• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II: Updated XYZ (2-for-1 deposit special promotion) Info

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been talking to several II reps during the last 2 weeks about XYZ promotion (2-for-1 deposit specials).
Many of you already know about it, if you have an II exchange, you can make another exchange by paying ONLY the exchange fee ($159 for domestic) BEFORE your original exchange trip is done.
I used this for every single exchange I made with II, and could get 3 weeks for $159/each (all for the Marriott resorts). I still have two more weeks (exchanged weeks) I am planning to use for XYZ after 1/1/2011 due to check-in date limit.

Here are the info I collected from those II reps :

1) current XYZ week has to be checked-in by 5/31/2011. There are exceptions. Palm Spring/Palm Desert area is up to the end of January. Vegas area is up to the end of Feb. 2011. Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head Island area are up to the end of March 2011. Higher-end Hawaiian weeks are not available.

2) On 1/1/2011, the check-in date will be extended to the end of August 2011.

3) No easter week, no x-mas week or new year's day week - there is a chance that a rep. doesn't realize it and makes XYZ reservation for you for those weeks, then higher officer will cancel the week during the verification step.

4) No Hyatt property is allowed as XYZ. No Four Seasons Property is allowed as XYZ.

I have to tell you that some reps said several Marriotts were not allowed, but when I talked to the higher rep, they allowed me to take them as XYZ.
I have those rep's direct phone number and extention, if you want any number, please send me PM and let me know which number you need.
rep #1 - who can take care of Marriott owners and knows XYZ very well.
rep #2 - who can take care of WorldMark owners (exec. rep), did XYZ with no question
rep #3 - who can take care of all systems which include Marriott, Starwood, WorldMark, etc...

Hope you guys can get great chance with II's XYZ, I got 3 Marriott weeks (2 weeks are right before Easter Monday which is a spring break week for MD kids and one week is a memorial day week, which is a last week of May and first week of June at marriott fairways villas) and even one of them is from the Worldmark flexchange (4000 credits).
Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was able to do it for 2 units at Ko'Olina Easter week. That was a couple months ago so many the rules have changed?

Deb

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks for the update!

To clarify for those who are new to this promo -

With the XYZ promo you are essentially getting 2 trades out of one deposit.

To use the XYZ promotion you must have a future exchange reserved. (Not just a deposit.)

The XYZ promo can only be placed over the phone

For the most part, the inventory is off-season in areas with lots of timeshares.

The inventory is not listed anywhere - you have to call and ask.

You don't trade another week for the XYZ promotion - you just pay another exchange fee.

Last edited:

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
To clarify about inventory :
You don't have to call and ask about availability of your favorite area.
Just go to II's website and find availabilities online, but those weeks should meet above conditions - up to the end of Jan. in palm springs area, until feb. in vegas, until March in SC.
No easter weekend.
If they meet those conditions, you can take "anything" from those online inventories. II don't have separate inventory for XYZ. Any week meets that condition, is available for XYZ.
I searched available weeks through II online first, wrote them down on paper, called the rep(s), got the weeks.
As long as you can see them online, as long as they meet check-in date limit, you can take them as XYZ

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just go to II's website and find availabilities online, but those weeks should meet above conditions - up to the end of Jan. in palm springs area, until feb. in vegas, until March in SC.

How do you know what areas are eligible for the XYZ promo, if you don't call? When I've called, lots of areas were excluded.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I was able to do it for 2 units at Ko'Olina Easter week. That was a couple months ago so many the rules have changed?

Deb

There are two XYZ promotions - did you use the one where you had deposited a two bedroom and got a studio and one bedroom back?

There aren't same restrictions on that promotion.

Or you got lucky.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
They said any area is eligible for XYZ, except high-end resorts in Hawaii. Also no Hyatt, no Four Seasons.
Other than that, anything is eligible from online inventory - at least that's what I heard yesterday.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it changes all the time. When I called this summer, the only thing available on the West Coast was Palm Springs and Las Vegas. I think it fluctuates with the season and demand.

Liliana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks,

I was told that Fairway Villas was not part of the program (could be at the time they were excluded even though there was lots of inventory). So when I tried to get an XYZ for this last booking I had - NJ didn't come up on the list of possible places, else I would have grabbed it. I have 2 contacts now and they are both familiar with the program but do have a slight different interpretation on the rules. I traded a 1 bedrrom and the first rep mentioned I could only get a 1 bedroom in return (even if the resort had only 2 bedroom units) but the second rep said if the resort was only a 2 bedroom I could get that unit even with the 1 bedroom (as long as the resort was had only 2 bedrooms in the resort).

Unfortunately I have already checked in and am no longer eligible for the XYZ promotion. For the future how do you see availablity in the resorts if you used up your last trade (check-in in the future) and have nothing to look with?

Thanks, Silvia

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Few more things.

For Palm Desert, I was told I can only get studios through January. No more one bedroom or two bedroom units.

Also, I have been desperately trying to get a two bedroom but I only have exchanges where I gave up a one bedroom, and I have been repeatedly told that I can only get up to the unit size I gave up, and no larger.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I sent you a PM. Thank you! :)

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Few more things.

For Palm Desert, I was told I can only get studios through January. No more one bedroom or two bedroom units.

Also, I have been desperately trying to get a two bedroom but I only have exchanges where I gave up a one bedroom, and I have been repeatedly told that I can only get up to the unit size I gave up, and no larger.

For the studio part of my marriott shadow ridge, I exchanged into marriott Cypress Harbour 2BR, week 51, 2011 by ongoing search. I called marriott rep the same day to use XYZ with that exchange, and got memorial day weekend marriott fairway villas 2BR as XYZ.
I had to call that exec. rep. after I had talked to 2 other reps, one was keep insisting that I could get only studio as XYZ because I exchanged shadow ridge studio, and the other rep said marriott fairway villa was excluded from XYZ promotion. I asked higher reps (those reps on my original post) and they finished everything within a minute.

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it changes all the time. When I called this summer, the only thing available on the West Coast was Palm Springs and Las Vegas. I think it fluctuates with the season and demand.

Yes, they said the rules are getting more complicated (set up different check-in date limit by the zone) and changed often. Also, it is depending which rep you are talking to. Some of them had no idea what was XYZ at all, some knew XYZ but gave me so many restrictions.
Seems like it is all about demand/supply game.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am getting tired of playing the phone game, seriously..

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi thanks,

I was told that Fairway Villas was not part of the program (could be at the time they were excluded even though there was lots of inventory). So when I tried to get an XYZ for this last booking I had - NJ didn't come up on the list of possible places, else I would have grabbed it. I have 2 contacts now and they are both familiar with the program but do have a slight different interpretation on the rules. I traded a 1 bedrrom and the first rep mentioned I could only get a 1 bedroom in return (even if the resort had only 2 bedroom units) but the second rep said if the resort was only a 2 bedroom I could get that unit even with the 1 bedroom (as long as the resort was had only 2 bedrooms in the resort).

Hi Silvia, two reps told me the exact same thing you've heard. I had to ask them to transfer me to higher rep (complained strongly) and finally could reach those reps. Those executive reps know the most current rules and explained about them (my original post). One of them also mentioned that the check-in date limit would be extended to the end of August 2011 on 1/1/2011 and II will revise remaining inventories and customers' ongoing searches, and make a new rules accordingly.
I search online inventory by using my worldmark and starwood and four seasons. All three of them show slight different availabilities due to filtering and trading power, but exec. reps could see "everything" I found from those 3 different systems.

willowglener

TUG Member
Reaction score
The reps I called (two separate times) said cancun is off limit until May or after. I'm sure they exclude all the peak seasons for the specific locations.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I'm surprised that II doesn't publicize this offer more widely. :confused:

If I had known about this sooner I would never have given RCI my dual affiliated unit.

This appeals more to me than the points Lite and think it's II's edge in this exchange battle.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
PM sent. I have no luck when I talk to II guides. They only want to get me to extend my membership and I still have a year left on it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PM sent. I have no luck when I talk to II guides. They only want to get me to extend my membership and I still have a year left on it.

Many II guides do not know about this promo.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still available?

Does anyone know if II is still offering this?

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if II is still offering this?

I booked an exchange earlier this month into Marriott Barony Beach in Hilton Head for February 2011 and received an XYZ exchange into Marriott Grande Ocean for the following week. I had to pay 2 exchange fees but did not have to relinquish any more points.
Bernie

beach_bumz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called (the Worldmark owners line) and the rep was flabbergasted that I knew about this program. She said it is something that they don't advertise and that only reps are really aware of. When she quizzed me as to how I new of this program, I said "Oh some friends that have taken advantage of this filled me in...."

After putting me on hold for about 10 minutes, she came back and said she could give me two weeks but they have to coincide with my current exchanges, explaining that the rules dictate that this program is for people who require an additional room for the exchange.

Ugh...I asked her to please ask her superiors if I could please have a condo in June 2011 at Marriott's Desert Springs because there is sooooo much availability as it's hot as hades, and most likely, like last summer and summers previous, it will sit unused, and after being on hold again, she came back and booked me!

Thanks for the info on this program!

Last edited:

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
II rep

Does anyone have a number for a II rep that I should contact that would know about the program?
Thanks