• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilarious sales presentation experience at Residences / Hilton Midtown New York

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Not sure. She had approached us, asked for our names, checked her print out and said: 'Oh, you bought through a third party. Enjoy your stay' and moved on.

Over the past year, I have either deflected the greeter if my wife isn't with me or they have checked a list and not even brought is up. I attended one in April 2021 (Ocean Enclave) where I was singed up by the greeter and January 2022 (Sea World) where I signed up for a concert package tied to the golf tournament prior to traveling there. There was a greeter at Kings Land last October who carried a clipboard and quickly dismissed me. I must have some type of "bad" code next to my name, which is fine with me.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
There was a greeter at Kings Land last October who carried a clipboard and quickly dismissed me. I must have some type of "bad" code next to my name, which is fine with me.

I just don't shower for a couple of days before checking in. Has the same effect.

Cheers.

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
Just got my “owners update” scheduled for our upcoming NYC stay. I need to make sure I have all my tugbbs talking points ready by memory. I want to see how short I can make our presentation.

“Our HGV Max…” suuuuucks.

Well, we just acquired Bluegreen….” , eh, not interested in low tier locations.

We can offer you….” Let me check the resale listings on my phone, one moment please.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Just got my “owners update” scheduled for our upcoming NYC stay. I need to make sure I have all my tugbbs talking points ready by memory. I want to see how short I can make our presentation.

“Our HGV Max…” suuuuucks.

We can offer you….” Let me check the resale listings on my phone, one moment please.
That is about it....I will be interested to hear what they say about the BG acquisition.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
For this point, you can show them this chart. Do you want me to use my points to book this?
Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 3.19.25 PM.png

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
someone from the BG was commenting on FB how cheap their cash rate is compared to ours and that they can rent a 1 bed at Ocean Tower Beach Club in PCB for $69/night so I sent her this.....

1699388560358.png

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
That is about it....I will be interested to hear what they say about the BG acquisition.
Oh another talking point…I just have 13440 pts from a platinum 2br Elara (retail :( ), so not Elite. Is it true that if I were to get an additional ~9000 pts from a Craig suite resale (2br?), I could get into the elite tier?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is the other chart to see the fee differences.
1699397538025.png

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
Ok thanks. Not so much that I want to get elite, I just want the proper knowledge to counter the salesweasel sales drivel.

I want to be the salesweasles worst nightmare potential customer. I want them to have nightmares the night after their sales presentation to me.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
I want to be the salesweasles worst nightmare potential customer. I want them to have nightmares the night after their sales presentation to me.
I used to be that way. Now, I want it to be mutually pleasant and short. Unless the weasel is a dick. Then the above. Most I've experienced are not, so I don't wish them ill.

Cheers.

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
I used to be that way. Now, I want it to be mutually pleasant and short. Unless the weasel is a dick. Then the above. Most I've experienced are not, so I don't wish them ill.

Cheers.
I’m not yet at that point in my life. I want to make them wish that they were never born.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I want to make them wish that they were never born.
I understand, but personally, I think that you will be attacking the wrong people, IMO.

yodaDaenerys

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Orlando
HGV Max
someone from the BG was commenting on FB how cheap their cash rate is compared to ours and that they can rent a 1 bed at Ocean Tower Beach Club in PCB for $69/night so I sent her this.....

View attachment 83800
do you know if the lower tier properties cost less up front, and/or $MF/pt? basically, is it a good value if you don't mind lower standards of accommodations?

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Once I rejected the $20K-ish upgrade saying ("that's too much, we can only do around $10K"), the salesman said "that's what I thought, in that case, let's get you out of here" and walked us to the elevator/checkin at 9.40am. After we reached the check-in/check-out desk, he ostentatiously ripped the sheet of paper with my deeds list into pieces (I laughed internally). Then, as we were about to enter the elevator, he said "I will call corporate and get you on a do-not-invite list". I said "okay, thank you". He then said the same thing once again with just slightly different words, to which I said "okay" again. My wife and I laughed when the elevator door closed. :LOL::D:p That was the funniest presentation to date. Now waiting for the sweet 100K HH to post.
Since then, I attended another presentation at Elara (where the salesman was like "why did you come to this meeting?", "you guys keep inviting me, and I don't say no", "oh, I'll ensure my team doesn't bother you with these any more"), and was just invited to an update at Parc Soleil during my stay at HGVC SeaWorld this week for 60K HH as body snatchers had me on the list to capture. :D So yeah, do-not-invite list my ass, HGVC!

JimmyQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since then, I attended another presentation at Elara (where the salesman was like "why did you come to this meeting?", "you guys keep inviting me, and I don't say no", "oh, I'll ensure my team doesn't bother you with these any more"), and was just invited to an update at Parc Soleil during my stay at HGVC SeaWorld this week for 60K HH as body snatchers had me on the list to capture. :D So yeah, do-not-invite list my ass, HGVC!
LOL

Typical sales people just trying to get the last word.

I’ve not been to a sales presentation. I’m wondering how all of you get proof of your offer (ie. 60k HH points etc) for attending. What stops the unethical sales people from saying you never attended and then the points don’t show? I guess I worry about this and then having to fight to get them added to my account.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I’m wondering how all of you get proof of your offer (ie. 60k HH points etc) for attending.
You have a written offer.

What stops the unethical sales people from saying you never attended and then the points don’t show?
My proof is a picture I take after I check in, with my smart watch in front, and the waiting area in the background.

I guess I worry about this and then having to fight to get them added to my account.
What happened to me twice is my HH points don't get credited to me until I send an email to HGVC customer service email demanding their end of the deal is fulfilled.