• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC - point conversion to Hilton Honors or RCI

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Remember that you cannot convert saved HGVC points to HH points. So if you have already saved the points, your only two choices are to use them for HGVC booking or use/deposit with RCI. There is no conversion to HH at that point.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Seems the best way to use HGVC points within the time period before they expire. Else convert them to RCI so you get some more time to use them. Both give resort like experience- kitchen etc and week long stays.
If all else is not possible, convert to HH points, so they are worth something. HH may not maxmize the number of hotel days, also no kitchen also many times.

Deal with expiring points by saving them to the following year, so they retain their HGVC character.
Alternatively, book an RCI stay that uses the points... without making an RCI deposit.
It's better to book a future-year RCI stay with HGVC points than with Deposited RCI points,
in case of a later cancellation, as I explain elsewhere.

BTW, if convert next-year points to HHonors, they won't post to your HH account until January!
Meanwhile, you'll have lost the use of those points in HGVC-land.

Last edited:

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
Deal with expiring points by saving them to the following year, so they retain their HGVC character.
Alternatively, book an RCI stay that uses the points... without making an RCI deposit.
It's better to book a future-year RCI stay with HGVC points than with Deposited RCI points,
in case of a later cancellation, as I explain elsewhere.

BTW, if convert next-year points to HHonors, they won't post to your HH account until January!
Meanwhile, you'll have lost the use of those points in HGVC-land.

Hilton honors are overlooked with HGV members IMO. HGV points are cheap during weekdays and HH room night costs are usually same weekend and weekdays, plus get 5th night free with 4 nights booked and opens up far more cities to pick. Having both provides a lot of flexibility, especially in Europe. Not for everyone or every year, but has its uses.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Juat as a fallback position, I want to know..... if you book a current HH booking with HGVC points (20:1 conversion for me), and then cancel that reservation. Do the points stay in HH or do they go back to HGVC?

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
So, what happens if one books a Rci with hgvc points and then need to Canx the Rci stay but it’s after the saved hgvc points have expired? I assume you get nil? If one had deposited with Rci 1st, would he still get Rci usage for the rest of the 2years? As someone who books a year out in Rci, I could see this scenario occurring.

Magus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Elara, Paradise, The District, Kings Land; Craigendarroch Suites
Does any one think Hilton Honor points are worth much? They give you so few days of stay in Hilton hotels not resorts. Looking for opnions. Thx

HH is a lot more hit or miss. It works well in some circumstances - buy 4 get 5th night free with points helps a lot as does weekend point costs are usually same as weekdays (while massively higher for timeshare points). Also some very high expense locations sometimes (eg Maldives). HH also has basically unlimited location flexibility any time. I personally would prefer HH points over RCI but using within HGV significantly more valuable most of the time.

tah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Juat as a fallback position, I want to know..... if you book a current HH booking with HGVC points (20:1 conversion for me), and then cancel that reservation. Do the points stay in HH or do they go back to HGVC?

I asked a customer service rep this once; they said they stay in your HH account. But I have no actual experience

Last edited: