• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Kaanapali

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
It's the best!!!!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is how people wind up owning multiple timeshares (and frequently loving it).
The HOA is selling some units at a good price but not many left and no floating weeks

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
The HOA is selling some units at a good price but not many left and no floating weeks
What is considering a good price? Also from your message I understand that floating weeks are better choice? How much is Hyatt early dues? Thank you so much.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. I think HOA wouldn't have price that lower than Redweek
With a floating week, the owner needs to plan 12 months ahead of the desired week. Some people don't like to plan that far ahead. When you do, the reward is very nice.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
Floating weeks are an incredible value! I love mine and am so happy I got it.

With a floating week, the owner needs to plan 12 months ahead of the desired week. Some people don't like to plan that far ahead. When you do, the reward is very nice.
Kal, do you own on Maui or exchanging into it?
I thought that set week costs more but like floating concept and don’t mind reserving in advance.
I wonder if anyone was ever successful in exchanging from Marriott into Hyatt Maui???

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kal, do you own on Maui or exchanging into it?
I thought that set week costs more but like floating concept and don’t mind reserving in advance.
I wonder if anyone was ever successful in exchanging from Marriott into Hyatt Maui???
Yes, I own at HKB, floor band 9-12, 2BR, Floating. The floating week should be priced higher as you have your choice of week to stay. You just have to confirm the week you want well in advance. First come, first served so confirming the week 12 months in advance makes it a sure thing. A request list is not needed. You can request unit location specifics and it's almost assured.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
What an amazing resort you are an. owner of!!! We checked out yesterday and I can’t stop thinking of that place. We own Marriott and I split 2 bedrooms so will have 2 weeks a year and I don’t need more so not sure what to do now and how to get into Hyatt.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
What an amazing resort you are an. owner of!!! We checked out yesterday and I can’t stop thinking of that place. We own Marriott and I split 2 bedrooms so will have 2 weeks a year and I don’t need more so not sure what to do now and how to get into Hyatt.
Unless you want to buy resale, your best bet is to rent from an owner. If the rental is $600/nite, that's about the owner's break even cost. It may seem expensive, but that's Maui. Renting will save you the up front capital costs, but you would have no skin in the game. Real estate prices in Maui are skyrocketing so it would be nice to be in the game.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Read up on the Points guy or 10xtravel to learn about ultimate reward credit card points of which Hyatt is a partner. We often add to our stays at the Residence club before or after or to fill a gap. It works well.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
Unless you want to buy resale, your best bet is to rent from an owner. If the rental is $600/nite, that's about the owner's break even cost. It may seem expensive, but that's Maui. Renting will save you the up front capital costs, but you would have no skin in the game. Real estate prices in Maui are skyrocketing so it would be nice to be in the game.
Yes I’m only considering resale. I went to presentation and not ready to pay their asking price :)
I’m so thankful for Redweek and their prices I rented this stay from them. I can’t decide which week to buy and 1 or 2 bedrooms…

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
Read up on the Points guy or 10xtravel to learn about ultimate reward credit card points of which Hyatt is a partner. We often add to our stays at the Residence club before or after or to fill a gap. It works well.
I have Chase Reserve card but don’t think Hyatt is partner with them. I will look into points guy info. Thank you.
How was your stay? I planned a lot but once we checked into Hyatt and got on the balcony, our plans changed. We enjoyed just staying there for a week

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I’m only considering resale. I went to presentation and not ready to pay their asking price :)
I’m so thankful for Redweek and their prices I rented this stay from them. I can’t decide which week to buy and 1 or 2 bedrooms…
Bear in mind that 1BR oceanviews are few and far between so be sure you are aware of the view and the band (low, mid, high) for 1BRs. All 2BRs are oceanview, but definitely keep the band in mind. Mid and High would be desirable, low not as much for us.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
Bear in mind that 1BR oceanviews are few and far between so be sure you are aware of the view and the band (low, mid, high) for 1BRs. All 2BRs are oceanview, but definitely keep the band in mind. Mid and High would be desirable, low not as much for us.
Yes I’m going to consider that. Thank you.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
The veranda on the 2BR is huge as there is also a full opening in the BR! Then consider the glass veranda doors open over the full width of the LR is really special. You don't get that with a 1BR.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
The veranda on the 2BR is huge as there is also a full opening in the BR! Then consider the glass veranda doors open over the full width of the LR is really special. You don't get that with a 1BR.
The 2BR patio is very large and a great place to sit and enjoy! The 1BR patio (ocean view) is also very nice, but about half the size of the 2BR patio.

** I have since been corrected, the 1BR patio is the same size as the 2BR!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kal

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
The 2BR patio is very large and a great place to sit and enjoy! The 1BR patio (ocean view) is also very nice, but about half the size of the 2BR patio.
Is that true? I’ve stayed in both and the 1 bedroom patio seemed almost the same size as the 2 bedroom.

travelove

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
David Walley's Resort
I stayed in 3502; furthest right and next to us was 2 bedroom, their patio was the same size. I also asked housekeeper of that suite and she said that patio is the same size.

claraj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Los Suenos
Chase Reserve card but don’t think Hyatt is partner with them
Chase Reserve is definitely a partner with Hyatt hotels. I transfer Chase points to Hyatt all the time at 1:1.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
1718725580830.jpeg

You can see the right stack of oceanview 1 bedrooms has the same size lanai with opening doors
in bedroom and living room.