• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I just realized I made a mistake with westgate resort

Janlinx

Reaction score
On January 11, I was at the Island of Adventure park, when a woman approached me to offer me a free breakfast and if I attended a talk at Westgate Resort, they would give me 150 dollars once this talk was over.
They offered me the timeshare which I rejected several times, but they had us for almost 6 hours, until the rates dropped significantly and which became attractive, there I made the mistake of accepting the proposal that they offered to my wife and me.
Then I arrived in Miami where I am staying, and my father-in-law tells me that I made a serious mistake, since this has been going on for 40 years where many people have been scammed with this modality, which is why my wife and I were very scared.
After this, I began to search for information, and I found a lot of information about complaints and people commenting on their experience with this type of contract that they had acquired with the Westgate resort, until I found this forum.

I am a little disoriented, what should I do, I signed this on Friday, January 12, and from what I looked at on the USB memory they gave me, I have 10 days to cancel this contract.
Sending a letter, my question is what the letter to be sent should be, do you have an example of everything that should be written and what address should be written in the letter.
Also what they gave me, which was a tablet and a briefcase with documentation, should that be addressed to the same address as the letter but in a separate package?
I and my wife signed the contract.

I hope you can help me, and sorry for my English but I am a foreigner.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
@Passepartout, you've helped people with this question before. Can you provide the instructions?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
On January 11, I was at the Island of Adventure park, when a woman approached me to offer me a free breakfast and if I attended a talk at Westgate Resort, they would give me 150 dollars once this talk was over.
They offered me the timeshare which I rejected several times, but they had us for almost 6 hours, until the rates dropped significantly and which became attractive, there I made the mistake of accepting the proposal that they offered to my wife and me.
Then I arrived in Miami where I am staying, and my father-in-law tells me that I made a serious mistake, since this has been going on for 40 years where many people have been scammed with this modality, which is why my wife and I were very scared.
After this, I began to search for information, and I found a lot of information about complaints and people commenting on their experience with this type of contract that they had acquired with the Westgate resort, until I found this forum.

I am a little disoriented, what should I do, I signed this on Friday, January 12, and from what I looked at on the USB memory they gave me, I have 10 days to cancel this contract.
Sending a letter, my question is what the letter to be sent should be, do you have an example of everything that should be written and what address should be written in the letter.
Also what they gave me, which was a tablet and a briefcase with documentation, should that be addressed to the same address as the letter but in a separate package?
I and my wife signed the contract.

I hope you can help me, and sorry for my English but I am a foreigner.

Hold on tight. There are many people here that can advise you to rescind. Looks like you found TUG in time!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome @Janlinx You are FAR from the first who have been captured by those sleazy bodysnatchers,

Solving this problem will take an hour or two to solve. The letter you need to write is simple. Just plain English that you wish to exercise your right to cancel the purchase of this property. Include the contract number (it should be in the contract you got from them). BOTH of the people who signed the contract need to sign the rescission (that's what this is called) letter.
Tell them that 'Promotional Materials to be returned under separate cover', then return their junk by the cheapest means.
Then go to a Post Office (in person) They will have envelopes if you don't. Send it to Westgate Resorts Ltd, 2801 Old Winter Garden Road Ocoee, FL 34761. Send it Certified Mail with Return Receipt (so you'll know when it's delivered)

That's all there is to it!

Enjoy your US Vacation!

Jim

Janlinx

Reaction score
Welcome @Janlinx You are FAR from the first who have been captured by those sleazy bodysnatchers,

Solving this problem will take an hour or two to solve. The letter you need to write is simple. Just plain English that you wish to exercise your right to cancel the purchase of this property. Include the contract number (it should be in the contract you got from them). BOTH of the people who signed the contract need to sign the rescission (that's what this is called) letter.
Tell them that 'Promotional Materials to be returned under separate cover', then return their junk by the cheapest means.
Then go to a Post Office (in person) They will have envelopes if you don't. Send it to Westgate Resorts Ltd, 2801 Old Winter Garden Road Ocoee, FL 34761. Send it Certified Mail with Return Receipt (so you'll know when it's delivered)

That's all there is to it!

Enjoy your US Vacation!

Jim
Do you think this would be good as a letter? or need to change any?

We, my name and name of my wife, are writing to exercise our legal right to terminate the contract, under state law, in the purchase of the timeshare purchased on January 12, 2024 at Westgate Vacation Villas I 7700 Westgate Blvd , Kissimmee, FL 34747.
We are terminating our contract number xxxxxx with the name of the timeshare plan Westgate Blue Tree Resort, A TIMESHARE RESORT, address 12007 Cypress Run Road, Orlando, FL 32836, effective immediately.
We will return the owner's book, all documents included with it, and the tablet we were given at the time of purchase in another shipment that will be sent at the same time as this letter.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time to rescind and save thousands!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you think this would be good as a letter? or need to change any?

We, my name and name of my wife, are writing to exercise our legal right to terminate the contract, under state law, in the purchase of the timeshare purchased on January 12, 2024 at Westgate Vacation Villas I 7700 Westgate Blvd , Kissimmee, FL 34747.
We are terminating our contract number xxxxxx with the name of the timeshare plan Westgate Blue Tree Resort, A TIMESHARE RESORT, address 12007 Cypress Run Road, Orlando, FL 32836, effective immediately.
We will return the owner's book, all documents included with it, and the tablet we were given at the time of purchase in another shipment that will be sent at the same time as this letter.

Suit yourself, but the corporate office is the one in Ocoee Florida. The resort will not process the rescission. Delay will happen if they have to forward your letter to the corporate office. OTOH, Corporate doesn't need/want the folder or tablet. So sent their stuff where it's wanted/needed.

Best wishes.

We have helped unknown hundreds of people rescind unwanted timeshares. We're happy to help you too.

Jim

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Send it as return receipt, so you know they received the letter.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suit yourself, but the corporate office is the one in Ocoee Florida. The resort will not process the rescission. Delay will happen if they have to forward your letter to the corporate office. OTOH, Corporate doesn't need/want the folder or tablet. So sent their stuff where it's wanted/needed.

Best wishes.

We have helped unknown hundreds of people rescind unwanted timeshares. We're happy to help you too.

Jim
I think the two addresses on his letter are the place where he signed the timeshare documents and the second is the location of the resort he was sold. I believe he plans on sending it to the address you provided. He was just asking if what he typed out was good enough for the contents of the letter.
At least that is what I read

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sending TWO rescission letters via USPS Certified Mail is cheap enough to do (especially when it will be saving you thousands over the years).

Sending a letter to each address should do the trick for you. NOTE: Any buyer who signed the contract must also sign the rescission letter. Maintain a copy for your own records and don't forget to keep a copy of the Postmarked receipt.

Good move to rescind, especially since you likely buy the same thing on eBay for just one dollar!

Janlinx

Reaction score
I think the two addresses on his letter are the place where he signed the timeshare documents and the second is the location of the resort he was sold. I believe he plans on sending it to the address you provided. He was just asking if what he typed out was good enough for the contents of the letter.
At least that is what I read

Yes exactly, I was referring to what was written inside the letter, where I signed, and the location of the timeshare. But I will send this to the address they provided me here.

pd:
I think the letter is good.
Thank you very much for the help provided, Afterwards I will tell you how the procedures went.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent! If there is a specific address listed in the section that listed the 10 days, send a second copy to that address too in addition to the address that @Passepartout mentioned above. Certified mail only cost a few dollars. Remember to keep the receipt with the tracking information. You should be good.
Oh, they might call to try to convince you to keep the timeshare, don't feel pressured to accept. Anything that is offered to you can always be purchased later no matter what they tell you.