• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deeded back - Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Las Vegas 5440 points every other year

SpaceSkier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations at the Boulevard
Get access to the Hilton Grand Vacations Club network of 63+ resorts with a very low maintenance fee of $910.61 (for 2023) paid only ALTERNATE years.
You get 5440 points (4928 remaining for this interval), which equates to a 1 Bedroom, gold season every Odd year starting 2025 (you can access the points beginning immediately using RCI) - so this is a free way to get into the network, or enhance your existing HGVC points.

Maintenance fees are due January 1, 2024. I am willing to split these with the new owner

I will pay all title transfer fees.

Home resort is The Boulevard, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club (Las Vegas) but you can use the points at any HGVC resort or RCI resort (does not include new resorts added via Diamon Resorts acquisition).

- Access to over 60 HGVC resorts across Hawaii, Florida, California, South Carolina, Colorado, Utah, Scotland, Italy, Portugal and other destinations.
- Can use points to book at RCI Resorts - a very large number of destinations worldwide

- Access to book at deeply discounted "open season" rates for travel within 4 weeks. Example 1: For Sep 2023, Hilton Grand Waikikian which is available at $440/night+tax = $1700 for 3 nights to non-owners (via Expedia etc.) is available to HGVC owners at just $208/night (same dates) WITHOUT using any HGVC points.

- Points can also be converted to Hilton HHonors to book at any Hilton hotel (instead of one week, you will likely get only 2-3 nights depending on hotel selected)
- Points can also be used towards club partners including El Monte RV rentals, Yatch rentals, O.A.R.S. Adventure travel, cruises etc.

quhines

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview (RCI Points)
Vacation Village @Weston (RCI Points)
HGVC Tuscany
Interested as well if @Nowaker passes, I will provide my email at that time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ha, see...that was easy! =)

SpaceSkier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ha, see...that was easy! =)
Unfortunately, since I originally asked the HGVC brokers to sell the timeshare, I'm stuck in an agreement with them till June 26, 2024. Check back then if it hasn't sold.

-KML

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
right? seems like that is going to cost you an extra years worth of maintenance fees.

they were clearly unsuccessful, and you have a willing buyer. whats the penalty?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Whoa! June 26 2024? That is way too long for an exclusive listing - 3 months seems reasonable. If they cannot sell in 3 months either your price is too high or their services suck - especially for an HGVC Blvd listing.

What broker is selling this? Are you paying the broker a fee to sell? Can you cancel the agreement? What are the penalties? Look at your contract.

SpaceSkier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Whoa! June 26 2024? That is way too long for an exclusive listing - 3 months seems reasonable. If they cannot sell in 3 months either your price is too high or their services suck - especially for an HGVC Blvd listing.

What broker is selling this? Are you paying the broker a fee to sell? Can you cancel the agreement? What are the penalties? Look at your contract.
It is the one that HGVC uses. They linked me with it.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I would try to cancel if you can give it away because they cannot earn a fee on something that hasn't sold. Either way if they sell for $1000,they take the broker fee then you would get nothing after fees and would also have to pay for 2024 MF bill for points you cannot use.

I believe all they do is give it to the same brokers you can get here and they will beat you to lower the price so you get nothing but enough money to pay for the broker.

You would have been better off listing with Redweek for $59 and TUG (free) because that is where the brokers post.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
No fee unless it sells. Then commission on the sale. The rates were reasonable, but the year contract is a bummer. I could check on canceling.

You should check on two things:

1). Can I request to successfully cancel the contract (and get that in writing) ?

2). Is there ANY fee required if I were to give the week away (and not charge a nickel for it) ?

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I communicated with OP. Here's some excerpts.

<Nowaker> Can you show me [the agreement you signed]? I can take a look and figure out if you owe them anything. Most likely it's an AGENCY agreement, which means, if they find you a buyer, they'll take commission. No sale - no commission.

<SpaceSkier>
1697066568692.png

<Nowaker> OK, so [based on the date of your signature] you've "listed" with them for more than 3 months and got nothing.
<Nowaker> Plus, they only get paid if they bring you a qualified buyer. What "base list price" did you provide?

<SpaceSkier> I listed at 1000, and then dropped to 500, then dropped to 1. I just told them to increase to $1500. I figure I can just pay the fees for this year and then give it away after June 26. If there is a buyer for $1500 then great.

<Nowaker> There won't be anyone buying it for $1500, $1000 or even $500.
<Nowaker> $1500 is what you'll pay at the most for Boulevard 2 BR Gold which is 8000 points, annually, at MF per point slightly better than 1 BR Gold at 5440.
<Nowaker> The fact your deed is biennial means it can only go when you cover all closing costs, and these agents don't do that.
<Nowaker> Since you tried everything and they brought nothing, I suggest you terminate the contract since nothing will be coming your way, but that's your decision to make :)

Nothing more to add from me. No sale - no commission - no damages, so it would be safe to terminate it. But that's on OP, not me.

---

Timeshare sales at their best.
First - get bamboozled into buying Blvd 1 BR Gold 5,440 pts for $15K (AFAIR).
Second - get bambozzled into paying 25% commission for a freaking referral.
Clueless retail owners basically get scammed twice.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. You are gifting it, not selling it. Is there anywhere in the contract that prevents you from gifting it?
2. Even if these were to be considered a sale, the purchase price is zero (or 1). That means they are entitled to nothing (see section 2 of the terms and conditions above). You have the right to set the price and you have already tried that. I seriously doubt there would be a jury in this country that would find me guilty of breach of contract. Maybe I am of a different breed, but I would kill the contract and let the thing go.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
fyi, a random broker isnt going to stop the transfer of your timeshare to someone else, especially offering it for free.

they may dispute the fact that you owe them some sort of commission (appears a min of 500 bucks in the contract) simply because you signed a contract...but id not let that stop you from giving this timeshare away to the party that wants it. you can sort out what fee if any applies to you down the road.

brokers are obligated to act in the best interest of their client, and as of now they are doing the exact opposite. that alone should tell you everything you need to know.

thats just my opinion though.

lauradallolio

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Did you manage to get it sold or transfered? or is it still available? I am very interested if you still have it.

SpaceSkier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is available. The broker contract is expired. Please private message me to get more information. I have never done this.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have you tried to reach back out to hilton to see if they would take it back? many times it requires multiple attempts to get a yes!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
@SpaceSkier

Here's the link to the HGVC deedback thread - https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/hgvcs-deed-back-process.359743/

For example, read the following posts from MNScott and Kumo regarding their deedback experience.

After contacting HGVC on December 29th, 2023 (pfoliosvc (at) hgvc.com) regarding a voluntary surrender, I received a letter we were eligible for a return of this property. We filed the appropriate paperwork with them, and on March 2nd, I received a letter the process was completed.

This property is no longer available. Thank you to everyone who helped us to go through this process.
I also had several back and forth with people in customer service at HGVC as well as their resale division, including asking about a surrender, with no mention of this option until alwysonvac reached out and brought the deed back thread to our attention.

We reached out to the deed back email address and asked for any forms / paperwork. I provided the property location, contract number, number of points, and that we wished to initiate a voluntary surrender of the ownership. There was an automated reply to our email, and the next we heard from them was a letter in the mail that they had evaluated our ownership and would accept a deed back. The ownership was fully paid off, all fees up to date with 2024 already paid. The letter included the next steps on the process.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
We've had a successful return. An important note for those who have properties in Florida. Your witnesses need to write their address alongside their name, even if there is no field for it on your form. There is a new law in Florida that went in to effect on January 1st requiring this information (see 1c of https://m.flsenate.gov/Statutes/695.26).

Resort Name: Las Palmeras, Hilton Grand Vacations
Week: 1BR, 5,440 Points, Gold Season

End of December, 2023:
* Emailed pfoliosvc (at) hgvc.com
Mid January, 2024:
* Received surrender agreement via USPS, emailed a photo of the signed document.
* Received warranty deed via email to notarize/sign a few days later.
* Returned signed and notarized document via USPS.
First week of February:
* Deed recorded.
First week of March:
* Received letter via USPS confirming our property was returned.
* Verified our HGVC account/login was no longer available.

Overall time was around 60 days.

Just submitted my deed surrender now. Will keep you all updated with how it all pans out. For reference with what I have :
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club STD35-562112 Check-in Day(s): Friday3,520 PointsPlatinum
UPDATE:
Sent in the voluntary surrender of deed around March 8th ( As I posted above ) following the protocol listed on the first post. I received email back today ( April 1st ) of agreement to sign and surrender my deed. I'm sooooo relieved! Thank you all for this wonderful forum and insights. I only wish I found this sooner.
I already signed and emailed back to them. Just awaiting their reply to give back deed to finalize this process. Any idea how long that takes? ( Or your own personal experience once this has developed? )
Update: Received email of deed to sign back over. Did notary the same day and USPS shipped with sign approval. They received. Now awaiting final confirmation of everything being disbanded.

SpaceSkier

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ugh...I tried. I received phone calls and such saying they don't do deed backs. I can try again.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Ugh...I tried. I received phone calls and such saying they don't do deed backs. I can try again.
Refer to it as a voluntary surrender in your email to pfoliosvc@hgvc.com (see below).

From MNScott's quote "We reached out to the deed back email address and asked for any forms / paperwork. I provided the property location, contract number, number of points, and that we wished to initiate a voluntary surrender of the ownership"

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ask often!