• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deeded back - Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Las Vegas 5440 points every other year

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Does HGVC sell these resale deeds directly, without broker involvement?
I don't understand your question.

Are you asking if HGVC owners can resell their timeshares ownership without broker involvement?
If so, yes. Most will use a closing company to handle the transfer (just like a broker would).

skepticalone

Reaction score
I don't understand your question.

Are you asking if HGVC owners can resell their timeshares ownership without broker involvement?
If so, yes. Most will use a closing company to handle the transfer (just like a broker would).
But how do I find owners willing to sell? If I go to HGVC and ask them for specific inventory, can HGVC be the one reaching out to owners inquiring if they are willing to sell?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
But how do I find owners willing to sell? If I go to HGVC and ask them for specific inventory, can HGVC be the one reaching out to owners inquiring if they are willing to sell?
HGVC resells the deeds as full freight developer sale

If you are looking to buy a resale HGVC deed then look to EBay, Redweek or TUG Marketplace.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Would you go to a car dealership and ask them to reach out to owners willing to sell? No
Private sales are not handled through HGVC.

You can find timeshares for sale by owners & brokers on the following site:
TUG Free Timeshare forum (link)
TUG Marketplace (link)
Ebay (link)
Redweek.com (link)
MyResortNetwork.com (link)

skepticalone

Reaction score
Would you go to a car dealership and ask them to reach out to owners willing to sell? No
Private sales are not handled through HGVC.

You can find timeshares for sale by owners & brokers on the following site:
TUG Free Timeshare forum (link)
TUG Marketplace (link)
Ebay (link)
Redweek.com (link)
MyResortNetwork.com (link)
What about the brokers that claim to work directly with HGVC? Some of which well reviewed on here?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
What about the brokers that claim to work directly with HGVC? Some of which well reviewed on here?
Those brokers would simply add the listing to their website.
It is listed like any other ad on their website. There is no special handling or notation on the listing. For example (link)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
You can also post a request for the exact unit you want on a the TUG wish list. Also on FB Hilton resale board.

Also negotiate with seller listings on the sites @dioxide listed. There are many listings available and as end of year maint fees approach many want to dump and avoid another year of maint fees. Now is a good time to start looking.

Lastly, some brokers like JudiK and CarlThoms have access to these deedbacks.

skepticalone

Reaction score
You can also post a request for the exact unit you want on a the TUG wish list. Also on FB Hilton resale board.

Also negotiate with seller listings on the sites @dioxide listed. There are many listings available and as end of year maint fees approach many want to dump and avoid another year of maint fees. Now is a good time to start looking.

Lastly, some brokers like JudiK and CarlThoms have access to these deedbacks.
Can you share the brokers contact info? Many thanks in advance.

Kumo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LV tower 52 unit 3618 Elara
My sign in no longer works on HGV saying I'm no longer a member. THANK YOU everyone on here for a great forum and wealth of information to help ignorant ones ( such as myself ) come to a resolution.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
My sign in no longer works on HGV saying I'm no longer a member. THANK YOU everyone on here for a great forum and wealth of information to help ignorant ones ( such as myself ) come to a resolution.
Thanks for sharing. Congratulations :love:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are looking for a specific unit type that isn’t all that common on resale a broker may be an option. Tell them what you want and they can contact you if they get something. You will pay more than you might through other methods but that is for the service they are providing you.

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
Does HGVC sell these resale deeds directly, without broker involvement?
I am just guessing, I guess, but I'm sure the returned deeds go back into Developer inventory, not to a broker. In the case of EOYs, I would think the EOY deed doesn't need to "naturally" exist. It only exists b/c they convinced someone to buy it. WHen they get it back, they probably match it up with a EOEOy and create a std Annual deed. but who really cares?

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
Can you share the brokers contact info?
I recommend Diane Nadeau. Her contact info is on one of her listing in TUG Marketplace For Sale listings in Hawaii, 3rd or 4th one down: $3000 for Kings Land by HGV, 11200 Points. Quickly clicking thru others will prob get you other brokers. above recs for others will focus you on whom to look for.

ladyR

Reaction score
Get access to the Hilton Grand Vacations Club network of 63+ resorts with a very low maintenance fee of $910.61 (for 2023) paid only ALTERNATE years.
You get 5440 points (4928 remaining for this interval), which equates to a 1 Bedroom, gold season every Odd year starting 2025 (you can access the points beginning immediately using RCI) - so this is a free way to get into the network, or enhance your existing HGVC points.

Maintenance fees are due January 1, 2024. I am willing to split these with the new owner

I will pay all title transfer fees.

Home resort is The Boulevard, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club (Las Vegas) but you can use the points at any HGVC resort or RCI resort (does not include new resorts added via Diamon Resorts acquisition).

- Access to over 60 HGVC resorts across Hawaii, Florida, California, South Carolina, Colorado, Utah, Scotland, Italy, Portugal and other destinations.
- Can use points to book at RCI Resorts - a very large number of destinations worldwide

- Access to book at deeply discounted "open season" rates for travel within 4 weeks. Example 1: For Sep 2023, Hilton Grand Waikikian which is available at $440/night+tax = $1700 for 3 nights to non-owners (via Expedia etc.) is available to HGVC owners at just $208/night (same dates) WITHOUT using any HGVC points.

- Points can also be converted to Hilton HHonors to book at any Hilton hotel (instead of one week, you will likely get only 2-3 nights depending on hotel selected)
- Points can also be used towards club partners including El Monte RV rentals, Yatch rentals, O.A.R.S. Adventure travel, cruises etc.
Hello, is this HGVC resort available? Thank you!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Hi SpaceSkier, would you mind sharing the phone number or email address that you used to start the process of the deedback with HGVC?
Thanks, Tim
Send an email to pfoliosvc@hgvc.com

Telling them that you wish to initiate a voluntary surrender of your ownership. Indicate that your ownership is paid off with no outstanding balance. Ask them to send to you the appropriate forms/paperwork to initiate the voluntary surrender. Include your resort name, resort location, number of points, and contract number.

Here’s a link to the HGVC deed back sticky thread which is located at the top of the HGVC Forum

Last edited:

TIMSCHAEFER

Reaction score
Send an email to pfoliosvc@hgvc.com

Telling them that you wish to initiate a voluntary surrender of your ownership. Indicate that your ownership is paid off with no outstanding balance. Ask them to send to you the appropriate forms/paper to initiate the voluntary surrender. Include your resort name, resort location, number of points, and contract number.

Here’s a link to the HGVC deed back sticky thread which is located at the top of the HGVC Forum

Thanks for the information...I will try that. (I'm concerned though since I still owe on the loan and behind on the HOA fees.)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the information...I will try that. (I'm concerned though since I still owe on the loan and behind on the HOA fees.)
Oh then they will take you down a different path for outstanding loan payments and fees.

The following slide is from HGV's June 2024 investor overview presentation showing their delinquency process (see below).
1725050088860.png

TUG has two sticky threads that you might find helpful. One is tracking credit report & collections. The other is on state specific laws regarding timeshare loans & maintenance fees

Here are some links to previous discussions on the TUG HGVC Forum

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh then they will take you down a different path for outstanding loan payments and fees.

The following slide is from HGV's June 2024 investor overview presentation showing their delinquency process (see below).

TUG has two sticky threads that you might find helpful. One is tracking credit report & collections. The other is on state specific laws regarding timeshare loans & maintenance fees

Here are some links to previous discussions on the TUG HGVC Forum
this is an outstanding diagram, thank you! have added this to the sticky in the HGVC forum!