• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Program

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club (HVC) - Platinum Points, Hyatt Mountain Lodge Beaver Creek, Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Maui, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Carmel Highlands
I figured others would find the 2022 Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Program Point Evaluation Schedule and the Interval International Exchange Point Evaluation Schedule useful (see attached).

Attachments

• B. Hyatt Vacation Club - Point Evaluation Schedule.pdf
    194.5 KB · Views: 699
  • 2022 Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Program - Interval International.jpg
    2022 Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Program - Interval International.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 917

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Vacation Club (HVC) - Platinum Points, Hyatt Mountain Lodge Beaver Creek, Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Maui, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Carmel Highlands
By looking at contracts that are for sale, I was able to get a fairly accurate cost assessment of Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Points vs contract size.

A couple observations:
  • Anything < 240,000 points is quite costly in terms of cost per point.
  • After about 360,000 points the savings in cost per point levels off quite a bit.
Conclusions:
  • Don't buy anything less than 240,000 points; and consider upping your minimum consideration to 300,000-360,000 if you know you can use the points. Keep in mind that you can roll-over points as part of the program.
  • Anything above 360,000 points and you are still getting a cost per point savings, it's just incrementally less significant.

Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Program - Cost Per Point.png

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I figured others might find the Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Program Rules and Regulations helpful. It goes into detail of how the reservation system works. I've also attached the Platinum Priority benefit summaries.

Attachments

• D. Platinum Program Rules and Regulations.pdf
    286.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Platinum Priority - Benefits Summary - Level V.pdf
    290.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Platinum Priority - Benefits Summary - Level IV.pdf
    250.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Platinum Priority - Benefits Summary - Level III.pdf
    187.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Platinum Priority - Benefits Summary - Level II.pdf
    291.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Platinum Priority - Benefits Summary - Level I.pdf
    236.4 KB · Views: 101

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Platinum Points to World of Hyatt conversion will be 3:1 in increments of 20K for a $143 transaction fee starting in 2023. For smaller accounts, I would say it's not a good value.

For bigger accounts, and if you convert a sizable amount of points to spread the transaction fee cost, it represents only a decent value. In general, World of Hyatt points are worth a 1.7¢ a point.

Screenshot_20220910_205812.jpg

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just completed a resale purchase of a Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Points contract in case anyone has any questions about the process, or any limitations placed on resale owners. I'd be happy to answer them.

Sis8213

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott
I just completed a resale purchase of a Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Points contract in case anyone has any questions about the process, or any limitations placed on resale owners. I'd be happy to answer them.
I spent an hour trying to reset my Tugg password and then find this thread again and may have missed pertinent information if so my apologie. What is this program? I’ve seen multiple listings for point resales and someone posted a very lengthy email sent from Hyatt, but can’t seem to find much info on it. One of the things I saw was the exchange rate from the Vacation Club points to World of Hyatt but does that apply to resale points? What are the maintenance fees, pros and cons versus Hyatt Residence Club? Any info you have time to share would be appreciated

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I spent an hour trying to reset my Tugg password and then find this thread again and may have missed pertinent information if so my apologie. What is this program? I’ve seen multiple listings for point resales and someone posted a very lengthy email sent from Hyatt, but can’t seem to find much info on it. One of the things I saw was the exchange rate from the Vacation Club points to World of Hyatt but does that apply to resale points? What are the maintenance fees, pros and cons versus Hyatt Residence Club? Any info you have time to share would be appreciated
Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Points is the new name for the former Welks Resorts Platinum Points.

Point conversions to World of Hyatt Points are not available for resale owners. The conversion is so-so at best, so it's not a big loss IMO.

You can see the maintenance fees for different point accounts by taking a look at my chart in this thread that shows the cost per point vs points account. You can just multiply them to get the total maintenance fee for that account size. You'll see that it drops exponentially with larger accounts.

Hyatt Residence Club is a completely different program, but I can't really comment on pros/cons as it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges. It really depends on what you're looking for out of a timeshare program.

If you have any follow up questions please feel free to reach out.

Thank,
Diego

Sis8213

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott
Thanks for your help. I am looking for a Hyatt resale and came across these listing. From some of the articles it looks like the traditional Hyatt vacation club will start offering the welk resorts for internal exchanges. And several articles have mentioned what a favorable exchange rate the Hyatt vacation club has on II, unless that was devalued in the past few years?

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for your help. I am looking for a Hyatt resale and came across these listing. From some of the articles it looks like the traditional Hyatt vacation club will start offering the welk resorts for internal exchanges. And several articles have mentioned what a favorable exchange rate the Hyatt vacation club has on II, unless that was devalued in the past few years?
By "traditional" Hyatt Vacation Club do you mean the Hyatt Residence Club? If so, they made an announcement back in May 2022 that they were not going to do any type of internal exchange offering to the former Welk Resorts (now Hyatt Vacation Club) and vice-versa. Instead, members would have to exchange via Interval at a reduced exchange fee. It's explained in detail pretty well at this link: https://www.hyattresidenceclub.com/inspirations/may-2022/introducing-hyatt-vacation-club.

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Platinum Points to World of Hyatt conversion will be 3:1 in increments of 20K for a $143 transaction fee starting in 2023. For smaller accounts, I would say it's not a good value.

For bigger accounts, and if you convert a sizable amount of points to spread the transaction fee cost, it represents only a decent value. In general, World of Hyatt points are worth a 1.7¢ a point.

View attachment 64580
Resale isn’t eligible for the conversion, right?

Btw Thanks for your all information

NorcalDisFan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Never mind. It’s already answered. Not eligible.

I have one question. What is your 2023 maintenance fee? Do you know 2022 fee as well?

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Unfortunately, no. It's only available to members who purchased directly from the developer. Although, I've been looking into upgrading my resale contract to "full membership" by purchasing additional points from the developer. It looks like I can buy as little as 30K points and have my membership "upgraded"; however, even those 30K points is several thousands of dollars, so I'm still not sure if it's worth it just to have the ability to convert to World of Hyatt points.

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Never mind. It’s already answered. Not eligible.

I have one question. What is your 2023 maintenance fee? Do you know 2022 fee as well?
My resale contract is a biennial even contract for 360K points. The MFs for 2022 were $2241 that the previous owner paid, so I won't see an updated MF until 2024, so we'll see how much it changes then.

Sis8213

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott
By "traditional" Hyatt Vacation Club do you mean the Hyatt Residence Club? If so, they made an announcement back in May 2022 that they were not going to do any type of internal exchange offering to the former Welk Resorts (now Hyatt Vacation Club) and vice-versa. Instead, members would have to exchange via Interval at a reduced exchange fee. It's explained in detail pretty well at this link: https://www.hyattresidenceclub.com/inspirations/may-2022/introducing-hyatt-vacation-club.
Your a wealth of information yes thank you!
One more thing I’m having trouble finding for the Hyatt Residence Club can those points be banked within the Hyatt timeshare program? Everything I’ve been able to find seems to indicate it has to go into an exchange account. Thanks

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your a wealth of information yes thank you!

One more thing I’m having trouble finding for the Hyatt Residence Club can those points be banked within the Hyatt timeshare program? Everything I’ve been able to find seems to indicate it has to go into an exchange account. Thanks
I'm less familiar with Hyatt Residence Club's program so I don't know if they allow banking of points. Conversely, the Hyatt Vacation Club does allow you to bank your points for use in the following calendar year; however, there are restrictions placed on those points; specifically, you're only allowed to book within a 60-day window.

Sis8213

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott
I'm less familiar with Hyatt Residence Club's program so I don't know if they allow banking of points. Conversely, the Hyatt Vacation Club does allow you to bank your points for use in the following calendar year; however, there are restrictions placed on those points; specifically, you're only allowed to book within a 60-day window.
Thanks so much for your time and your help.

Cricket072007

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
Westin Flex
YES I HAVE QUESTIONS for you:
specifically what would 260,000 platinum Points get me?
what are the restrictions placed on purchase of non-retail points?
are the points interchangeable with MVC and/or WVC of which I am an owner?

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
YES I HAVE QUESTIONS for you:
specifically what would 260,000 platinum Points get me?
what are the restrictions placed on purchase of non-retail points?
are the points interchangeable with MVC and/or WVC of which I am an owner?
Take a look at my first post in this thread for the point evaluation schedule. This will show you how many points it takes to make certain bookings. The only significant restriction is that you won't be able to convert your points to World of Hyatt Points. And no, you can't directly interchange them with MVC or WVC, but you can exchange points on Interval for available exchange inventory.

klipywitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
Hi diegorico,

I own a 300k every other year at (former) welk and was asking myself the same questions. I just did a Owner update at Desert Oasis and, of course, they were trying to upsell me. When they found out it was a resale, they tried to scare me by saying I can’t really do any benefits other than the resorts. After I turned down additional points, they offered me to convert my resale into full benefits for $7k — which I turned down too.

Questions:
- Can you trade with your resale into Interval International?
- what else are resales limited to do?

I agree: a 3:1 exchange into World of Hyatt seems to not make sense at all. My maintenance fees are 2.4K for 300k points. transferring thst to WOH would give me 100k points, which is about 5 nights at 20k points each at WOH — that means $480 per night. Not a deal…

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi diegorico,

I own a 300k every other year at (former) welk and was asking myself the same questions. I just did a Owner update at Desert Oasis and, of course, they were trying to upsell me. When they found out it was a resale, they tried to scare me by saying I can’t really do any benefits other than the resorts. After I turned down additional points, they offered me to convert my resale into full benefits for $7k — which I turned down too.

Questions:

I agree: a 3:1 exchange into World of Hyatt seems to not make sense at all. My maintenance fees are 2.4K for 300k points. transferring thst to WOH would give me 100k points, which is about 5 nights at 20k points each at WOH — that means $480 per night. Not a deal…
You can definitely trade through Interval regardless of resale or not.

The only real limitation is the WOH option, which we've already instablished is not exactly a great option.

A large resale contract wouldn't be eligible for the Platinum Priority benefit which gives the owner access to some limited inventory in advance of the usual booking window, but to be honest if you book early enough you shouldn't have trouble booking what you want, so I don't see it as a big loss either.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Hi diegorico,

Questions:

Based on The Points Guy, a WOH point is worth about 1.7¢. Ergo, your 100,000 WOH points have a value of about $1700. Thus, as you figured out, not a good deal. (There were also valuation updates that made some hotels more expensive. See the link below.)

klipywitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
You can definitely trade through Interval regardless of resale or not.

The only real limitation is the WOH option, which we've already instablished is not exactly a great option.

A large resale contract wouldn't be eligible for the Platinum Priority benefit which gives the owner access to some limited inventory in advance of the usual booking window, but to be honest if you book early enough you shouldn't have trouble booking what you want, so I don't see it as a big loss either.
Thanks for confirming.

It never ceases to amaze me how there are layers and layers of complexity added on top of each other to allow extra opportunities for the developers to make more money, and to keep owners feeling they must always add more points to have a competitive advantage. :)

Thanks for all your help, @diegorico and @RunCat

annebean

Reaction score
I would like to hear your experience. Thank you.

Howiedog1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt Vacation Club Platinum Points is the new name for the former Welks Resorts Platinum Points.

Point conversions to World of Hyatt Points are not available for resale owners. The conversion is so-so at best, so it's not a big loss IMO.

You can see the maintenance fees for different point accounts by taking a look at my chart in this thread that shows the cost per point vs points account. You can just multiply them to get the total maintenance fee for that account size. You'll see that it drops exponentially with larger accounts.

Hyatt Residence Club is a completely different program, but I can't really comment on pros/cons as it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges. It really depends on what you're looking for out of a timeshare program.

Thank,
Diego
Hi Diego,

How do the exchanges look on Interval? Are there many Hyatt Residence inventories available? and are most of the Marriott/Westin properties available?

Thank,
Diego
Hi Diego,

How do the exchanges look on Interval? Are there many Hyatt Residence inventories as well as most of the Marriott/Westin properties available? and point exchange exactly like the chart you provided?

Thanks!

diegor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You'll find inventory for resorts like Piñon Pointe, Wild Oak Ranch, and off season for some of the others, but you won't find any prime weeks for some of the desirable resorts since HRC has an internal club-to-club exchange. As a result, only the "unwanted" weeks make their way onto Interval. It's more or less the same story for Marriott/Westin. This is true for anyone looking to exchange into these timeshare programs.