• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC's Deed Back Process

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Its has been up for sale for £600 for quite a few years
I bet if you put it up on the HGVC FB group, someone will want it. If it is being sold by Andrew, then they can just work through him to close and be elite eligible. I know a person on the FB groups that has been looking at them. I will ping him and direct him to this thread.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
You should have a copy when you bought it. You would have signed it and then the sellers. It is on page 11 of my purchase agreements. I am not sure non-payment in Scotland would lead to debt collectors in the US but I have not tried that and I am not sure how it would impact other weeks that you own. I would think that it would just impact this holiday certificate.

View attachment 88916
I am actually based in Scotland - word is that if you dont pay then the debt collectors will be after you and you will get taken to court. I feel so trapped in this timeshare and cant see a way out.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
I bet if you put it up on the HGVC FB group, someone will want it. If it is being sold by Andrew, then they can just work through him to close and be elite eligible. I know a person on the FB groups that has been looking at them. I will ping him and direct him to this thread.
thank you its week 8 sleeps 4 - gold i think.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am actually based in Scotland - word is that if you dont pay then the debt collectors will be after you and you will get taken to court. I feel so trapped in this timeshare and cant see a way out.
oh....that is different...you can't hide in the US...

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Thank you

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
its gold i believe - its a sleeps 4 1 bedroom with a pull down bed in lounge.
They are fixed weeks there so it would have an assigned week during gold season

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thought I'd post an update on my progress I phoned the telephone number mentioned by @Greeneyedscorpio the lady was very helpful, I explained i had a lodge week at Craigendarroch Scotland - she said I would need to speak to the club people. She put me through to them. They said that I cannot hand my deed back I have to sell it as Its like owning a house you cant just hand it back. Im not sure if i am being fobbed off. To be clear we own the week we have outright - its a gold week all we pay is the annual maintenance fees. Its has been up for sale for £600 for quite a few years. Andrew at Craigendarroch is reluctant for us to drop the price (would of thought it would be up to us really). TBH I'd let it go for nothing. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks for this update.
HGVC manages several properties that they don't own.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 6.17.20 AM.png

ScottishTSOwner previously reported that he had signed the surrender agreement back in December but as February 1st, he still hadn't received documents to notarize from HGVC Portfolio Services.

I believe he was able to sell and/or giveaway several HGVC weeks except for the Lodges at Craigendarroch weeks (link) and a Parc Soleil week in Orlando (link) which are listed on TUG's Free Timeshare Forum.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
Thanks for this update.
HGVC manages several properties that they don't own.

View attachment 88945

ScottishTSOwner previously reported that he had signed the surrender agreement back in December but as February 1st, he still hadn't received documents to notarize from HGVC Portfolio Services.

I believe he was able to sell and/or giveaway several HGVC weeks except for the Lodges at Craigendarroch weeks (link) and a Parc Soleil week in Orlando (link) which are listed on TUG's Free Timeshare Forum.
Thanks I think that’s going to be my plan

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Update on my deed back process so far.

My deeds were:
ContractPropertyRoom TypeSeasonPoints
35-38123ElaraStudioGold2560
35-38131Elara Even1 BedroomGold5440
35-38132ElaraStudioPlatinum3520
35-38181ElaraStudioPlatinum/New Year3520
34-25214Flamingo1 BedroomGold5440
34-25215Flamingo1 BedroomGold5440
37-29681Paradise1 BedroomGold5440

Timeline:
12/4/24: Emailed pfoliosvc@hgvc.com
12/11/24: Received surrender agreement in first post to sign which I returned same day.
12/12/24: Received warranty deeds to notarize/sign.
12/15/24: Signed warranty deeds delivered.
1/8/24: One of Flamingo deed recorded.
2/5/24: Another Flamingo deed recorded.
2/20/24: Four Elara deeds recorded.
2/21/24: Paradise deed recorded.

Initially I thought the two Flamingo deeds recorded were related to my trade in transaction until I looked up the parcel numbers. Can't see content of Las Vegas deeds without paying. What's weird is the value reported for each transaction. Have one Flamingo deed at $24k and another at a bit over $1k. All four Elara's are under $1k each.

All seven deeds still show up under my ownership with MFs still due. Wondering if they are waiting for all deeds to be recorded before doing anything or they are just slow about making the changes to my account.

It seems HGVC is really slow about recording deeds. Just for some perspective I signed a trade in deal to trade in 2 LV and 2 NYC deeds for a LV and Hawaii deed on 12/1/24. So far they have only recorded the 2 LV trades. Still waiting on 2 NYC trade and my new LV/Hawaii deeds to record. They did update my new ownership and removed trades on my account around mid December.

I'll probably follow up on Friday to ask them to remove the recorded deeds from my ownership list. The MF are overdue beyond the 45 day grace period. They said I don't have to pay them but I do wonder if that is properly communicated/reflected on my account. I'm using my points for a friend for a stay starting 3/2 and I heard being behind on MFs can cause reservations to be cancelled and don't want that to happen.
That is great that you have seen such progress on the Deed Back Program. I went to a presentation last night from a company thcalled Encore Law. Their program would "legally" remove a timeshare from your ownership for a fee. The HGVC Deed Back Program certainly seems like a better way to go. Has anyone had any expertience with Encore Law for timeshares in other systems that don't offer a Deed Back Program?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is great that you have seen such progress on the Deed Back Program. I went to a presentation last night from a company thcalled Encore Law. Their program would "legally" remove a timeshare from your ownership for a fee. The HGVC Deed Back Program certainly seems like a better way to go. Has anyone had any expertience with Encore Law for timeshares in other systems that don't offer a Deed Back Program?
Encore Law sounds like one of the companies that John Oliver warned people about.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Encore Law sounds like one of the companies that John Oliver warned people about.
I agree and didn't go for the program, however, I thought that it was important to post this to find out if anyone has any experience with this company.

bheth1982

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WYNDHAM FLAGSTAFF
no loan
Do you have an outstanding loan?
Please share the terms and condtions listed with the hardship document. I'm wondering how it differs from the T&Cs in Post #1.
Thank you,
Noo outstanding loan, MF paid up to date, I requested Surrender of the membership, they request to fill and send back the documents in order to verify if applicable for surrender

Attachments

• HILTON HARDSHIP.pdf
    342.2 KB · Views: 44

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Small update. I e-mailed them yesterday asking when the deeds will be removed from my account. Their response is below. I checked account this morning and one of my Flamingo deeds is gone as well as the 2024 points. Had a F1 home week booking that is still place so they just took from existing pool of points. I'm assuming it's the one recorded on 1/8/24. So about 45 days after recording and 25 days to record.

Once the deed is accepted you will receive an email allowing you to know the status on the account.
This process may take 30-90 days, once it’s completed you will receive a No Longer Owner letter.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked account again. My 2024 points is back and my F1 home week reservation is gone. No e-mail about cancellation. Maybe i'll get it later today. Wonder if it's because it's such a popular week or they do it regardless. When I traded in W57 New Year deed they just took my points and kept my new year reservations in place. Maybe a different process for deeds with holiday weeks.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just checked account again. My 2024 points is back and my F1 home week reservation is gone. No e-mail about cancellation. Maybe i'll get it later today. Wonder if it's because it's such a popular week or they do it regardless. When I traded in W57 New Year deed they just took my points and kept my new year reservations in place. Maybe a different process for deeds with holiday weeks.
Probably because it was a HW for a deed that you no longer own

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
no loan

Thank you,
Noo outstanding loan, MF paid up to date, I requested Surrender of the membership, they request to fill and send back the documents in order to verify if applicable for surrender

Thank you for sharing their hardship document. The form you shared seems to imply that payments are outstanding (see screen capture below).

I suggest that you contact them again and explain that someone misunderstood your request.
Let them know that you received a hardship form but you have no outstanding loans or maintenance fees with HGVC. You simply want to give back (surrender) your week(s) for free to HGVC.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 10.27.19 AM.png

Last edited:

bheth1982

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WYNDHAM FLAGSTAFF
Thank you for sharing their hardship document. The form you shared seems to imply that payments are outstanding (see screen capture below).

I suggest that you contact them again and explain that someone misunderstood your request.
Let them know that you received a hardship form but you have no outstanding loans or maintenance fees with HGVC. You simply want to give back (surrender) your week(s) for free to HGVC.

Thank you, I did request a review, explain Loan is been paid since a long time ago, their reply was just to add a box with the option "Surrender" at the bottom of the page... they say I need to send hardship documents in order to verify if they can send a surrender offer to me.

Tracyyy3

Reaction score
Taken longer than a week to get back to me.
I signed the Voluntary Surrender document in December, but have heard nothing back, tried chasing them regularly throughout January which have had some responses but none that the answer the question.

Any idea on best e-mail address to use to get.a response?
I filled their online contact form again yesterday.
Check the county public records where your property was located. If the deed is recorded then you're all good. If you can get a copy of it & save it as a PDF to your computer... do that for your records. Typically they will send you a No Longer Owners letter when it is complete.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Thank you, I did request a review, explain Loan is been paid since a long time ago, their reply was just to add a box with the option "Surrender" at the bottom of the page... they say I need to send hardship documents in order to verify if they can send a surrender offer to me.

@Snezz1e, @funnywoman, @sharadbags, @Springmills, @DogLover1234, @Greeneyedscorpio and anyone else

Have you been asked to complete a hardship form (as described above) for a surrender with no outstanding loan or maintenance fees?

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
I got a response re hilton craigendarroch. Looks like I can’t hand my deed back but read on and you will see some can.
My question is I keep reading about points etc. is there a club you can join to swap your timeshare or bank timeshare for points to use elsewhere? I have heard of rci is there a Hilton equivalent and is this any good in Europe. I’ve been told there’s going to be an announcement tevdiamond resorts basically looking for some flexibility there swap or bank points to use elsewhere.

Here’s response I got ….
I refer to your recent enquiry regarding the potential to relinquish your ownership of the above and I can advise you that Hilton Grand Vacations in Scotland has voluntarily introduced a deed back policy to assist Owners who find themselves with a change in their personal circumstances.

This is not something that your Owners Club has arranged and is being offered by Hilton Grand Vacations on a no obligation basis.

The conditions which need to prevail to allow Hilton Grand Vacations to consider taking the week back into ownership are:

1. In the event of death of a spouse/joint owner
2. Should a beneficiary decide they do not wish to inherit
3. In the case of bankruptcy of the sole or joint owner
4. In the event that a sole or joint owner is unable to travel to their home resort due to long term illness – we would require a letter from your GP/Consultant confirming you are unable to travel due to ill health

In all cases the maintenance fees payable to your Owners Club for the week in question must be fully up to date.

Due to the high level of in interest in this policy and the potential financial liability attached to it, Hilton Grand Vacations has chosen at this time to limit the number of weeks that it will take back in any year to 25. In addition to this there is a timeframe in which all such requests will be considered which is between 1 April and 30September.

If you feel you meet these condition please contact Sales Administration at Hilton Grand Vacations on the address below either by emailhgvcsalesadmin@hgv.com or post once the 2024 window reopens so we can send out the relevant forms for completion, there is always the option of you selling the lodge privately all we ask is that if you do sell it privately that you contact this office so we can send out the relevant details for a private transfer of ownership, in the meantime whilst your lodge is on our resale listing our sales team will do their utmost best to acquire a sale for you, if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got a response re hilton craigendarroch. Looks like I can’t hand my deed back but read on and you will see some can.
My question is I keep reading about points etc. is there a club you can join to swap your timeshare or bank timeshare for points to use elsewhere? I have heard of rci is there a Hilton equivalent and is this any good in Europe. I’ve been told there’s going to be an announcement tevdiamond resorts basically looking for some flexibility there swap or bank points to use elsewhere.

Here’s response I got ….
I refer to your recent enquiry regarding the potential to relinquish your ownership of the above and I can advise you that Hilton Grand Vacations in Scotland has voluntarily introduced a deed back policy to assist Owners who find themselves with a change in their personal circumstances.

This is not something that your Owners Club has arranged and is being offered by Hilton Grand Vacations on a no obligation basis.

The conditions which need to prevail to allow Hilton Grand Vacations to consider taking the week back into ownership are:

1. In the event of death of a spouse/joint owner
2. Should a beneficiary decide they do not wish to inherit
3. In the case of bankruptcy of the sole or joint owner
4. In the event that a sole or joint owner is unable to travel to their home resort due to long term illness – we would require a letter from your GP/Consultant confirming you are unable to travel due to ill health

In all cases the maintenance fees payable to your Owners Club for the week in question must be fully up to date.

Due to the high level of in interest in this policy and the potential financial liability attached to it, Hilton Grand Vacations has chosen at this time to limit the number of weeks that it will take back in any year to 25. In addition to this there is a timeframe in which all such requests will be considered which is between 1 April and 30September.

If you feel you meet these condition please contact Sales Administration at Hilton Grand Vacations on the address below either by emailhgvcsalesadmin@hgv.com or post once the 2024 window reopens so we can send out the relevant forms for completion, there is always the option of you selling the lodge privately all we ask is that if you do sell it privately that you contact this office so we can send out the relevant details for a private transfer of ownership, in the meantime whilst your lodge is on our resale listing our sales team will do their utmost best to acquire a sale for you, if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
You can swap in II and SFX.

I do find it interesting that folks on FB keep saying that sale's folks have told them that HGV is pulling back all deeds to go to a trust only....well, this response proves that is not true.

JD727272

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Craigendarroch
You can swap in II and SFX.

I do find it interesting that folks on FB keep saying that sale's folks have told them that HGV is pulling back all deeds to go to a trust only....well, this response proves that is not true.
Sorry I do not understand what swap in 1 and Sfx means? At least that’s answers the question for sole who have lost a spouse etc.