• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hawaii Trusted Testing Partners

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina Beach Club
Villas at Pu’ali, Lihue, HI

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I note that they have more trusted testing partners for Japan than the US. The US is geographically much larger and obviously needs more than the 17 they have designated.

They actually have much fewer for Japan as most are an individual medical center whereas the US trusted partners include chains where there are thousands of locations each for chains such as CVS and Walgreens.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They actually have much fewer for Japan as most are an individual medical center whereas the US trusted partners include chains where there are thousands of locations each for chains such as CVS and Walgreens.
One thing to keep in mind is that it is not *all* CVS or Walgreens locations. For example I wanted to use Quest and the closest location was about 100 miles away even though that is the lab that I use for my quarterly blood draws and has multiple locations near my home. The closest Walgreens location was better - about 20 miles away, and the closest CVS was in my neighborhood, about a mile from my house. It's crazy. To see the locations, go on the Hawaii trusted travel partners page https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/ then find the provider that you wish to use, click on that link to see the available locations. I am hoping that there will be more locations added as time goes on, but it was not what I had expected to see.

crf450x

TUG Member
Reaction score
WALGREENS FREE TESTING??? I am looking over the Hawaii Trusted Testing Partners and the only ones that seem feasible for a family with children under 18 seems to be Vault at $150/each test, CVS ($139/each test or Walgreens (free). Quest doesn't perform tests for those under 18 and the other trusted partners are for specific locations not available in the Los Angeles area. The walgreens location seems convenient but curious how their free testing works. They require Insurance info to be entered into their system and I presume they will bill insurance accordingly, but does voluntary travel qualify for insurance reimbursement?

I don't want to risk this for an upcoming trip and if necessary will pay for either the Vault or CVS test. Any tuggers here have experience with the Walgreens free testing and were the results provided within 72 hours?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I clicked through Walgreens it wasn't free so something must have changed. Btw I believe that Vault's process let's you track your test. That alone would be extra nice in my opinion.

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
I tried walgreens but there were no possible appointments to be made. So I ordered the Vault test. it should be shipping today. I have to take the test Saturday am and ship it out Saturday to get the results (hopefully) in time for my Tuesday morning flight. filling out all of the requested info was very time consuming. worth it, but some less computer literate people may have issues with it. I am hoping to follow the test through the tracking and see how it works.. wish me luck! I will update as the test transits if anybody is interested.

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is critical that you follow the directions on the site regarding the trusted partners. We arrived Maui a few days ago. At the table where we show our paperwork, the couple next to us were showing their paperwork, copies, id's, etc. The lady behind the table said, "You can either choose to fly home or quarantine for 14 days." The couple felt they followed all the rules but they didn't use a "trusted partner." A few tables down a family was aguing their case. The process if clear, follow it. I think the other couple used a test provided by the airline. Unfortunately it was not on the Hawaii list.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
A friend of mine landed in Oahu yesterday but her test results weren't yet ready/posted. So, Hawaii made her go in quarantine. I'm wondering if she ends up getting the test results, say, tomorrow, if she would be allowed to get out of quarantine and stay. Otherwise she flies home on Tuesday. There were officials saying that even if she gets the results and they are negative for Covid that she has to leave. But she is also hearing other and contrary information.

She mentioned that a few others on her plane who had used CVS and Walgreens were similarly forced to quarantine, presumably because their test results didn't arrive on time. Yikes !

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine landed in Oahu yesterday but her test results weren't yet ready/posted. So, Hawaii made her go in quarantine. I'm wondering if she ends up getting the test results, say, tomorrow, if she would be allowed to get out of quarantine and stay. Otherwise she flies home on Tuesday. There were officials saying that even if she gets the results and they are negative for Covid that she has to leave. But she is also hearing other and contrary information.

She mentioned that a few others on her plane who had used CVS and Walgreens were similarly forced to quarantine, presumably because their test results didn't arrive on time. Yikes !
I thought that you were to be in quarantine until you received your results, if they were pending? But I believe that her status has to be manually updated, and that's the rub. There's a few TripAdvisor threads about testing issues on the Hawaii forums.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per the State of Hawaii website, she has to quarantine until she gets her results. If the test is negative, she will need to upload it to her Safe Travels account and once it’s been validated then she can leave quarantine. She can check out the information at this link. How long is she here for?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

UPDATE - Looks like @JanT and I were typing at the same time so I've deleted my response!

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the feedback. I've forwarded the info to her. I'm hoping that she can salvage her vacation.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: I learned that my friend did NOT use a Trusted Partner testing firm but used a free test from our local government. I don't think that she is allowed to leave the hotel to get a test on Oahu. I think that the Vault test could be an option, but the delivery of the kit and its return could eat up precious island time. I wonder if there are any trusted partners who would come to the hotel?

I had previously sent her the Hawaii website info and mentioned the need to use the Trusted Partners. But apparently overlooked that important detail. Such a shame.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently in Oahu. If I can help in any way, let me know. I can take the Valut kit and drop it at UPS if need be. I have a rental car during my stay so no issue.

I know this is a bad time for her and I cannot imagine myself locked in a room like this.

Just an FYI. My wife used Vault and it is the best service with tracking every step. It is $150.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: I learned that my friend did NOT use a Trusted Partner testing firm but used a free test from our local government. I don't think that she is allowed to leave the hotel to get a test on Oahu. I think that the Vault test could be an option, but the delivery of the kit and its return could eat up precious island time. I wonder if there are any trusted partners who would come to the hotel?

I had previously sent her the Hawaii website info and mentioned the need to use the Trusted Partners. But apparently overlooked that important detail. Such a shame.
I hate to say it but I think that she's out of luck. They (Hawaii) are sticklers on this. If they are letting her go without quarantining for 14 days that's probably the best outcome, sad as it is.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently in Oahu. If I can help in any way, let me know. I can take the Valut kit and drop it at UPS if need be.

I know this is a bad time for her and I cannot imagine myself locked in a room like this.
What an awesome offer.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am currently in Oahu. If I can help in any way, let me know. I can take the Valut kit and drop it at UPS if need be. I have a rental car during my stay so no issue.

Just an FYI. My wife used Vault and it is the best service with tracking every step. It is $150.
@samara64 thank you for the very kind offer. I think that the transit time of receiving the Vault test and getting it sent back and tested is going to eat up my friend's one-week vacation. I looked on-line looking for an Oahu lab that would send a medical person to do a test at the hotel, but I came up empty-handed.

So I think that my friend is going to be returning home on Tuesday. Such a shame. Such an avoidable situation.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
If she orders it by Monday 12PM EST (or now), she will have it on Tuesday before 12PM. She can do the zoom visit by 1PM. Send it back by Tuesday, results are in on Wednesday by 5PM EST.

That how it went with my wife.

I would myself try this rather than go home after 2 days. I would at least let her know the option.

Also on Wednesday, Jan will be doing her cake and she maybe able to join. I think, after the first bite. this could change her prospective on Hawaii all together. LOL.

Last edited:

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If she orders it by Monday 12PM EST (or now), she will have it on Tuesday before 12PM. She can do the zoom visit by 1PM. Send it back by Tuesday, results are in on Wednesday by 5PM EST.

That how it went with my wife.

I would myself try this rather than go home after 2 days. I would at least let her know the option.

Also on Wednesday, Jan will be doing her cake and she maybe able to join. I think, after the first bite. this could change her prospective on Hawaii all together. LOL.
Thanks again for your feedback and support. I'll pass this along...

echino

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Will they release from quarantine if the test is done after arriving Hawaii? It looks like the rules say NO, even if it's a "trusted partners" test. The way I read the rules, testing must be done within 72 before departure. Not earlier, not later.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the rules state that someone has to have the test done 72 hrs before their flight. They can’t have a test done after they get here.

I feel so badly for your friend. People must pay close attention to and follow the rules stated on the website. This is such a shame.

What a sweet offer by @samara64 to try to help. TUGGERS are simply the best. ❤️

cowboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it 72 hours before the flight or within 72 hours before departure?

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is within 72 hours of departure local time of the flight landing in Hawaii.