• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

IHG Credit Card for HICV Maintenance Fees

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
It appears this is a coding issue and is related to how HIGC codes maintenance fees. Has anyone spoken to them about solving this issue? I would think give points only helps them.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
They listed is as a Courtesy Adjustment for the full amount.
So your Chase statement said 8012 "courtesy adjustment" and then IHG contacted you to say there wouldn't be any future "courtesy adjustments"?

Has anyone ever had a Chase statement show a "courtesy adjustment" but then have IHG refuse to credit the points? That's where I might be with a few hundred thousand points?

-Scott

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It appears this is a coding issue and is related to how HIGC codes maintenance fees. Has anyone spoken to them about solving this issue? I would think give points only helps them.
HICV has to pay more to chase (basically chase takes a higher % of the payment- which may then get paid to IHG) if they code in a way that gets more points. IHG is willing to do this for hotel stays booked directly with them. HICV doesn't want to pay another $20-$50 per $1000 in MF or other HICV fees if they don't have to. For more than 8 months they were moving away coding in such a way that gave a discount but have been taking a firmer and firmer stance that they will not change the code and chase won't do it on their end either.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So your Chase statement said 8012 "courtesy adjustment" and then IHG contacted you to say there wouldn't be any future "courtesy adjustments"?

Has anyone ever had a Chase statement show a "courtesy adjustment" but then have IHG refuse to credit the points? That's where I might be with a few hundred thousand points?

-Scott
I just checked my January Chase statement. The Courtesy Adjustment was from IHG when I contacted them directly not Chase. Chase gave by just 1 point per $1. I'll update this after my next statement, maybe I will get double points...

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked my January Chase statement. The Courtesy Adjustment was from IHG when I contacted them directly not Chase. Chase gave by just 1 point per $1. I'll update this after my next statement, maybe I will get double points...
I have emailed Chase every month and gotten an adjustment, including a couple of times where they had to go to a supervisor. Every time they have either granted the additional IHG bonus points immediately or done some research and came back with confirmation that all Holiday Inn/IHG charges are eligible for the additional points.

Hopefully my courtesy adjustment will hit my IHG account tomorrow.

-Scott

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still missing hundreds of thousands of courtesy points in IHG account - messaged Chase today.

-Scott

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still missing hundreds of thousands of courtesy points in IHG account - messaged Chase today.

-Scott
Ouch that's a lot of MF's. Are you getting much traffic with buying and selling?

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two days after the main points posted, the courtesy points posted. Now I have to see if I got everything I was supposed to get from the two previous statements is taken care of, and put in my request for the current statement.

If I make it through the entire first year at 25x, I'll be very happy - anything beyond that at 10x is gravy. If/when they quit giving bonus points for timeshare spend, I still intend to cancel the card.

-Scott

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Two days after the main points posted, the courtesy points posted. Now I have to see if I got everything I was supposed to get from the two previous statements is taken care of, and put in my request for the current statement.

If I make it through the entire first year at 25x, I'll be very happy - anything beyond that at 10x is gravy. If/when they quit giving bonus points for timeshare spend, I still intend to cancel the card.

-Scott
Think it through for $89 you get free Platinum plus I just used points to reserve Yellowstone West. With the Premier card, my 4th night was free. That more than paid for the card. Plus the free annual night is just a bonus. You also get free cell phone coverage when you charge your cell phone bill to the card. A great perk not everyone has. I am looking to partner the IHG Select with the IHG Premeir to double dip. Two free nights per year, 10% select rebate, 4th night free on points stays, cell phone coverage. All for $138 per year. But I'm a long term Spire and use IHG for both personal and business.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I've never had points expire, and I don't do RCI deposits or IHG transfers.

-Scott
Wow, So how many weeks/stays per year do you average? Are you retired? Where is your most frequent/faviorite stay?

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Think it through for $89 you get free Platinum plus I just used points to reserve Yellowstone West. With the Premier card, my 4th night was free. That more than paid for the card. Plus the free annual night is just a bonus. You also get free cell phone coverage when you charge your cell phone bill to the card. A great perk not everyone has. I am looking to partner the IHG Select with the IHG Premeir to double dip. Two free nights per year, 10% select rebate, 4th night free on points stays, cell phone coverage. All for $138 per year. But I'm a long term Spire and use IHG for both personal and business.
I have never paid IHG for a room - if I'm not using hotel points, I book through Priceline Express deals, because I have a Priceline credit card rewards that gets me big discounts on Express deals.

One free night per year and 4th night free on points stays isn't worth $89/year to me. What is the 10% Select rebate?

-Scott

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have never paid IHG for a room - if I'm not using hotel points, I book through Priceline Express deals, because I have a Priceline credit card rewards that gets me big discounts on Express deals.

One free night per year and 4th night free on points stays isn't worth $89/year to me. What is the 10% Select rebate?

-Scott
With the IHG Chase Select card you get a 10% rebate on all points redemptions.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

-Scott
Did you get all your points? I just had a "Courtesy Adjustment" come through from Chase for anoter 8286 points. Guess I lucked out. It seems communcations between IHG and Chase could use some work.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the IHG Chase Select card you get a 10% rebate on all points redemptions.
Wow, that's a great benefit! But I did a little research and from what I can tell, the Select card is no longer open to new applications - it was replaced by the Premier card in 2018, and while you can have both if you already owned the Select card before they discontinued it, it won't help me :(

-Scott

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get all your points? I just had a "Courtesy Adjustment" come through from Chase for anoter 8286 points. Guess I lucked out. It seems communcations between IHG and Chase could use some work.
My courtesy adjustment covered everything I was owed for Dec 11 and Jan 11 statements, so I put my request in for the Feb 11 statement - thousands in charges means I'm owed tens of thousands of points again...

-Scott

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, that's a great benefit! But I did a little research and from what I can tell, the Select card is no longer open to new applications - it was replaced by the Premier card in 2018, and while you can have both if you already owned the Select card before they discontinued it, it won't help me :(

-Scott
I wonder how long it will be before they catch on and prohibit you from stacking the benefits...

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally got my adjustment confirmed by Chase for my 2/11 statement - took 25 days this time! Hopefully these points will be on my 3/11 statement and everything will be correct going foward.

Here's what they said:

"We agree that under the current terms of the product's Rewards Program Agreement, the mentioned purchases qualify for additional points per dollar. With the promotional offer on the account, purchase made at qualifying IHG properties receive 25 points per dollar from Chase."

I find it interesting that other people have been told that timeshare spend doesn't qualify for additional points but that I have been consistently told that it does - I suspect that at some point the Rewards Program Agreement will be amended if IHG really doesn't want to pay additional points on these.

-Scott

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Finally got my adjustment confirmed by Chase for my 2/11 statement - took 25 days this time! Hopefully these points will be on my 3/11 statement and everything will be correct going foward.

Here's what they said:

"We agree that under the current terms of the product's Rewards Program Agreement, the mentioned purchases qualify for additional points per dollar. With the promotional offer on the account, purchase made at qualifying IHG properties receive 25 points per dollar from Chase."

I find it interesting that other people have been told that timeshare spend doesn't qualify for additional points but that I have been consistently told that it does - I suspect that at some point the Rewards Program Agreement will be amended if IHG really doesn't want to pay additional points on these.

-Scott
That was the approach I took as well. I actually quoted the agreement.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got my 25x adjustment for my February statement - March was correct except for one charge.

All HOLIDAY INN CLB OPS TSW charges were automatically 25x.

My one HICV CAPITAL MGMT MAIN was 4x points, so I secure messaged them for the adjustment.

-Scott

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got my 25x adjustment for my March statement - April was completely correct, but I only had HOLIDAY INN CLB OPS TSW charges this time.

-Scott

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything was great until July 2021 - points did not code correctly, and customer service told me timeshare spend does not own bonus points, so I cancelled the card. It was fun while it lasted :(

We spent 4 nights in a 3BR Sig unit in Marco Island for 105K total points, which I received for $10500 in maintenance spend at an opportunity cost of $263 on my normal 2.5% cash back credit card.

If anyone sticks it out to see what happens and they start getting 10x points for timeshare maintenance/fees spend, please let me know! If they ever do 25x again for timeshare maintenance/fees, we'd be open to getting a card in my wife's name.

-Scott

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Everything was great until July 2021 - points did not code correctly, and customer service told me timeshare spend does not own bonus points, so I cancelled the card. It was fun while it lasted :(

We spent 4 nights in a 3BR Sig unit in Marco Island for 105K total points, which I received for $10500 in maintenance spend at an opportunity cost of $263 on my normal 2.5% cash back credit card.

If anyone sticks it out to see what happens and they start getting 10x points for timeshare maintenance/fees spend, please let me know! If they ever do 25x again for timeshare maintenance/fees, we'd be open to getting a card in my wife's name.

-Scott
Just curious, how many points do you have for the $10,500 maintenance fees?

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
Hey Scott. I put a direct purchase on my IHG card back in April 2021 ($6500) and at first they did not give me the 10x points. So I called Chase. First I was denied. So I called back and explained to them as per the card member agreement it states purchases made from HIVC will count toward the 10x. So they sent my case up the chain again and this time it got approved. BUT then in July I prepaid one of my maintenance fees with the card and no 10x on that purchase. So I guess I will call again and see what I can do.