• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Raising Fees

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently I received an e-mail from Hyatt about:

1) moving to electronic communication only
and
2) Raising fees for transactions by phone

Anyone else receive this e-mail? Any thoughts or comments about move?

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

and

Yep got that as well. Going to cost more to talk to a person.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

and

I am ok with both- totally ok with the move to electronic communication and semi-ok with the fee changes. I would prefer to use the website to search and book and if it helps to control costs, I think it makes sense for Hyatt to encourage others to do the same. I of course would rather there be NO fee changes ever, but that is unrealistic. This is the most palatable way to go about it in my mind.

The only concern that I would have is that it is very cumbersome to set up exchange requests on line for multiple unit sizes and mulitple properties- for example, say you just wanted to request a ski resort, ski week, 1BR or studio. It takes quite some time to enter this online- you must enter a completely new request for each unit size at each property you are requesting, entering your full data set (including credit card info) for each request. I am typically doing this outside of normal business hours, so I just do it this way rather than make time to call during the day. I did have it happen, however, that a unit came up online and did not match a request I had- if Hyatt pushes folks towards working through their website but glitches like this persist, they will wind up with some unhappy members.

I will miss talking to the Hyatt reps. I don't call very frequently but when I do, they have been uniformly some of the most helpful and courteous I've had the pleasure of dealing with.

H

mwwich

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will miss talking to the Hyatt reps. I don't call very frequently but when I do, they have been uniformly some of the most helpful and courteous I've had the pleasure of dealing with.

H

I would agree, they know their system well (as they should) and really help me utilize everything to my advantage. The Marriott folks could learn a bit from the Hyatt folks. Marriott reps mean well, but their introduction of a points system has confused their own people over the past year.