• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need to rescind but I don't even have the contract!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
You are indeed among the fortunate people who have found TUG in time to rescind. The timeshare company is required by law to rescind your contract when you comply with the rescission instructions given in your contract. You are within the specified time frame and you can rest assured that all will be done legally once you mail that letter and have the receipt from the post office showing when it was mailed.
The instructions in my contract were vary vague basically just mail a letter to the department in Las Vegas stating my wishes. Didn't tell me what to include, that it needs to be certified, or anything but included any pertinent information they might need and am following everything suggested here!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Letter is written exactly as suggested above! I included everything they could possibly need. I am also including the first page of the contract and the page with Tennessee law stating I have 10 days and what I needed to do.

Made additional copies for my records of everything just in case. I plan to go to post office when they open in morning. I know I need to send it certified. I've never mailed certified. What exactly does this mean? Should I overnight it in case I did something correctly I will still have time to fix it? Should I fax it and email it to and tell them a certified letter is following? Just want to ensure this all goes smoothly.

Also will I need to mail back the box they gave me with a tote bag, pins, booklets, plus the gift cards for the tour?

Send all that extra "crap" back via USPS Standard Mail (used to be called Parcel Post) or USPS Priority Mail (for a little more money). Both of these mail services come with FREE TRACKING, and they'll get their sales materials back without an issue.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
If you do decide you want to join Club Wyndham, here is a perfect starter deed on Ebay. I've used the seller before and they are fast and reliable. You can use 260,000 points to stay a week at Saratoga Springs for between 105,000-126,000 points and Bonnet Creek for between 84,000-166,000 points in a 1 Bedroom deluxe . 260,000 points will buy you 2-3 weeks worth of vacation in a 1 bedroom depending on when/where you vacation. I live in Tampa and have exchanged into DVC before via RCI. It costs me $1,050 in exchange/maintenance fees. If I were to buy Saratoga resale, that same unit would cost $1,900. I also go to Bonnet Creek all the time and it is well worth the money. I just booked May 31st-June 5th in a 1 bedroom deluxe for $55 a night (in terms of Grand Desert maintenance fees).

This listing will probably sell for between $750-$1,000. The maintenance fees are inaccurate on the listing though. Grand Desert only costs $4.87 or $4.96 per thousand points plus the $0.62 per thousand points program fee. So 260,000 points will either cost $1,427.40 or $1,450.80 per year depending on which tower it is deeded to. With this deed you will also be able to exchange into a 1 bedroom DVC at Saratoga or Old Key west for about $1,050 a week. I have 4 Grand Desert deeds myself. You can't go wrong with them. The resort is a series of tall towers in the middle of the strip with minimal grounds to maintain. It doesn't experience natural disasters and will always be cheap to maintain.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
here is a perfect starter deed on Ebay. I've used the seller before and they are fast and reliable.

The maintenance fees are inaccurate on the listing though. Grand Desert only costs $4.87 or $4.96 per thousand points plus the $0.62 per thousand points program fee. So 260,000 points will either cost $1,427.40 or $1,450.80 per year depending on which tower

I’ve used them as well & the transfers are completed or progressing along. They have been beaten up pretty bad in some threads but I say take advantage of their bad rap here on TUG by getting an excellent purchase price.

The MFs on the listing you referred to should be $119.38 instead of $19.38. That’s close anyway

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
If you do decide you want to join Club Wyndham, here is a perfect starter deed on Ebay. I've used the seller before and they are fast and reliable. You can use 260,000 points to stay a week at Saratoga Springs for between 105,000-126,000 points and Bonnet Creek for between 84,000-166,000 points in a 1 Bedroom deluxe . 260,000 points will buy you 2-3 weeks worth of vacation in a 1 bedroom depending on when/where you vacation. I live in Tampa and have exchanged into DVC before via RCI. It costs me $1,050 in exchange/maintenance fees. If I were to buy Saratoga resale, that same unit would cost $1,900. I also go to Bonnet Creek all the time and it is well worth the money. I just booked May 31st-June 5th in a 1 bedroom deluxe for $55 a night (in terms of Grand Desert maintenance fees).

This listing will probably sell for between $750-$1,000. The maintenance fees are inaccurate on the listing though. Grand Desert only costs $4.87 or $4.96 per thousand points plus the $0.62 per thousand points program fee. So 260,000 points will either cost $1,427.40 or $1,450.80 per year depending on which tower it is deeded to. With this deed you will also be able to exchange into a 1 bedroom DVC at Saratoga or Old Key west for about $1,050 a week. I have 4 Grand Desert deeds myself. You can't go wrong with them. The resort is a series of tall towers in the middle of the strip with minimal grounds to maintain. It doesn't experience natural disasters and will always be cheap to maintain.

For their DVC usage they would do very well with 100-150 point contract on DVC. If they were going to buy in at 19,500 for Wyndham they should absolutely buy into DVC. Start with 100 points and add on later.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Also will I need to mail back the box they gave me with a tote bag, pins, booklets, plus the gift cards for the tour?

There is no need to send all of these things back. Wyndham does not want them or they would have given you instructions to do so in the rescinding section. And especially when it comes to the gift cards as those were given to you for attending the presentation, not for buying. The things they gave you, especially if you got a Wyndham directory will be helpful in the future if you buy resale.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want DVC, buy DVC. We have a very small direct contract to get gold annual passes saving $200 each per year. And the plan is to put all of my children on the deed so that they can buy their own AP for their families and I don't get the bill. I've never been asked to go to a sales update and they are actually really nice when we are on Disney Cruise Lines. Also, while I've never been pitched to purchase more points on land, they do have some really super offers if you buy at sea.

I'm saying at SSR right now in an exchange that cost me all of $41 plus the two fees. I don't know that we will be doing this again. We used to be fine in a studio with five people. Now those little kids have grown into big kids and this is not enough space for us.

Don't feel bad about rescinding. Many of us on this board has done it.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, just take a deep breath and smile.

You are one who got away.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm having major anxiety now about them receiving it. Is certified and receipt requested the same thing? Because im not sure I said receipt requested but I have a tracking number and she said they would have to sign.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm having major anxiety now about them receiving it. Is certified and receipt requested the same thing? Because im not sure I said receipt requested but I have a tracking number and she said they would have to sign.
There is certified mail, which gives you a receipt showing when you mailed the letter, and there is "return receipt requested." Only certified is required. All you need is proof you mailed it. You can get the return receipt if you paid extra for it and then you receive a post card back showing they signed for it. But that's not a requirement. You can track your letter through USPS and it will show you when it was delivered.

Try not to worry. You've fulfilled your part of the rescission process. Now the timeshare company will do their part and rescind the contract.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, don't stress. You'll be fine. The rescission will go through because the law says it must. Now, it can take up to 45 days for the refund to be posted to your credit card, and they are under no obligation to inform you of any step of the progress- though it will probably clear MUCH sooner. We know it's a stressful time, but just know that you've escaped and all will be restored to the condition it had before you signed the contract. You WON!

Congratulations! Go celebrate.

Jim

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Don't worry, don't stress. You'll be fine. The rescission will go through because the law says it must. Now, it can take up to 45 days for the refund to be posted to your credit card, and they are under no obligation to inform you of any step of the progress- though it will probably clear MUCH sooner. We know it's a stressful time, but just know that you've escaped and all will be restored to the condition it had before you signed the contract. You WON!

Congratulations! Go celebrate.

Jim
I guess my fear is they will find a way to say you did something wrong past the 10 days and they will say GOT YA!!!!

Also my sales rep said he'd be calling in next few days to help me set up my letter won't arrive til Thursday. Should I ignore them, answer and just tell them, or answer and lie to them until they find out??

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I guess my fear is they will find a way to say you did something wrong past the 10 days and they will say GOT YA!!!!

Also my sales rep said he'd be calling in next few days to help me set up my letter won't arrive til Thursday. Should I ignore them, answer and just tell them, or answer and lie to them until they find out??
Ignore all calls from them. You didn't do anything wrong. You followed the instructions in your contract, and it's really a very simple process to rescind.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My letter arrived late yesterday afternoon but they haven't bothered to pick it up yet. I'm getting really anxious.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My letter arrived late yesterday afternoon but they haven't bothered to pick it up yet. I'm getting really anxious.
No worries. You've done all that was required of you and you have proof with your certified mail receipt and copy of your letter. Even if they never picked up the letter and you somehow received a bill from them, all you have to do is provide your proof of rescission. They are required by law to rescind the contract and return your money.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
No worries. You've done all that was required of you and you have proof with your certified mail receipt and copy of your letter. Even if they never picked up the letter and you somehow received a bill from them, all you have to do is provide your proof of rescission. They are required by law to rescind the contract and return your money.
Thanks! I not only put my confirmation for in the safe but I copied it and kept a copy in my desk at work and have a picture of it on my phone!