• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HELP!!

Setlee

Reaction score
Hello,
I appreciate any help in this matter as I’m literally physically sick from this with panic attacks, can’t eat or sleep…
Stupidly, my husband and I agreed to a timeshare through Wyndham worldmark.
As we left, I had immediate regret, my gut feeling was screaming this is not right for us.
We signed 7/2, signed up for their credit card and payed in full using that.. 7/3 I sent the below email to the address listed on the contract:
Re: ABC & XYZ, Member number 00xxxxxxxx

Good morning,
Please accept this as the written request to cancel the contract and any charges associated with the contract that what signed yesterday 07/02/2024 at xx, CA.

This email is sent on 07/03/2024, one day after the contract was signed and well within our legal rights of rescission.

A copy of this written cancellation request is forthcoming via Facsimile (407) 626-6753and U.S Certified Mail:
Wyndham Resort Development Cooperation
Attn: Recession Department
6277 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

Please send confirmation receipt of this email as well as member cancellation confirmation.

I realize I also need to send it via certified mail and fax to cover all my bases, this will be done tomorrow since everything is closed today (7/4). Still within the 7 days of cancellation listed in our contract. I will add in that letter that I want a full refund.

Can someone please calm my mind, we will get a full refund even if we put the full amount on the new credit card, right?
I saw some threads saying cancellation has to be sent to a PO Box, our contract has two different addresses, the one for the one the Florida address mentioned above and then it has a travel and leisure with the same address and a sidekick part with a PO Box in Florida.
Should I send the same to all?
Please let me know how I cover all my babies to be taken out of this contract and not having to pay anything, so I can stop feeling like this…

I really really appreciate it!!!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are unsure, send to all the addresses. Make sure you pay for USPS tracking. I don't bother with return receipt because some of the mail goes to a PO Box and it can take ages for the recipient to pick up mail from USPS post office.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are rescinding per the terms of the contract, then you are covered. You will get a full refund, though that credit card won't be closed as that was a separate application directly between you and American Express. Do note, they aren't required to notify you or provide you a status of the cancellation. Regardless if you ask them to or not. Just make sure you have sent it to the address in the contract. It can also be a good idea to also send just a plain stamped letter in addition to the Certified Mail. Certified Mail tends to be slow. At least two recognized methods of delivery are suggested.

If the contract doesn't have a fax number or email address in the rescission instructions, then those may not be recognized. Send it to the address in the rescission section of the contract.

Setlee

Reaction score
If you are rescinding per the terms of the contract, then you are covered. You will get a full refund, though that credit card won't be closed as that was a separate application directly between you and American Express. Do note, they aren't required to notify you or provide you a status of the cancellation. Regardless if you ask them to or not. Just make sure you have sent it to the address in the contract. It can also be a good idea to also send just a plain stamped letter in addition to the Certified Mail. Certified Mail tends to be slow. At least two recognized methods of delivery are suggested.

If the contract doesn't have a fax number or email address in the rescission instructions, then those may not be recognized. Send it to the address in the rescission section of the contract.
Thank you!! I will send via regular letter too, that’s a good idea.
It does have the email and fax there too, it says it can be mailed, faxed emailed or hand delivered (this is the only one that I am not doing).
I feel like I read through the contract over and over trying to make sure I have all the instructions and addresses clear. I’m just so stressed and don’t want to miss anything.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@Setlee You can take a deep breath now. Congrats on savings thousands of dollars.

Note that they may now call explaining that they must speak to you to process the rescission. That would be a lie. They will only want to speak to you to try and talk you out if it. Ignore their calls and your rescission will still be processed.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you!! I will send via regular letter too, that’s a good idea.
It does have the email and fax there too, it says it can be mailed, faxed emailed or hand delivered (this is the only one that I am not doing).
I feel like I read through the contract over and over trying to make sure I have all the instructions and addresses clear. I’m just so stressed and don’t want to miss anything.
If all of them are there, then you really don't need to send Certified Mail if you've already emailed and will be faxing it in. Just send via First Class Mail (regular letter with a stamp) and request a Certificate of Mailing. That Certificate of Mailing will provide you with a postmark stamp from the Post Office and shows the address it was sent to and from.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
@Setlee You are going to be fine, and released from this contract. It is likely that the credit card outfit may balk at canceling the card, but I'd say to not cancel it before the sale is refunded. (Unless you want) the card.

They are under no legal obligation to inform you of the rescission, but they MUST process it. It might be stressful, and take as much as 45 days for the refund. It probably will be refunded sooner. Just watch that CC account.

Welcome to TUG. If TS still interests you, stick around and learn about how to do it for a LOT less money.

Buy Re$ale, $ave thou$and$!

Jim

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If you like what you learned about the Worldmark System just not the Developer Cost check out resell. You can get a resell account for as little as 10 cents per Credit ie a 20,000 Credit Account for $2,000. Resell Worldmark has full access to the 90+ Worldmark Resorts, Bonus Time, Monday Madness, and Inventory Specials. The Housekeeping Tokens and Guest Certificates are the same. Maintenance Fees will be the same. You will have to pay for WIFI, II, and RCI. You will not have access to Club Pass or Wyndham South Pacific. One Site to look at is www.wmowners.com/forum. This is by Worldmark Members for Worldmark Members.

Setlee

Reaction score
@Setlee You can take a deep breath now. Congrats on savings thousands of dollars.

Note that they may now call explaining that they must speak to you to process the rescission. That would be a lie. They will only want to speak to you to try and talk you out if it. Ignore their calls and your rescission will still be processed.
Thank you!! I am definitely expecting their call, good to know I do not need to do anything further.

Setlee

Reaction score
@Setlee You are going to be fine, and released from this contract. It is likely that the credit card outfit may balk at canceling the card, but I'd say to not cancel it before the sale is refunded. (Unless you want) the card.

They are under no legal obligation to inform you of the rescission, but they MUST process it. It might be stressful, and take as much as 45 days for the refund. It probably will be refunded sooner. Just watch that CC account.

Welcome to TUG. If TS still interests you, stick around and learn about how to do it for a LOT less money.

Buy Re$ale, $ave thou$and$!

Jim
Thank you for your response Jim.
I’m not concerned about the card itself (I could cancel it or just not use it until they cancel it for no usage lol) it’s definitely the charge that was made on it that concerns me and I need to have refunded.

Good to know, I will take a breath and trust that it will be cancelled and refunded, thank you!!

Setlee

Reaction score
Congratulations on making the right decision in time to avoid a bad contract. You've avoided what many unfortunately have not.
I’m still anxious about it, thinking maybe I missed something maybe they put something in writing somewhere in the contract that’s impossible to see unless you’re like a lawyer lol
We did get a text from the sales person saying he saw the cancelled it, but I still went ahead and faxed and mailed it by certified mail.. I called today and they said they see my request for cancellation but it will take 6-8 weeks to get approved and processed, which again spiked my anxiety - is there a risk it won’t get approved?! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Just really crossing my fingers because at this point I don’t think there is anything else I can do but wait..

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
That's the right address for Wyndham.

Please try to relax. You have a reprieve from the angst of buying developer. When you are able to relax a little, be sure to come back here and ask advice on what to buy. There are some fantastic deals out there, you just need to find the one that is right for you, and you will save big bucks over buying direct.

Welcome to TUG!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We did get a text from the sales person saying he saw the cancelled it, but I still went ahead and faxed and mailed it by certified mail.. I called today and they said they see my request for cancellation but it will take 6-8 weeks to get approved and processed, which again spiked my anxiety - is there a risk it won’t get approved?! 🤦🏻‍♀️
Just really crossing my fingers because at this point I don’t think there is anything else I can do but wait..
Relax! Go find a nice shady place with a view and order an adult beverage. You'll be fine. They have NO- ZERO- ZILCH chance that your rescission won't be approved. The law is clear. They MUST process it. 6-8 weeks sounds excessive, but we are kind of used to telling folks that it can take up to 45 days for the refund to be posted to their credit card. They are under no obligation to inform you of the progress or completion of your rescission, so if you're anxious, refill the ol' valium prescription, and ride it out. Hang around TUG. Send Brian the $`15 to join and shop vacations and resale timeshares.

Jim

Setlee

Reaction score
Relax! Go find a nice shady place with a view and order an adult beverage. You'll be fine. They have NO- ZERO- ZILCH chance that your rescission won't be approved. The law is clear. They MUST process it. 6-8 weeks sounds excessive, but we are kind of used to telling folks that it can take up to 45 days for the refund to be posted to their credit card. They are under no obligation to inform you of the progress or completion of your rescission, so if you're anxious, refill the ol' valium prescription, and ride it out. Hang around TUG. Send Brian the $`15 to join and shop vacations and resale timeshares.

Jim
Thank you!!! This website has been so helpful and i appreciate all the nice people replying and helping out! Once this whole ordeal is over and done with, we will definitely join and check out affordable ways to do this!

Thanks again!!! 🙏