• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International calls

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
I have a request in for an upcoming trip next year. Within the last couple of weeks I get calls from Interval (identified from caller id) but when I answer there is no one on the line. My guess is they are trying to call me to talk about my request and increase to other times and resorts based on prior calls. Are they just robo calling and then talk with the first person who answers? Are you getting these same hang up calls? They are annoying.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never gotten a hang up call. However, the calls are still annoying. I put in my specific request. They call the next day and say gee, I see you wanted this, but I can give you that (worth 20% of what I want). I say no. The next day, same call, and so on. So, I eventually told them to please not call me again unless they have what I asked for, and they stopped calling. I was surprised actually.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a request in for an upcoming trip next year. Within the last couple of weeks I get calls from Interval (identified from caller id) but when I answer there is no one on the line. My guess is they are trying to call me to talk about my request and increase to other times and resorts based on prior calls. Are they just robo calling and then talk with the first person who answers? Are you getting these same hang up calls? They are annoying.
They do robocalls then when you answer it routes to an agent. It's a pain because their just fishing. In the past I've been able to get them to not do so but the last few years it's been more difficult. Often if we don't answer when the caller ID says II, we get a call back almost immediately that doesn't identify them but is II. On a couple of occasions they've offered me the exact item I had listed on an exchange but usually it's junk or nothing and their just fishing for deposits or to get you to accept an exchange. Apparently II both expects the reps to do this and rewards them if they get you to bite on deposits or to accept an exchange. But they'll also call if it's a non weekend exchange like Thursday or Monday.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I have NoMoRobo installed on my phone line, so any robo-dialed calls get intercepted. The phone rings once, then nothing. This used to happen when I saw on the caller ID it was Interval. It hasn't done that in a while so maybe Interval realized they have to dial me direct to talk to me, because the last several times they've called, it rang more than once so I knew it wasn't robo-dialed.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never gotten a hang up call. However, the calls are still annoying. I put in my specific request. They call the next day and say gee, I see you wanted this, but I can give you that (worth 20% of what I want). I say no. The next day, same call, and so on. So, I eventually told them to please not call me again unless they have what I asked for, and they stopped calling. I was surprised actually.
Get the same kind of calls except they still keep calling when I told them not to call me unless they have what I asked for. The agents usually say I will put in a note. They also said the phone numbers are auto-dialed and they only get connected when someone picks up and they get to look at whose account it is, hence the failure...

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
W
Get the same kind of calls except they still keep calling when I told them not to call me unless they have what I asked for. The agents usually say I will put in a note. They also said the phone numbers are auto-dialed and they only get connected when someone picks up and they get to look at whose account it is, hence the failure...

Wow, sorry to hear that. I was pretty "honest", i.e. forceful direct. Maybe that helped, maybe not. I told them exactly what I thought about the daily calls.

I have NoMoRobo installed on my phone line, so any robo-dialed calls get intercepted. The phone rings once, then nothing. This used to happen when I saw on the caller ID it was Interval. It hasn't done that in a while so maybe Interval realized they have to dial me direct to talk to me, because the last several times they've called, it rang more than once so I knew it wasn't robo-dialed.

But you would miss the call from II that says we found a match, accept or decline. And what if you really wanted a decline?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
But you would miss the call from II that says we found a match, accept or decline. And what if you really wanted a decline?

Wouldn't a match just automatically match? They send you an email and you have 24 hours to cancel if you don't want it. I thought that's what an OGS was...

I only put in my cell phone number to my II account and I do not give them permission to call it. That stopped all these silly calls of "we have a match but it's not what you requested...." If I didn't already get lots of robocalls each day I wouldn't be as annoyed.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a match just automatically match? They send you an email and you have 24 hours to cancel if you don't want it. I thought that's what an OGS was...

I only put in my cell phone number to my II account and I do not give them permission to call it. That stopped all these silly calls of "we have a match but it's not what you requested...." If I didn't already get lots of robocalls each day I wouldn't be as annoyed.

Nope, many instances and cases where it doesn't match if someone snatches it up manually first. It may have to do with cancels or other such scenarios. It has been postulated that the matches happen once per day, maybe a "batch" process at night. I've gotten manual exchanges where someone else had an OGS in for the same place and the same week.

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope, many instances and cases where it doesn't match if someone snatches it up manually first. It may have to do with cancels or other such scenarios. It has been postulated that the matches happen once per day, maybe a "batch" process at night. I've gotten manual exchanges where someone else had an OGS in for the same place and the same week.
But do they call in those situations? I think that the calls are for stuff not in the OGS. I am a believer of put in the OGS but search manually every day.

In my time as an II member I never once got a call for the resort I wanted. It was always an offer of something I could get with an AC. I put in for MML(Marriott Timber Lodge) ski week and they would offer me David Wallys resort or something like that. The offer was laughable in every call. It was a waste of their time and mine.

I use an OGS for prime ski weeks every year and check manually just about every day. For the most part I have been very successful. This year I'm doing that for Park City for late February/early March 2021. My OGS has been in for over a year using Hyatt points. I have yet to match. I'm ready to use hotel points if it doesn't match. But I am patient. The thing that's messing me up this year is I have a couple eplus trades I have to use. Those are why I have to search manually....

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
W

Wow, sorry to hear that. I was pretty "honest", i.e. forceful direct. Maybe that helped, maybe not. I told them exactly what I thought about the daily calls.

It used to be possible to get them to only call for specifics but the last few years it hasn't been so. Until a few years ago I was able to get them to only call for specific items and not make what amounts to cold calls but now it's either all or nothing, either no calls or get the junk. And yes, you'd miss the call for something you might want including a none F, S, S check in as well as once you get close to the dates listed.. I've had 2 times when they called and offered me exactly what I was searching for which was aggravating but I was still glad to get it.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I succeed last year, they stopped calling me for the cold calls. I don't know if I would have gotten the correct call that said they found something, as I arranged the same place manually before the OGS hit.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista

I don't miss anything. Only once have I gotten a phone call telling me I got a match and asking if I wanted to accept, and that was almost 10 yrs ago.

Lately they were calling me once a month to tell me they haven't gotten a match yet. Those calls always seemed to get through, so I assumed they figured out that they couldn't robo-dial me and started calling me direct. (?) I finally asked them to stop calling to tell me I hadn't gotten a match - if I haven't received an email informing me of a successful exchange, I'm smart enough to know a match hasn't come through yet. And once I get that email, I have 24 hours to decline it if I want, which I've done on occasion.

I don't need, nor do I want, those annoying phone calls.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Today I got two calls. The first one after one ring I answered and no one there..now I am thinking NoMoRobo is stopping the calls. I forgot about that which I installed about a year ago and is great. However, I got a second call a couple hours later. This time after one ring there was a rep on the line however I had to yell hello several times before they responded. So they have multiple calls going. I did speak with the rep. They told me they have my request and when it matches I will get an email notification. Then she asked if I had any other weeks I wanted to deposit. And I said no for now....I hoping to trade into MOC next February. But who knows even if I get the trade whether we will go....

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't miss anything. Only once have I gotten a phone call telling me I got a match and asking if I wanted to accept, and that was almost 10 yrs ago.

Lately they were calling me once a month to tell me they haven't gotten a match yet. Those calls always seemed to get through, so I assumed they figured out that they couldn't robo-dial me and started calling me direct. (?) I finally asked them to stop calling to tell me I hadn't gotten a match - if I haven't received an email informing me of a successful exchange, I'm smart enough to know a match hasn't come through yet. And once I get that email, I have 24 hours to decline it if I want, which I've done on occasion.

I don't need, nor do I want, those annoying phone calls.
I find it crazy when Interval keep sending letters just to say they haven’t got a match yet.
I dread to think how much that must cost in printing, postal... charges if they are doing this for everyone.
i am sure they could reduce their fees substantially if they cut out such unnecessary practices.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I find it crazy when Interval keep sending letters just to say they haven’t got a match yet.
I dread to think how much that must cost in printing, postal... charges if they are doing this for everyone.
i am sure they could reduce their fees substantially if they cut out such unnecessary practices.
They could easily do the same thing by email and like do it better. I kind of see sending the mailers soliciting deposits but even then they could likely do about as well and cheaper with just emails.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista

I don't get snail mail from them... only emails, so no printing or postage charges.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't get snail mail from them... only emails, so no printing or postage charges.
I receive most Interval comms via email, just not these pointless ones telling me they haven’t got a match yet.
Perhaps I will give them a call to ask if they can stop sending them.

dr.debs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recent II experience: I get these calls all the time. AND I have had three exchange requests fail in the last 6 months. One SDO 1bdrm resale for a Palm Springs 1 berm request and now Neither my SDO 1 berm nor my MCV 1drm will pull availability in France for next winter. Is it harder to exchnge? Is Vistana worthless for exchange now?

dr.debs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also I have found the certificates for a “free week” which arn’t free increasingly useless.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week 52 request in for the Marriott Pulse in NYC. I know it is a long shot, but felt that I wouldn’t have much competition for a week that has no Legacy Owners. Time will tell. It has been in for close to a year already.

dr.debs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week 52 request in for the Marriott Pulse in NYC. I know it is a long shot, but felt that I wouldn’t have much competition for a week that has no Legacy Owners. Time will tell. It has been in for close to a year already.
Let us know if it works!

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an exchange for a ski week at Summit Watch next February. Used an off season 1 bedroom and got a 2 bedroom. Since my week is enrolled I only had to pay the $99 upgrade fee. This is the first time I have gotten a winter ski week 2 bedroom far in advance. Hopefully there will be skiing next winter.

Question: What is the cancellation policy for canceling a Marriot to Marriot exchange using an enrolled week?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an exchange for a ski week at Summit Watch next February. Used an off season 1 bedroom and got a 2 bedroom. Since my week is enrolled I only had to pay the $99 upgrade fee. This is the first time I have gotten a winter ski week 2 bedroom far in advance. Hopefully there will be skiing next winter.

Question: What is the cancellation policy for canceling a Marriot to Marriot exchange using an enrolled week?

When you use an enrolled week to exchange, you ideally want to cancel > 60days before checkin. When you do so, you don't really cancel it with II, you retrade it to another MVCI, and it costs $0. It's good until your original deposit expires. You can retrade all you want. So, first retrade just retrade it as far into the future as it allows, and any MVCI. This holds it for you. Then, when ready, retrade it to where you believe you'll be able to go. Enrolled weeks are great for this. If it turns out you can't go to that one either, repeat!

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
When you use an enrolled week to exchange, you ideally want to cancel > 60days before checkin. When you do so, you don't really cancel it with II, you retrade it to another MVCI, and it costs $0. It's good until your original deposit expires. You can retrade all you want. So, first retrade just retrade it as far into the future as it allows, and any MVCI. This holds it for you. Then, when ready, retrade it to where you believe you'll be able to go. Enrolled weeks are great for this. If it turns out you can't go to that one either, repeat!

Let me understand this: I have an enrolled week, whose initial reservation started Feb. 14, 2018, and I traded it via II for a week in Oct. 2020. If I decide to re-trade that week, I can only accept a trade or re-trades for a week up to Feb. 14, 2021? Or are you saying I can re-trade it initially as far out as possible (up to Feb. 14, 2021), and then I can re-trade it again with no restrictions on the date?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me understand this: I have an enrolled week, whose initial reservation started Feb. 14, 2018, and I traded it via II for a week in Oct. 2020. If I decide to re-trade that week, I can only accept a trade or re-trades for a week up to Feb. 14, 2021? Or are you saying I can re-trade it initially as far out as possible (up to Feb. 14, 2021), and then I can re-trade it again with no restrictions on the date?
Your week is good for 2 years in II.
You will see an expiration date next to it in my units.
That date is true- you must use your week by then or it expires.

The neat thing about an enrolled Marriott week is there is $0 exchange fee to exchange to another Marriott.
When you retrade on II more than 24 hrs after confirmation without eplus you lose your exchange fee and have to pay a new one (this is standard).
With an enrolled week exchanging to another Marriott with the $0 fee you don’t care that you lose the $0 and repay the $0.
So you can just keep retrading to Marriotts losing 0 and paying 0 as many times as you want.
Note that this is a retrade- all manual exchanging.

Steve was saying if you can’t keep your original exchange but are not sure where you want to go or can’t find availability make a retrade more than 60 days be before your current check in date and select a new Marriott all the way out to your expiration date to keep your self out of flexchange and then keep looking to retrade to where you would like to go. You are not required to do this- if you are super organized and feel OK that you will always retrade more than 60 days ahead- but I do it as Steve mentions just to be safe.

You can extend a week on II by paying the fee to extend- I believe it’s $99 for 6 months- but the extended week is in flexchange limited to manual exchange and booking 60 days ahead of check in.
You can also buy eplus to extend your expiration by a year if you are not in flexchange for $59. That will still be manual exchange, but not in flexchange unless you are already there.

Last edited: