• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

High Energy Front Loader Washing Machines

charford

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had my Kenmore fhigh efficiency front loader for almost 6 years. I've been very happy with it. Some things I learned from the repairman when the washer started to smell of mildew. I used too much detergent - even 1/2 the recommended amount is too much - it caused mildew buildup - yucch. Also keep the door open when not in use to avoid mildew. The washer has a very tight seal, and the residual moisture has no place to go.

vivalour

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out Miele

We bought a pair of Mieles about a year ago and they have been great. No mildew -- great features, simple to use.

We also did some heavy-duty research before buying, using many on-line sources incl Consumers Reports, and found that the only negative about Miele was the price. (We call them our two BMWs in the laundry room.) They do require their own HE detergent, not cheap at $40 a box where we live, but it has lasted over a year since you need so little per wash.

Things to watch for with these and some other front loaders: they have to be properly installed and leveled. They can vibrate quite a bit at high speed and could fly across the laundry room floor if not properly secured.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an LG front load Tromm washer too, and we love it! We also bought the Sears Warranty for three years. The only problem I can think of... is the shortest cycle is 30 minutes. But our clothes come out really clean and almost dry. My son plays football and my old twenty year old GE, did not get his uniform clean. My new LG gets them really clean! It also has a steam option, when you need to freshing up clothes, when there is not enough time to wash. It also has it's own built-in heater! Once last comment, My son is in high school and some of his friends commented on the "neat" lights and "cool" sounds the unit makes! All in all we are very happy with our purchase!

We found ourselves standing in front of our LG Tromm's when they were new "watching" how it did the wash, it's cycles and such. Our college age'd son's girl friend commented the other day how cool a machine it is. It was a lot of money to a cheap skate like me, but they have been a good investment.

maddaug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got the Frigidaire frontloader washer and dryer delivered last Sat. WOW, I washed everything I could find. I too wish I wouldn't have waited to replace our old washer and dryer. I am impressed at how dry the clothes after washing.
We stacked them and I like it!!!!! Saved us some space!!