• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Imperial Waikiki

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
We were actually going to see him at the Blue Note but it was canceled with COVID. I have seen some music being preformed in that grassy area but never saw the Farmer Market. I was just probably not there on those days.

I was thinking of going to Roy’s since it is right across the street but I see they are closed. Today, we just grabbed lunch at the deli in the ABC store.

That farmer's market started around 4 PM till 8 PM. With the virus around I don't think they are having it. On Friday night we have seen a few of the litle 1 hour concerts that he does from his home. l

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
That farmer's market started around 4 PM till 8 PM. With the virus around I don't think they are having it. On Friday night we have seen a few of the litle 1 hour concerts that he does from his home. l

Farmers Markets have still been going on. There is one at the Longs on Kalākaua but now with the stay at home order starting Thursday, I’m sure they will all be shut down for at least two weeks.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Farmers Markets have still been going on. There is one at the Longs on Kalākaua but now with the stay at home order starting Thursday, I’m sure they will all be shut down for at least two weeks.

We have been to that one also. Perhaps with the pandemic some have closed or joined up with others since some vendors have dropped out due to low sales. Without many tourists everything in Waikiki has a great deal less customer traffic.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We went to the YardHouse tonight after work. It’s right below the Ruth’s Chris so a nice close walk. Since tonight is the last night before the Stay at Home Order, it was really busy. With the order done in is stopped for at least two weeks. They told us it would be an hour and it took 45 minutes to get a seat. We sat indoors since it was the first available. It was another beautiful night but we didn’t want to wait longer.

My wife had the Fried Chicken Sandwich and I had the CrabCake Sandwich. Both were delicious. We both only had half and brought the rest home. My wife got a Bread Pudding to go also.

56B042DE-22EE-49DE-994C-BE87D7DA7757.jpeg
0EC989BE-E5D0-4F87-84B0-1EA69454A542.jpeg
F61D34FF-9D7B-4E25-8594-E9E107AC5929.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We went to the YardHouse tonight after work. It’s right below the Ruth’s Chris so a nice close walk. Since tonight is the last night before the Stay at Home Order, it was really busy. With the order done in is stopped for at least two weeks. They told us it would be an hour and it took 45 minutes to get a seat. We sat indoors since it was the first available. It was another beautiful night but we didn’t want to wait longer.

My wife had the Fried Chicken Sandwich and I had the CrabCake Sandwich. Both were delicious. We both only had half and brought the rest home. My wife got a Bread Pudding to go also.

View attachment 25501View attachment 25502View attachment 25503
We have been to Yard House many times. They have some excellent strong 8-10% Belgium Ales and Chocolate Stouts which we love. We like to get there at the begining of Happy Hour which is 2:30-5:30 and get one of the few seats outside which is usually great for people watching. We start with a couple of brews which are a couple of dollars off, then some more brews with 1/2 price appetizers, then move on to either some more appetizers or some thing off the dinner menu. Nice place and nice location.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very nice!!! Love the views. Thank you for sharing - great pictures. Not only do you have a different location, but you have some great/different views to look at! :)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks @slip for sharing. I am traveling virtually through you. Especially enjoying the view photos since I am in smoky Calif.

We have stayed many times at HHV and I run by the Imperial and the restaurants close-by. Nice to see an alternative view of the city. Now I know which ABC store is the best!

I am amazed by the street photo outside Ruth Chris'. Honolulu appears deserted! Can't wait to get back to Hawaii and normalcy.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks @slip for sharing. I am traveling virtually through you. Especially enjoying the view photos since I am in smoky Calif.

We have stayed many times at HHV and I run by the Imperial and the restaurants close-by. Nice to see an alternative view of the city. Now I know which ABC store is the best!

I am amazed by the street photo outside Ruth Chris'. Honolulu appears deserted! Can't wait to get back to Hawaii and normalcy.

Mahalo
Yes, hopefully you are safe from the fires.

This ended out to be just as I had hoped. Nice different view, close to some different places for us and it was really cheap to do. I have a could more bonus weeks, I’ll be looking while all this is going on. There are a few different places for us to check out.

Yes, Waikiki is deserted and it was even worse going into work today since the stay at home order started at midnight. Traffic was extremely light and not many people walking. Hopefully, inter-island travel will be lifted by Thanksgiving and I can get back to Molokai. Otherwise, I’ll try to use the bonus weeks for at least one of the two weeks I have left for vacation.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Very nice!!! Love the views. Thank you for sharing - great pictures. Not only do you have a different location, but you have some great/different views to look at! :)

Yes, we really enjoyed that and being able to sit on the lanai. It was real convenient for my wife. She even got out during the day.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have been to Yard House many times. They have some excellent strong 8-10% Belgium Ales and Chocolate Stouts which we love. We like to get there at the begining of Happy Hour which is 2:30-5:30 and get one of the few seats outside which is usually great for people watching. We start with a couple of brews which are a couple of dollars off, then some more brews with 1/2 price appetizers, then move on to either some more appetizers or some thing off the dinner menu. Nice place and nice location.

The Happy hour and the Stay at Home Order starting was why it was so busy. Plus that they aren’t at full compacity either. I usually get home from work at about 5pm so we weren’t going to make Happy Hour. :D

They have a good variety and the food is good. I’m not much into the craft beers but I like their lite and medium Lagers.

I think they had 5 tables outside and I think that is normal. All the other benches around where full, plus some people sitting in the grass. The wait was so long many people left but many of the other restaurants in that area were closed. Not even open for takeout.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I totally concur with you thoughts here. Only our thinking would state the last line, "Can't wait for Hawaii to get back to normalcy so we can go back."

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Happy hour and the Stay at Home Order starting was why it was so busy. Plus that they aren’t at full compacity either. I usually get home from work at about 5pm so we weren’t going to make Happy Hour. :D

They have a good variety and the food is good. I’m not much into the craft beers but I like their lite and medium Lagers.

I think they had 5 tables outside and I think that is normal. All the other benches around where full, plus some people sitting in the grass. The wait was so long many people left but many of the other restaurants in that area were closed. Not even open for takeout.

I know your beer drinking taste. However, what I don't know is do your like chocolate and your coffee sweet. Some of the beers we love the best are some Chocolate, Coffee, or Coconut Stouts or Porters. The Imperial ones are even better than the regular ones. They go down so easy you don't think you are even drinking beer.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
We went to the YardHouse tonight after work.

My wife had the Fried Chicken Sandwich and I had the CrabCake Sandwich. Both were delicious.

I just had the crab cake sandwich with fruit and Diet Coke at Yard House, here in Chicagoland. But I would have preferred eating it in Hawaii! I normally go there for the turkey burger, but it's gone from the menu.

Thanks again for taking us along for the ride when we can't get there.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just had the crab cake sandwich with fruit and Diet Coke at Yard House, here in Chicagoland. But I would have preferred eating it in Hawaii! I normally go there for the turkey burger, but it's gone from the menu.

Thanks again for taking us along for the ride when we can't get there.

Glad you enjoyed it.

That was the first time I had the CrabCake Sandwich. I was going to order the Fried Chicken Sandwich like my wife but that was huge. :D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know your beer drinking taste. However, what I don't know is do your like chocolate and your coffee sweet. Some of the beers we love the best are some Chocolate, Coffee, or Coconut Stouts or Porters. The Imperial ones are even better than the regular ones. They go down so easy you don't think you are even drinking beer.

Both my wife and I like Dark Chocolate. I drink my coffee with cream and a little sugar. I only drink coffee at home while on vacation and I drink it at work about three times a week.

I was a big beer drinker in my youth. More for quantity not quality.:D When I drink now it is only one or two and I’m done.

Tonight we are just going to finish up some leftovers and then we have to decide what we want to do for takeout on Friday.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Both my wife and I like Dark Chocolate. I drink my coffee with cream and a little sugar. I only drink coffee at home while on vacation and I drink it at work about three times a week.

I was a big beer drinker in my youth. More for quantity not quality.:D When I drink now it is only one or two and I’m done.

Tonight we are just going to finish up some leftovers and then we have to decide what we want to do for takeout on Friday.

Slip,
Well there are some really good Dark Chocolate Stouts and Porter that I have had which would make you and your wife's head spin it is like drinking a Dark Chocolate Drink. We don't drink more than one or two either once a while 3 over 3 or 4 hours with plenty of food. When the Beers are between 8-10% alcohol they pack a punch. I was a Rhingold and Schaefer beer drinker back in the 60's,70's and 80's. These were NY beers and you probably had different ones in Wisconsin) My son-in-law was a specialty beer drinker, even before there were craft beers when no one else was in the 90's. Him and his friends would go on a special beer tasting weekend where they each would buy and bring a beer they thought was good like Harp or Bass which now are common beers and they would vote on the best. When my Daughter started dating him he got me into a better grade of beer and I looked for craft beers when they started to be developed. There are craft beers that are lighter with a yellow or gold taste. But as the saying goes "once you go black, you never go back"

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Awesome takeout sale at Aloha Steakhouse so we couldn’t pass it up.

C006DCD0-40E8-4869-B9D7-CBC26F792014.jpeg

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
@slip I've enjoyed reading about your restaurant eating exploits as we will likely stay in same vicinity very soon. Thx!

I've been looking in II, but the Imperial only comes up as a getaway, or are at the wrong dates for us. Will keep it in mind for future Honolulu visits.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@slip I've enjoyed reading about your restaurant eating exploits as we will likely stay in same vicinity very soon. Thx!

I've been looking in II, but the Imperial only comes up as a getaway, or are at the wrong dates for us. Will keep it in mind for future Honolulu visits.

If you have any questions about what’s open before you come, just shoot me a message.

Aloha Steakhouse is two blocks from the Imperial and I noticed the PF Chang’s was closed when I walked by. I know some of these places won’t reopen. So thinks will be changing.

I was very happy to see Aloha Steakhouse was very busy when I picked up my order. They even ran out of the Tomahawk Ribeye. So they seem to be doing ok through this.

I really expect this two week stay at home order to be extended two more weeks but we’ll see.

We have one more day to enjoy here and we will spend some time on the lanai in the owners lounge tomorrow.

This was nice for me since I used to own here but never made it here during the years I owned. The units are small but it is Waikiki and my wife and I are used to it now. We feel our 750 so/ft condo on Molokai is huge now when we go there.:D

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

If it helps, the Imperial rents directly, too. Great if you only need a night or two. Just check their website. www.imperialofwaikiki.com

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Had a nice takeout breakfast from Denny’s this morning. They were very busy. People waiting outside and cars pulling up for orders.

Now we’re enjoying a beautiful morning on the lanai. We’ll go up to the owners lounge in a bit.

C30831AC-FCBC-4832-91BF-9592549A0A0F.jpeg
078CC440-1F63-404D-9763-D3F2B0F92563.jpeg

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
If it helps, the Imperial rents directly, too. Great if you only need a night or two. Just check their website. www.imperialofwaikiki.com

Dave
Thx, however I just made a HGVC reservation for the Hokulani farther inland on Lewers. Good way to use up my outstanding points.

The Hokulani requires their guests to be Hawaii residents or have completed the 14 day quarantine. I'm glad I called them, and had them verify that a boarding pass is acceptable proof of having passed quarantine. Otherwise we have nothing else as proof. Like others, we never got anything, even an email from the state, letting us know we had officially finished quarantine. They were not staffed or maybe as organized.

Now as of Sept 1, a new Safe Travels app will go in to effect. I don't know details, but heard visitors will get a QR code.

Would be nice if they got some kind of official confirmation after the 14 days.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thx, however I just made a HGVC reservation for the Hokulani farther inland on Lewers. Good way to use up my outstanding points.

The Hokulani requires their guests to be Hawaii residents or have completed the 14 day quarantine. I'm glad I called them, and had them verify that a boarding pass is acceptable proof of having passed quarantine. Otherwise we have nothing else as proof. Like others, we never got anything, even an email from the state, letting us know we had officially finished quarantine. They were not staffed or maybe as organized.

Now as of Sept 1, a new Safe Travels app will go in to effect. I don't know details, but heard visitors will get a QR code.

Would be nice if they got some kind of official confirmation after the 14 days.

The Hokulani is also in a great location and will be nice for getting around the area. Aloha Steakhouse is right across Kalākaua on Lewers.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have the owners lounge all to ourselves. Feels great to get some sun.
9A20C293-AB9B-40B5-81CB-354DEB150E6F.jpeg
D44D0964-9B11-4DE1-9993-9C2E7C71BE01.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s another video from the Owners Lounge.