks of inventory. I notice them cycling through resorts I frequently check inventory on.

Last edited: