• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Rescission letter help (2018)

sublimeaaron

Reaction score
I'm looking to rescind within the 10 day period I'm on the 5th day right now and I need help. What exactly do I write?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
A simple letter that states your name(s), the contract or reference number, and a statement saying that you want to rescind the contract. No need to give a reason. It must be signed by all of the same people that signed the original purchase contract.

Then send it via certified USPS mail so that you have proof of it being sent.

Kurt

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
You could also include a copy of the face page of your contract for identification.

BTW, they may contact you to talk you about it. Do not talk to them!
They even may say, "Before we process, we want to confirm..." That's a ruse.
You will be talking to a salesman, not the peep who process the rescission.

HGVC as a company will do the right thing, but the salespeep are weasels.

chrismsa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I signed the contract on 12/29/17. I sent the Rescission letter on 01/02/18 via certified USPS mail and they received it on 01/05/18. Until now, I have not received any refund. I am looking for the next step if I don't get the refund.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I signed the contract on 12/29/17. I sent the Rescission letter on 01/02/18 via certified USPS mail and they received it on 01/05/18. Until now, I have not received any refund.

Florida law gives them 20 days after notice of cancellation to issue a refund
or five days after a check clears, whichever is later. (Sec.721.10(3), Fla.Stat.)
Other states may allow more time. So, hold your horses, Hos.

If you charged it to a CC, you could dispute the charge (up to 2 billing cycles),
but that shouldn't be necessary.

Aside from the weasels in the sales division, HGVC is a stand-up company.

Last edited:

sublimeaaron

Reaction score
Thank you all. Sent in my rescission letter on time and received an email confirming they'll get on the cancellation process ASAP. Now I'm waiting up to 20 days for a full refund into the Hilton Honors American Express credit card I put my deposit on.

Melifluonze

Reaction score
I received my refund to Amex in just a couple of days... the other fees on my United card are taking way longer, but I was sent "proof" of their internal refund request...

redma2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HG
Hello I am new to the group and also to the timeshares. I was sucked in to a sales pitch this weekend at kingsland HI and signed up for a Tuscany village 2BK for 19K USD and I later realized I may not be able to afford it at that price accounting the yearly maintenance and found out abt the 7days cancellation clause since I bought it in HI state. The contract said I could send a cancellation letter via certified mail with a return receipt but nothing was open this late in the evening except for fedex. so I sent it via FEDEX overnight. Fedex said their online receipt/tracking printout will serve the same purpose and FEDEX never does certified mail. Am I OK or do you think I should mail the same letter via USPS certified mail while I still have time (first thing tomm morning since my deadine to send the letter would be Dec 14th).
Please advise if anyone else had used fedex and it worked smooth.
Thanks in advance. The letter is mailed out to Honolulu HI from TX.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Under Hawaii statutes, the notice may be hand delivered or mailed.
-- Hawaii Statutes § 514E-8
In theory, hand delivery can be done via courier service; however,
it could be construed to mean in-person delivery, so to be safe...
I'd mail it via USPS, too.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello I am new to the group and also to the timeshares. I was sucked in to a sales pitch this weekend at kingsland HI and signed up for a Tuscany village 2BK for 19K USD and I later realized I may not be able to afford it at that price accounting the yearly maintenance and found out abt the 7days cancellation clause since I bought it in HI state. The contract said I could send a cancellation letter via certified mail with a return receipt but nothing was open this late in the evening except for fedex. so I sent it via FEDEX overnight. Fedex said their online receipt/tracking printout will serve the same purpose and FEDEX never does certified mail. Am I OK or do you think I should mail the same letter via USPS certified mail while I still have time (first thing tomm morning since my deadine to send the letter would be Dec 14th).
It doesn't matter when they receive your rescission letter, only when you send it. As long as you send it by the deadline (Dec 14 in your case), you are fine. Since it says in the contract to send a letter via the USPS, if I were you I would send another letter via certified mail just to be on the safe side. As long as it is postmarked by the 14th, you are golden.

Kurt

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Just make sure that you follow the instructions exactly, to the address provided and have everyone who signed the original contract sign the rescission letter.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you SURE that sending the rescission to the resort is what they want? I really don't think this is where the Business office is located. Research your contract. The correct address is required to be there. For the price of USPS Certified, you can ensure that the rescission will happen and you will save thousands. Sent to the wrong address will only delay and complicate the process.

Jim

redma2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HG
Are you SURE that sending the rescission to the resort is what they want? I really don't think this is where the Business office is located. Research your contract. The correct address is required to be there. For the price of USPS Certified, you can ensure that the rescission will happen and you will save thousands. Sent to the wrong address will only delay and complicate the process.

Jim
Yes we did the tour & presentation on the big island and the rescission address given on the contract was in Honolulu HI. thanks for the tip. I did a USPS certified with a return receipt. Waiting for the refund. Thank you all for the help. :)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes we did the tour & presentation on the big island and the rescission address given on the contract was in Honolulu HI. thanks for the tip. I did a USPS certified with a return receipt. Waiting for the refund. Thank you all for the help. :)
Congrats on the rescission. The refund may take up to 45 days, but most people see it in 2-3 weeks.

Kurt

redma2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HG
Hello again.. I got the down payment money refunded back to my CC and also I did get an email confirming the cancellation of the contract. Thanks a lot for all your help on this forum. This is a great find.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Hello again.. I got the down payment money refunded back to my CC and also I did get an email confirming the cancellation of the contract. Thanks a lot for all your help on this forum. This is a great find.

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!

LocoSurf

Reaction score
Just wanted to document my experience here for future viewers. We purchased a HGV on 2/21/19, woke up the next morning with extreme buyer remorse. I re-called in the contract about the 10-day rescind window when signing. My wife & I drafted a rescission letter and sent it to the address, certified mail receipt, listed on the contract on 2/23/19. The confirmation number stated that it was received on 2/25/19. We shall see how this transpires. Transaction was done in Florida.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Just wanted to document my experience here for future viewers. We purchased a HGV on 2/21/19, woke up the next morning with extreme buyer remorse. I re-called in the contract about the 10-day rescind window when signing. My wife & I drafted a rescission letter and sent it to the address, certified mail receipt, listed on the contract on 2/23/19. The confirmation number stated that it was received on 2/25/19. We shall see how this transpires. Transaction was done in Florida.

Congrats on saving a bunch of money! They are by law required to honor your rescission. You were well within the rescission period so you should be fine. HGVC seems to be doing these pretty quickly lately, so hopefully this will be fast. The can take up to 45 days and they are not required to give you an update.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Your gut for buyers remorse was great. Congratulations on the money you saved. Being an hgvc owner buying resale I can say I love the system. I hope you stick around tug and see if resale would work for you. Welcome to tug.

Last edited:

Eth03

Reaction score
I also want to add we rescinded a HGV contract around the same time, 100% because I read the comments in this forum. So thank you for saving my husband and I a ton of money and anxiety! We followed the directions in the contract and sent certified mail on 2/20/2019 to the provided address. We only had 5 days to rescind as the transaction was done in Nevada.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also want to add we rescinded a HGV contract around the same time, 100% because I read the comments in this forum. So thank you for saving my husband and I a ton of money and anxiety! We followed the directions in the contract and sent certified mail on 2/20/2019 to the provided address. We only had 5 days to rescind as the transaction was done in Nevada.

Congrats on saving thousands! Take a look at resale units. HGVC is a really good system that treats their owners, even resale ones, very well.

LocoSurf

Reaction score
UPDATE: So we mailed the certified letter on Saturday 2/23/19, we had confirmed receipt on 2/25/19. I just checked our account this morning 3/5/19 and the money has been credited!!! I did not expect that the process would be that smooth or quick & we are beyond thankful for finding this thread!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE: So we mailed the certified letter on Saturday 2/23/19, we had confirmed receipt on 2/25/19. I just checked our account this morning 3/5/19 and the money has been credited!!! I did not expect that the process would be that smooth or quick & we are beyond thankful for finding this thread!

Congrats

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Great - glad you found the site and saved some money. Exhale ...... The second good news is, you found the site and after exhaling you can spend some time to see if a timeshare is something that could work for you, on your price and terms .....