• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone used the Grandview rental program?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summer Bay,Grandview,Tahitian Village,Royal Holiday Club,Ocean Reef Yacht Club
i purchased the Grandview in Las Vegas. Basically for free with free use. It hasn’t closed yet and I am doing some research.
I saw that the resort has an option to rent units for owners at a 30 percent commission.
Then looking up my week I see they want $1200 for a 1 bedroom.
I know it can be rented less for far less, but if that is what the resort is collecting 70 percent is a great deal.
So has anyone actually used this service and how much did they actually get?
If I got $500 I would be willing to buy more units.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I have seen the same types of option for rental with other VV properties. It is first come first serve on the list to rent out. I am not sure if you have to pre pay MF before adding it to the list. I am not sure they tell you where you are on the list. I am not sure that they only accept full week rentals. If not then they may rent out a night or two or two separate one nighters in which case they take out extra for the housekeeping between stays and then whatever is left is split 70/30 and at the big resorts unless you know they sell out you might not get any nights rented out. I think you can check at something like 14 nights out to see if any thing has rented but if even one night is you can't take the full week back and it would be a little late to do anything with it at that point.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Through RCI, I got my coworker an Extra Vacation for a week in a 1 bedroom at Grandview for $420 plus tax. I think $1200 might be a bit ambitious.

Dave

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
There's a group on Facebook for Grandview. I suggest you join it and review some recent posts. That topic was recently discussed.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Reservations are really easy to get at Grandview even in the sale weeks. If you take a look on eBay you will see that there are a great number of timeshare rentals in Vegas so no one is likely to pay anywhere near that much.

We own there and a few months ago stayed there for the first time. We liked our unit and went over to Southpoint a couple of times to eat. But.... and this is a big but for a lot of people who go to Vegas, it isn't where the action is on the Strip.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know all the cheap ways to get the rental at the Grandview.
My question is directly related to them renting it out.
If you go to Trivago and put in Grandview the lowest price is typically around $165 a night.
This is what they are getting and on top of that it usually only shows they have a few units left.
I know if rented it out myself, then I am competing with other owners in the bargain basement deals around $400-$500 a week.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I know all the cheap ways to get the rental at the Grandview.
My question is directly related to them renting it out.
If you go to Trivago and put in Grandview the lowest price is typically around $165 a night.
This is what they are getting and on top of that it usually only shows they have a few units left.
I know if rented it out myself, then I am competing with other owners in the bargain basement deals around $400-$500 a week.

Consider, also, the strategy of a rental site saying they only have a few units left - it is incentive to get someone to commit to renting the unit, fearing they may all be gone soon. So it may not be as dire as they make it sound. Try this: Mark a time when they say that, then come back the next day - do they still have just a few units left? And a few days after that? My guess is it all may not be what it appears to be. Marketing is marketing. :)

Also, I'd be interested in comparing how many units they actually rent out at those rates. As you say, just as you know you'd be competing with the sale sites, so are they. Asking $1200 for a week is fine, but how many times are they actually getting that rate? How many units at that price go unrented?

Dave

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
When you see those units for rent on the travel sites are they owners weeks or bulk deposits of unsold inventory being held by the resorts or a combination of both? Wyndham has their own inhouse rental program called Extra Holidays. Owners can make reservations and rent them out via EH but Wyndham also takes certain percentages of the available inventory with the unsold points they hold which is also rented out through Extra Holidays. Wyndham also uses the different travel sites too for the inventory they take.

Now say Grandview has 10 units for the same dates that they are renting through those travel sites or direct reservations through the resort. Say 6 of them are units in unsold inventory and the other 4 are various owner weeks. Which units get rented first? I would be willing to bet the answer is the Grandview held units followed by the owner units in the order by date they were turned over for rental. Are you even sure these travel websites will accept rentals from individual owners when they probably get all they need from the resort? And if your week is sold through a travel site and the resort, the travel site cut is that much less you will be getting. At this point you could be getting less than the maintenance fees for the week.

If you trying to rent on your own at those prices you are basically looking for someone who is too dumb to know there is no way they should ever pay that much.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, I know it has been awhile.
But, I did some research and found actual payments to owners.
The Grandview is getting that $1100 to $1300 to rent out the condo.
So getting that amount is possible.
Owners are getting a $100 to $300 on top of their maintenance fees. After the Grandview takes their percentage and then charges for advertising on top of that.
So, in theory if a person could do their own posting on hotels.com,Travelocity, etc.. they could make out very well.

Reenaparmar

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
Hi, just wondering did you manage to rent out your timeshare via the grandview rental scheme? Did you end up renting for $1200. I’m interested to know as I’d l like to rent mine out. Thanks

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I think they legitimately get that high price per night - the problem with the plan is that they might only be able to rent out one or two nights. We withdrew from the rental pool this year for our NYE week - decided we'd rather take the points than the risk.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Revisiting this one. Has anyone successfully used this program and if so for which week and what was your return?