• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help me out of Wyndham hooks

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would also suggest you check your paperwork again very closely. They are legally required to provide you the information on how to rescind. They just make it as hard to find as possible. If you truly cant find it, then you can find info in the thread that was already mentioned.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Help, signed Timeshare contact with Wyndham Vacations Resorts Inc. in New York City yesterday December 5, 2019. The Document states that we have 7 business days to cancel, they however did not provide any info as to how to rescind in the contract. The address for the seller is Wyndham Vacation Resorts inc. is 6277 Sea Harbor Dr, Orlando FL 3281 as per the purchase agreement. Is that the address we send the letter of rescind to?

That is one of the correct addresses. Here’s also a PO Box one.

Write rescission letter that you wish to rescind per the 7 day rescission period. Be sure the rescission letter has your name (and your SO’s if he/she also bought), signature (and SO’s if he/she also bought), your address, contract number, today’s date, request for a refund, and no further charges. Might be also good to include a copy of the signature page.

Send USPS certified. Retain copies of whatever you send out. I attached the rescission instructions that Wyndham hid from you.

Don’t accept any calls from Wyndham. It will take at most 45 days to get your refund. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?

Attachments

• 59BF17F6-28CD-4C58-B398-3533D86F71D2.jpeg
    59BF17F6-28CD-4C58-B398-3533D86F71D2.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 49

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@T-Dot-Traveller are you surprised I have the Wyndham rescission addresses, with screenshots, readily available? ;);)

Wyndham apparently has two sets of rescission addresses. One for west and one for east coast.

Shayna2

Reaction score
That is one of the correct addresses. Here’s also a PO Box one.

Write rescission letter that you wish to rescind per the 7 day rescission period. Be sure the rescission letter has your name (and your SO’s if he/she also bought), signature (and SO’s if he/she also bought), your address, contract number, today’s date, request for a refund, and no further charges. Might be also good to include a copy of the signature page.

Send USPS certified. Retain copies of whatever you send out. I attached the rescission instructions that Wyndham hid from you.

Don’t accept any calls from Wyndham. It will take at most 45 days to get your refund. Mind sharing how much you’d save with rescission?
Thank you, wish I found this site sooner. Really appreciate the help.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you.
To track how much TS owners saved, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score

Interested to know what your offer was. We were offered 1 million points for $253,000 so it had to have been better than that.

Midtown 45 is the toughest sales I've ever encountered.

Shayna2

Reaction score
I would also suggest you check your paperwork again very closely. They are legally required to provide you the information on how to rescind. They just make it as hard to find as possible. If you truly cant find it, then you can find info in the thread that was already mentioned.
We went through the entire document, they did not include the instructions on how to rescind. Thank goodness I found this site

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went through the entire document, they did not include the instructions on how to rescind. Thank goodness I found this site

if there are no recession instructions you should report them to the attorney general of the state where you made your purchase. They have violated the law and will be fined.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
if there are no recession instructions you should report them to the attorney general of the state where you made your purchase. They have violated the law and will be fined.
They really don't have to have instructions on how to rescind. They do need to have the statement that they have the right to rescind within X days (depending on state), and the address. Some states require the timeshare company to provide the valid means to send the rescission while others do not. US Mail and US mail with delivery receipt (certified/registered) are always accepted. Other means like in person delivery, fedex, fax, etc may be acceptable but if it isn't specifically stated in the contract you would want to double check with the state law where you purchased to double check if acceptable.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you. Thank you.
To track how much TS owners saved, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They really don't have to have instructions on how to rescind. They do need to have the statement that they have the right to rescind within X days (depending on state), and the address. Some states require the timeshare company to provide the valid means to send the rescission while others do not. US Mail and US mail with delivery receipt (certified/registered) are always accepted. Other means like in person delivery, fedex, fax, etc may be acceptable but if it isn't specifically stated in the contract you would want to double check with the state law where you purchased to double check if acceptable.
You are right. I’m a Ny-barred Attorney.

I LOVE Wyndham and its resorts. I am annoyed at how Wyndham treats me particularly as a resale buyer.

However, under NY law and its lax rescission notification laws, Wyndham is barely compliant with the law.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You are right. I’m a Ny-barred Attorney.

I LOVE Wyndham and its resorts. I am annoyed at how Wyndham treats me particularly as a resale buyer.

However, under NY law and its lax rescission notification laws, Wyndham is barely compliant with the law.

So, bottom line you are saying is that they are complying with the law, right? Any desires for changes in the behavior of Wyndham in NY should be addressed to the NY legislature or appropriate regulatory body?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, bottom line you are saying is that they are complying with the law, right? Any desires for changes in the behavior of Wyndham in NY should be addressed to the NY legislature or appropriate regulatory body?
Most likely. Judges in NY, a very corporate and business friendly state, have ruled in favor of Wyndham in such cases. In contrast, in CA, a very consumer-friendly, requires very detailed, specific, and extensive rescission instructions.

Last edited: