• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guess where Western States

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
easy, I think..

1600924222635.png

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A mysterious place.

1601091399725.png

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
looks like Crater Lake.

IIRC - ash from the eruption of Mt. Mazama that created Crater Lake has been found as far east as Kansas.

Yup !!!

Crater Lake has a odd vibe, imo.

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope. Additional hint: it's not in California, and it's a pretty obscure location, not a famous tourist attractor.
Ok, I don't think this or my other one will be guessed, so I'll identify them. I posted some lesser known areas, to try to give some ideas on interesting places that aren't part of the main attractions that people usually know about.

The stone formations are from a hiking trail in Cochise Stronghold in the Dragoon mountains between Tucson AZ and the Chiricahua National Monument in SE Arizona, whose rock formations they resemble somewhat. This is where Cochise and part of his tribe of Apaches hid out successfully, evading the US troops that were trying to apprehend him. They knew their way in and out of these mountains to avoid capture for a long time.

Both are remote but very interesting places. Chiricahua is up there with Bryce Canyon in terms of fascinating rock formations, and Cochise Stronghold/Dragoon is smaller and less spectacular, but a nice side trip nonetheless.

The other one I posted with the desert scene and palms is the Whitewater Preserve between Palm Springs and Banning CA, just beyond the turnoff for Highway 62 that goes north towards Joshua Tree. It is a great little oasis with a pond, visitor center, and lots of vegetation in the midst of the desert mountains. Part of the Pacific Crest Trail passes through it right nearby for some good day hiking. Unfortunately, I just read that a fire in August hit the area, and it is working on recovery from that, so is only partially open currently.

Whitewater is part of the Wildlands Conservancy, which has acquired and preserved several unique and interesting nature preserves in California - mostly southern but some in northern California too. Here's a link to more info for anyone interested in exploring them:

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Looks like Rocky Monster from Galaxy Quest, lol.

Bill
Yep - that's Grignak.

BTW - many people (myself included) include Galaxy Quest as a Star Trek film, since it is so completely linked to Star Trek. Which I think easily places within the top five Star Trek. The script is taut and well-written, with everything fitting together. Reading backstory, it impressed Alan Rickman and Sigourney Weaver immediately. It's pretty funny, and is direct on in its targets of the show, the actors, the fandom.

But unlike many other movies of that type, it remains human. Through the humor, there is clear affection. And it's all builds around a premise of people becoming friends and becoming better people as they are forced to actually becoming the characters they had only pretended to be.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wish I could fish this canyon which is consider a really long water fall going by its name. I can fish below and above it. Some people are allowed to fish in it.

1605721756116.png

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
1607142080886.png
Todays picture.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Heart shadow on the red rocks at sun set Sedona.

1607217269061.png

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Does anyone recognize this location inside a National Park?

1618639192688.png

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is a friends picture from her back deck from last night.

1624585027153.png

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
My Adams Washington?