• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Guess where Hawaii Pictures

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
This one is easy if you can read the street sign, but I had to include it, because I love the bumper sticker. We were in a convertible, so I just held the camera above the windshield.

1590657097031.png

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That's quite a fish! The tail and long front end suggest a marlin.

Dave

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Looks very similar to this picture, but with slightly different weather. Both were taken before the Great Wall of Poipu was constructed.
View attachment 21407
Yep - Point at Poipu. Looks as if you took your shot from the pathway. I was in one of the units on your immediate left 2nd floor (same elevation as where you were standing. IIRC - we had the middle unit.

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
My last one was relatively easy. This one is harder...unless you're a surfer.
f0feb1102b457fbabb2d22dd23adc21e.jpg

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Moloa'a Beach?
Moloa'a it is!!

Moloa'a has become one of our favorite Kaua'i beaches. Beautiful setting. Never crowded (probably because of limited parking). A reef that provides calm water for swimming and a protected area for snorkeling. Trees for shade.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Should be easy ...

1590876566908.png

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Anyone know this locale? Double props if you not only recognize the area, but can tell the location where the picture was taken.

View attachment 20519
Hawaiian Airlines just posted an aerial view that includes this location and puts it in perspective.

1592342356792.png

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This one seems to have been buried, but it should be easy.
Haleakala? Sliding Sands? I haven't seen that from that perspective if that's where it was taken. If not then I am curious where it is.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Haleakala? Sliding Sands? I haven't seen that from that perspective if that's where it was taken. If not then I am curious where it is.
Good guess, but not Haleakala.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is it Marriott's Ko'Olina on Oahu? CJ
Yes it is, but we were referring to the power plant further up the road on the left were a previous "guess" picture was taken.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Is it Marriott's Ko'Olina on Oahu? CJ
Yes it is, but we were referring to the power plant further up the road on the left were a previous "guess" picture was taken.
Anyone know this locale? Double props if you not only recognize the area, but can tell the location where the picture was taken.
This is the prior "guess" picture.

1592371142149.png

I have had two work projects on O'ahu, and both were wonderful experiences - without even considering that it was Hawaii.

The stellar experience was the first project in June 2002, when I did a one-week training program to orient wastewater treatment plant operators on procedures to audit wastewater treatment plant compliance with environmental requirements. The objectives were to create a team of internal auditors inside the wastewater treatment plant division, to 1) reduce the amount of money they were spending on outside audit teams, and 2) foster and facilitate internal information exchange, so that successful programs at one plant could more readily shared with other plants who might be having similar issues. But what I most remember about that training program was the non-haole employees who made a point of talking to me and talking share life during breaks and lunches. I was incredibly flattered and humbled.

This photo happens to be from the second project, where I was directing a team that was reviewing electric power generation facilities on most of the Islands. I decided to handle O'ahu myself, and this pic was taken from the upper level at one of the primary generating stations on O'ahu.

Going down a bunny trail - don't hesitate to skip if you lose interest.

In a subsequent performance review on the 2002 project, I ended up getting dinged because of the project. Not for the project per se, but collaterally. This project had been rescheduled twice. And after we were finally able to get it scheduled, my company subsequently scheduled a two-day marketing planning meeting I was supposed to be part of. But Honolulu insisted that the training needed to happen at that time, and that my participation in the program was essential. If I wasn't there for this reschedule, they would likely kill the project, and the firm in Hawai't that we were coordinating with on the project as well as my firm would probably get a big black eye. And we had identified Honolulu County as a target client.

I had been doing this business that point for over 20 years at that point and had been in a position where I was generating a minimum of $1 million per year in sales, conducting both marketing and sales programs (and keenly aware of the differences between those two), as well as being tasked with starting turnarounds for failing offices pending hiring of new office managers.

In my mind this was pretty straight-forward. Target client. High visibility project, with the client insisting on my participation, indicating establishment of a solid client relationship. If I request yet another project deferral, that project is likely killed, with considerable collateral damage to both my firm and our Hawai'i based partner, as well as my personal professional reputation. So I thought it was a pretty easy call. Beg off on the marketing session and be sure that we take care of the client - because, after all, don't our corporate values stress that there is nothing more important than client service?

So when I got dinged for not rescheduling the project so I could make the marketing session, I knew that my time with that company was winding down. My reviewer seemed fixated on how I missed the marketing session, and had little interest in how that would have screwed up relationships with a target client the firm had been courting for over five years. A few days later it dawned on me. He ran a significant line of business himself. He was not unaware of these issues and the implications. But he wanted me gone, and he was just creating documentation for an out-placement.

Five months later I was gone. I decided to go into business by myself, as a self-employed consultant, and it has been the most satisfying and enjoyable 18-years (and still counting) of my career.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is the Kilauea Lava shelf on the south shore of the Big Island, between the Puna coast and Volcanoes National Park. Everything that you see in this photo is less than 40 years old.

Also note the fault line running though the flow on the left side of the picture. It's likely that at some point, the land on the right side of that fault is going to slide away into the ocean. Slides such as that are pretty common as the islands grow due to lava flows. Some slides are big enough to create tsunamis.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Moloa'a Beach?

Moloa'a it is!!

Moloa'a has become one of our favorite Kaua'i beaches. Beautiful setting. Never crowded (probably because of limited parking). A reef that provides calm water for swimming and a protected area for snorkeling. Trees for shade.

It just took me awhile to find it. It was a good challange!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It just took me awhile to find it. It was a good challange!
Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to see if I can find another one for people to guess at.

I don't think I've done this beach before. Both pics below are the same beach, looking in opposite directions from nearly the same spot.

1598331404333.png

1598331492234.png