• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval assignment question

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I find Interval International's website and system to be so confusing. I've been a Vistana owner for coming up on 20 years and I still gnash my teeth any time I have to use Interval.

That being said... last year I didn't have a good use for my Westin Flex ownership, and I decided to deposit it with Interval, which I did. I have the confirmation from Vistana of the assignment.

But when I go to Interval's site, potentially to search for exchange possibilities, there is no indication that I have made any deposit or assignment. If I try to search for an exchange, it wants me to choose which of my VOIs I want to exchange.... and the only options it gives me are 2022 or 2023 VOIs. But I want to use the 2021 VOI I gave to them!

How is this supposed to work and how do I search for what I want and not risk them taking 2022 or 2023 usages or one of my deeded weeks?

I am really not an idiot, but Interval's web site always leaves me feeling like one.

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVN (retro/resale upgrades): Lakeside Terrace, Harborside, Sheraton Flex; Disney Vacation Club (resale and direct): Bay Lake Towers, Riviera
From my experience it seems they don’t match the points to a year. Any points you assign from any flex use year can be used and you can choose any flex year you see in interval , it doesn’t seem to really matter.

Interval doesn’t actually get the points or even know that you assigned them until after you confirm the exchange, then they go check with Vistana before sending you the confirmation PDF. You also don’t have to assign the points until after you find the exchange you went, but I’ve done same as you, assigned them in advance to avoid losing them.

At least that’s my understanding based on the interval exchanges I’ve done with my Sheraton Flex.

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVN (retro/resale upgrades): Lakeside Terrace, Harborside, Sheraton Flex; Disney Vacation Club (resale and direct): Bay Lake Towers, Riviera
You said you see 2022 and 2023 in interval for your Flex? I see just 2022 when I do an exchange search and select my voi. But anyway like I said , the points I assigned from 2021, or even points i may still have that were assigned in 2020 are still “good” if I do an exchange now. There’s really no way to see the points you have assigned .. a Vistana rep just told me once you have to track it yourself. Also you can combine points previously assigned with new assignments - say i had previously assigned 30k points and find an exchange for 44k, they would just take the edge 14k from my current year points when interval goes to confirm with Vistana.

Last edited:

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You said you see 2022 and 2023 in interval for your Flex? I see just 2022 when I do an exchange search and select my voi. But anyway like I said , the points I assigned from 2021, or even points i may still have that were assigned in 2020 are still “good” if I do an exchange now. There’s really no way to see the points you have assigned .. a Vistana rep just told me once you have to track it yourself. Also you can combine points previously assigned with new assignments - say i had previously assigned 30k points and find an exchange for 44k, they would just take the edge 14k from my current year points when interval goes to confirm with Vistana.
Sorry for confusion, I see 2022 and 2023 for my deeded week ownerships. I only see 2022 for my Flex.

So I should just use “vacation exchange” and then select my Flex ownership, and they would automatically pull from the older options I assigned, if I understand correctly. So far nothing I have searched for has come up with any results so I guess I’ll have to keep trying.

Thanjs for the help!

SteveS1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry for confusion, I see 2022 and 2023 for my deeded week ownerships. I only see 2022 for my Flex.

So I should just use “vacation exchange” and then select my Flex ownership, and they would automatically pull from the older options I assigned, if I understand correctly. So far nothing I have searched for has come up with any results so I guess I’ll have to keep trying.

Thanjs for the help!

Yes correct , and you can use ongoing search against the flex. You pay before the search and can change it anytime and if nothing comes up you want you can have them cancel and get a full refund. Or if your exchange is for a Vistana or Marriott property you get a partial refund.

I’ve gotten some great exchanges through ongoing searches against my flex. Manhattan Club at 44k flex options .. Also saw in the Sightings forum Disney Vacation Club is available and verified I can get it with my flex.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was hoping to trade into Marriott Waikaloa Ocean Club (Big Island) during a very slow week after Thanksgiving, but it doesn't look like Interval has any availability for that property for any date, any time. Only once in 20 years has Interval come through for me.... I guess maybe I'll try an ongoing search.