• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II: Updated XYZ (2-for-1 deposit special promotion) Info

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the check-in date of the XYZ exchange have to be before the real exchange with which the XYZ opportunity originated, or just before some pre-defined II expiration date?

Example:
My friend just exchanged for a 2br during the last week of June. Does this date impact the possible weeks she could get on the XYZ offer?

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the check-in date of the XYZ exchange have to be before the real exchange with which the XYZ opportunity originated, or just before some pre-defined II expiration date?

Example:
My friend just exchanged for a 2br during the last week of June. Does this date impact the possible weeks she could get on the XYZ offer?

I think the second exchange has to be BOOKED before the check-in date of the first exchange.

The check-in date of the second exchange would be limited by how far in advance II has opened up availability - as of now it's June that has been reported here.

AFAIK. :)

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
It might be from deposit firsts as well though, we can deposit a 2bedroom and use that.

KT

I think it has to be a confirmed exchange, not just a deposit. If your deposit has been matched with an exchange, then yes. AFAIK. :)

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Apparently now through June.
I was told they received a new grid on the XYZ weeks on March 24. It now includes June, but doesn't go beyond that.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I just called and tried to get something and they told me that first of all my deposit does not qualify, it's a Ft. Laud Beach resort summer week that they gave me an AC for so I don't understand why it didn't qualify and secondly they told me that even if I did that I had to do the XYZ exchange at the same time of making my initial exchange which isn't check in til Sept. of this year.

I was on hold for something like 15 minutes and then transferred to another rep who seemed a little more knowledgeable and she's the one who told me that I could not do it and she went to speak to a supervisor as well. They wouldn't even book me a studio to go along with my 1 bedroom in Palm Springs in off season.

Whatever, I guess I'm done with II if this is how it is. :rolleyes:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just called and tried to get something and they told me that first of all my deposit does not qualify, it's a Ft. Laud Beach resort summer week that they gave me an AC for so I don't understand why it didn't qualify and secondly they told me that even if I did that I had to do the XYZ exchange at the same time of making my initial exchange which isn't check in til Sept. of this year.

I was on hold for something like 15 minutes and then transferred to another rep who seemed a little more knowledgeable and she's the one who told me that I could not do it and she went to speak to a supervisor as well. They wouldn't even book me a studio to go along with my 1 bedroom in Palm Springs in off season.

Whatever, I guess I'm done with II if this is how it is. :rolleyes:

The best thing to do is to hang up and call back. Once you get a rep that knows what they are talking about, get their direct line and hours they work. Then call when you can talk with them. It sounds like they were thinking of XYZ Type II not Type I that you were looking for.

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not understanding..

OK, so I traded MGV studio booked for 30 JUL to 6 AUG) for a 2BDR at Surf Club checking in on Apr 29 - Can I XYZ, or is it too late? who can I grovel to?

Thanks for the update!

To clarify for those who are new to this promo -

With the XYZ promo you are essentially getting 2 trades out of one deposit.

To use the XYZ promotion you must have a future exchange reserved. (Not just a deposit.)

The XYZ promo can only be placed over the phone

For the most part, the inventory is off-season in areas with lots of timeshares.

The inventory is not listed anywhere - you have to call and ask.

You don't trade another week for the XYZ promotion - you just pay another exchange fee.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
OK, so I traded MGV studio booked for 30 JUL to 6 AUG) for a 2BDR at Surf Club checking in on Apr 29 - Can I XYZ, or is it too late? who can I grovel to?

You can XYZ. Call II and ask for XYZ Type I availability. Once April 29th passes, you are out of luck.

slomac

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe x2

Grand Pacific Palisades

Marriott Shadow Ridge

SDO

Kauai Beach Villas
FYI, I booked a WXY echange to Palm Desert for August. Just thoght I would let everyone know since most people have said it goes through June. Not that anyone else would want to go to Palm Desert in August but for $159 it will still be a nice getaway. AlsoI had exhcnaged a 1 bedroom and I got a 2 bedroom XYZ. Good luck everyone.

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like for Like?

Does the XYZ week need to be same size as the unit relinquished? Can I only get a studio since that is what I exchanged?

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
XYZ? Grr...

OK, So called II - I have two exchanges done right now.

Exchange # 1 (relinquished MGV Studio, Got 2BDR Surf Club), checking in April 29:

I was told cannot use XYZ on this unless I want to travel before April 29.

Exchnage # 2 (relinquished 2BDR MGV 2011 UY, confirmed 2BDR MGV 2012 UY)

I was told can't use this for XYZ yet, as XYZ currently running until end of june, and that because my check in is in Feb, that XYZ only looks 4 months ahead, which will mean oct nov dec jan feb 2012 travel on XYZ if the program is extended.

Any insight here?

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told cannot use XYZ on this unless I want to travel before April 29.

My understanding is that XYZ must be booked, not completed before the initial exchange occurs.

I was told can't use this for XYZ yet, as XYZ currently running until end of june, and that because my check in is in Feb, that XYZ only looks 4 months ahead, which will mean oct nov dec jan feb 2012 travel on XYZ if the program is extended.

Any insight here?

I have no knowledge of this restriction.

I wish I could say that all II reps are equally knowledgeable, but it's not so. I'm sending you a pm with the name and number of a competent II rep with whom I've made several successful XYZ exchanges. You'll get your XYZs, but you'll have to be persistent as they don't make it easy.:doh:

Kate

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any date update?

Being that it is May, have they moved the chart ahead from June yet? Thanks!

hockman4357

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that XYZ must be booked, not completed before the initial exchange occurs.

I have no knowledge of this restriction.

I wish I could say that all II reps are equally knowledgeable, but it's not so. I'm sending you a pm with the name and number of a competent II rep with whom I've made several successful XYZ exchanges. You'll get your XYZs, but you'll have to be persistent as they don't make it easy.:doh:

Kate

Please PM me with the name/number of the competent II Rep familiar with exchanges. Thanks! Mike

Gypsie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hilton Elara
Welk Resort Villas
Extension

They have extended the dates through October or November. I just confirmed an August xyz exchange.

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I understand how the XYZ program works. I would love to start getting a second vacation by using the XYZ program.

OK, here we go, let's see if I got this right.

I have an exchange through II checking in June, 2012, I used a July, 2010 week to get this exchange. If I were to do an XYZ exchange the check in date and the reservation has to be completed by the check in date of June, 2012, or does the reservation just have to be booked by the check in date, and all we pay is another exchange fee.

Thanks.

Gypsie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Hilton Elara
Welk Resort Villas
It just needs to be booked before your check in date.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got an studio to go with our 2 - 1 bedrooms, June 4-11 at VDC with the XYZ exchange. Only studio's left, but I am not complaining. This works perfect for us, now everyone has their own spaces when need be.

The first person I talked to chuckled when I mentioned that I needed to talk to someone that would be able to help me with the XYZ 2 for 1 special, so I knew he would be able to help me. :whoopie:

lee

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I always thought XYZ was associated with Marriott. But when I called to cancel an exchange I made online, the lady I spoke to said I could get another week for free. She said it is called 2 for 1. She told me it has to be booked on the same day I made the exchange, or at least within 48 hours; availably was not online; I can only get the same size unit as I relinquish. I also need to call to see if I qualify, no indication anywhere else.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked an XYZ exchange into a 2 bedroom at Marriott's Grand Chateau for October :whoopie: Needed to extend our existing stay by a few days and this provided a reasonable option.