• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have I been duped by Universal Marketing Solutions?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Paying Big Bux For Nothing.

Agreed - the PCC may mislead people about their business model but they do remove (sometimes with hounding) the deed out of your name.
Except when they don't.

Right here on TUG-BBS we've read accounts of PCCs that accepted money to perform timeshare relief, but didn't actually get the unwanted timeshare deeded to a new owner.

Sure enough, when fee payment time came round again, the bill went to the very people who had paid big bux thinking that would buy actual timeshare relief -- except that it didn't.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

WeTireN10

Reaction score
Universal Marketing Solutions - duped me

I admit that I was duped by the smooth sales person last July with promises of a full 100% refund if the unit did not sell within 120 days. He even encouraged me to make changes to the contract before signing and sending back to them. I made the changes and have been told by the VP that I did not have the authority to change a contract. Well, I did and initialed the changes.

Here is the best part. I signed the contract (with changes), mailed it in and Universal Marketing Solutions says that they did not agree to the changes. I then claimed that there was no contract then.

Unfortunately, they are holding the money (60 days after the end of the 120) and saying that the struck through my changes. Surprisingly, they signed their copy 6 days before I signed mine and mine does not have their signature anywhere, just the changes.

I contacted my CC company's Investigating Solutions division for review.

Next step is Small Claims Court with charges of possible Fraud.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Their excuse for not doing it that way is that they are not real estate brokers, so they are not allowed to charge sales commissions & thus can only operate on the basis of fees in advance.

And that is probably accurate.

Another good response is to ask if they would like to double or triple their commission? When they say yes tell them you will drop your asking price by that amount. They can then buy the unit from you at the reduced price, then turn around and sell it to the buyer they have told you they have lined up. With the reduction in your selling price they will make three times as much money. And since they already have the seller lined up there's no risk for them - it's free money for them.

If they have a buyer lined there's no reason why they shouldn't take you up on that offer. They make more money and since they are taking title they aren't brokering.

If that offer suddenly is no longer attractive to them, that's a dead giveaway that they really don't have that buyer lined up.

B

bocabill

Universal Marketing Solutions Timeshare Re-sales Scam

I used to work for Universal Marketing Solutions in Delray Beach, FL. I worked there for about one month, and then came to find out from the numerous complaints I was receiving and hearing about, plus from listening to the false promises of the other employees, that this is a TOTAL SCAM OPERATION. If you paid them any money up front via credit card, you will NOT get a refund unless you fight for it. Immediately contact your CC bank and dispute the charge. Also, you should contact the Delray Beach P.D., State of Florida Attorney General's Office, and the Florida Department. of Consumer Services. Beware of ANYONE calling from Universal Marketing Solutions. Their main players are Brian Morris, General Manager, Cloyd Holmes and Steve Folan, night-shift managers, Nikki Vecchio, Justice or "Jay" Bernard, Andrew Foreman, Daniel Ferrara, Gina Marie, Desiree, and a host of other scammers there. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER pay ANY company an upfront fee to sell your timeshare. Hope that this helps.

Bill, ex-employee of this rat's nest.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill, are you sure you don't want to tell us what you really feel?

I edited to remove the quote - time for bocabill to find his happy place.

Last edited:
B

bocabill

Universal Marketing Solutions Timeshare Re-sales Scam

Bill, are you sure you don't want to tell us what you really feel?

Gary,

** parts of this post removed as it violates TUG's be courteous rule **

Beware of their other names...they will also call you under Creative Home Mortgage Solutions and Fidelity First Title and Escrow.

I've already reported them to the State of Florida Attorney General's Office and the Delray Beach Police Department.

They are being investigated as I write this, but unfortunately, they cannot be shut down just like that.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well now, this individual turned out to be a real peach.

I wont repeat or post his emails to our admin staff here, but needless to say every other word is an insult, curse word, or just plain insane babble.

The individual has vowed to bring TUG down by plastering the "truth" about us all over the internet on consumer complaint sites etc etc. Claiming we are actually worse than the company listed in this thread.

All this over the fact that he posted the same reply about 8 different times in different threads, and all were removed but this one as duplicate posts are a violation of TUG posting guidelines.

He has also vowed to register here under alternate names just to "mess with us".

Some people have quite the imagination and free time I suppose.

That said, I would take anything he has mentioned to this point with a grain of salt.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
He's not related to bocabum is he?:confused:

A PURE AND UTTER JOKE, just trying to add some levity. Remember, you can't have a rational argument with insanity unless you are irrational.

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
That guy sounds like a real piece of work. To read his post on complaints board you would think he was some kind of superhero come to save the world from timeshare scammers and now he has been so hard done by because the train carrying his ego trip got derailed here on TUG. I doubt he will stick around long if everyone here ignores his ridiculous ramblings.

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does his "elevator" go to the top??? From the "rantings", I seriously doubt that it can get off of the ground floor !!!

Tony

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
He was banned after his first set of abusive emails to DaveM

His emails spiraled out of control, it really was quite sad. Even got to the point last night where he was daring me to meet him privately (in his home town of course) so he could slap me upside the face and "settle our differences"

He even began calling and leaving bizarre voicemails at 2am. I asked numerous times if he were on medication, as I honesly have no earthly idea how someone can just snap like that after nothing more than his duplicate posts were removed.

That said, his above post does violate the be courteous rule, so im removing that as well.

Nice final email this morning calling me an "expletive" because I wont show up face to face and recieve an "*** beating" from him.

quite the pleasant guy! I note that he mentions in his reply on the site above that hes never threatened anyone, well...just another one of his numerous lies.

Last edited:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
He was banned after his first set of abusive emails to DaveM

His emails spiraled out of control, it really was quite sad. Even got to the point last night where he was daring me to meet him privately (in his home town of course) so he could slap me upside the face and "settle our differences"

He even began calling and leaving bizarre voicemails at 2am. I asked numerous times if he were on medication, as I honesly have no earthly idea how someone can just snap like that after nothing more than his duplicate posts were removed.

That said, his above post does violate the be courteous rule, so im removing that as well.

Nice final email this morning calling me an "expletive" because I wont show up face to face and recieve an "*** beating" from him.

quite the pleasant guy! I note that he mentions in his reply on the site above that hes never threatened anyone, well...just another one of his numerous lies.

Apparently he is, as his most recent post on the complaintsboard advises that he is in a state of Nirvana.

T

TMOwner1000000

It is possible...

....to get a refund from Universal Marketing Solutions. NEVERMIND....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm glad you were able to get a refund, and applaud any efforts that assisted you to do so.

However that doesnt change the fact that mr bill has flat out lied in his posts, lied in his emails, and used language and comments towards admin and volunteer staff that would make a drunken sailor blush. (we wont even get into the emails where he repeately calls us cowardly names because we wont travel down to south florida to "meet up with him in private" so he can sort out the situation with his fists)

That sort of activity is not permitted or welcome here under any circumstances.

I dont however understand your comment about "identify yourself and ill share my info" If you have gotten a refund via a legal method, why would you be afraid to share that info here?

Last edited:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I may be opening a can of worms here but I do wonder why bocabill is in the state of Nirvana and our recent poster that had bocabill's assistance is located "on the bright side of earth"?

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I may be opening a can of worms here but I do wonder why bocabill is in the state of Nirvana and our recent poster that had bocabill's assistance is located "on the bright side of earth"?

Smells a little funny to me too...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The information he wants people to look at on Yedda includes multiple angry posts by BocaBill, including a long-winded diatribe against TUG... :rolleyes:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Surely You're Not Suggesting A Possibility . . .

The information he wants people to look at on Yedda includes multiple angry posts by BocaBill, including a long-winded diatribe against TUG...
. . . that TMOwner1000000 is somehow in cahoots with bocabill.

That's the most unheard of thing I've ever heard of.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

T

TMOwner1000000

The main reason...

(delete this post)

T

TMOwner1000000

Are any of you...

.. that responded so quickly and skeptically, looking for a refund from UMS? I didn't think so.

T

TMOwner1000000

...... delete this one - please

T

TMOwner1000000

and I am...

...wanting this one deleted too

Rmelnyk

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine(just told him to join tug) had this problem with Universal, got a refund ($900.) from Capitol one.
Now another company, wouldn't tell him where they got his #, states that they have a buyer for his Hawaii t/s in England for his asking price ($18,000.) They want him to send $1300. (credit card #) to complete the transaction, also said the other end had put up $3000. upfront.
I'll try and find out the companies name and pass it on.

R