• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Ocean Dolphin Pool construction [Oct '21 Start Delayed] [MERGED]

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is a photo of the Dolphin Pool construction from above. I don't have any from the ground yet (it is pretty closed off), but right now it looks like it has been filled with sand and perhaps they will be starting from scratch?
DJI_0080.jpg

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
either you have a 10th floor secret Marty villa or this is a drone shot ;)

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Looks like a good place for a pool and the worlds smallest lazy river.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
More like a lazy creek

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
More like a lazy creek

yep! kinda like the pool sprung a leak so the guest smiled, donned his inner tube, and jumped into the leak.
hopefully it'll be better than that........

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pictures.
From the Grill Area behind the splash pad and from right outside the fence

Attachments

• IMG_0920 (1).jpg
    IMG_0920 (1).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: jme

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here are some more pictures.
From the Grill Area behind the splash pad and from right outside the fence
I haven't seen them doing any work on it since we checked in on Sunday.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like they got to a point where the next part of the project starts. I was a little surprised that they tore out the entire footprint, but then I started thinking that they probably have a lot of plumbing/wiring to do in support of the new lazy river. They are shooting for May of 23.

aklausing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MCP, MGO, Destination Points
We are checking in to Grande Ocean in about two weeks. I know the dolphin pool won't be finished, but is anyone there now or recently that can provide a status? Pool decks poured? Fencing still preventing direct access from Sand Dollar and Kingfisher to the beach without going around multiple buildings?

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Pics taken Feb 8 of Grande Ocean's Dolphin Pool, currently under renovation to add a Lazy River
and to make necessary repairs/upgrades to the original pool constructed about 1999. Completion date is still late May, from what I've heard.
Fencing still prevents access through the pool area to the beach for some buildings, but it's not such a big deal.
From Sand Dollar & Kingfisher, you must walk through your garage and head towards the lobby, and finally up through Sand Castle garage
and you'll come out beyond the Dolphin Grill, steps away from where the south boardwalk begins.
Harder for Starfish & Laughing Gull Buildings, but you must walk around the SOUTH SIDE of the buildings (heading toward the back side of Loggerhead Landing bar/grill),
and then go to the south boardwalk area, or exit the gate at the fire pits.

(Further questions, call the front desk....(843) 686-7343)

1676982158131.png

1676982177027.png

1676982194660.png

1676982216386.png

Last edited:

aklausing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pics taken Feb 8 of Grande Ocean's Dolphin Pool, currently under renovation to add a Lazy River
and to make necessary repairs/upgrades to the original pool constructed about 1999. Completion date is still late May, from what I've heard.
Fencing still prevents access through the pool area to the beach for some buildings, but it's not such a big deal.
From Sand Dollar & Kingfisher, you must walk through your garage and head towards the lobby, and finally up through Sand Castle garage
and you'll come out beyond the Dolphin Grill, steps away from where the south boardwalk begins.
Harder for Starfish & Laughing Gull Buildings, but you must walk around the SOUTH SIDE of the buildings (heading toward the back side of Loggerhead Landing bar/grill),
and then go to the south boardwalk area, or exit the gate at the fire pits.

(Further questions, call the front desk....(843) 686-7343)

View attachment 73379

View attachment 73380

View attachment 73381

View attachment 73382
We last were at Grande Ocean on 1/12/23 and it doesn't look there was much progress between then and your pictures on Feb 8. Someone posted a video from Feb 20 on the Grande Ocean Facebook page and it looks like the pool decks are poured and the sidewalks are formed up ready to be poured. Yes, I plan to call the resort next week, but thought I'd check in to see if anyone was there now as the front desk hasn't been too forthcoming when I've called for status previously.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We last were at Grande Ocean on 1/12/23 and it doesn't look there was much progress between then and your pictures on Feb 8. Someone posted a video from Feb 20 on the Grande Ocean Facebook page and it looks like the pool decks are poured and the sidewalks are formed up ready to be poured. Yes, I plan to call the resort next week, but thought I'd check in to see if anyone was there now as the front desk hasn't been too forthcoming when I've called for status previously.

To be fair, the front desk people seldom go near the pool, so they really don't know unless they've been briefed, and that probably isn't happening.
A week by week update isn't in the plans. The weather also plays a part, and it's been different almost every day, so the construction workers do what they can.
AND, the front desk has a couple of new employees, and at times they are short-staffed.

aklausing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To be fair, the front desk people seldom go near the pool, so they really don't know unless they've been briefed, and that probably isn't happening.
A week by week update isn't in the plans. The weather also plays a part, and it's been different almost every day, so the construction workers do what they can.
AND, the front desk has a couple of new employees, and at times they are short-staffed.
Fully agree, and I apologize if it sounded like I was criticizing the front desk staff. That was not my intent. In addition to your comments why the front desk staff may not have answers, there have been issues with inspections, supplies, etc that have impacted expected plans. The front desk doesn't like to say what is expected because of these issues, which is quite understandable.

Reactions: jme

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone know if the Dolphin Pool will be heated when renovations are complete? I don't beleive it was heated before.

aklausing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know if the Dolphin Pool will be heated when renovations are complete? I don't beleive it was heated before.
I asked Massimo that question during the owners meeting last week. He said the heater/chiller has been plumbed in, but he has not received final approval from the board yet. It depends on the final cost of the pool renovation. He sounded hopeful that it would happen since the pool is currently running under budget. You are correct, it was not heated before. I think it would be great if it could be heated because in the winter months there is much less wind in that area than there is at the South pool, which is heated.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I asked Massimo that question during the owners meeting last week. He said the heater/chiller has been plumbed in, but he has not received final approval from the board yet. It depends on the final cost of the pool renovation. He sounded hopeful that it would happen since the pool is currently running under budget. You are correct, it was not heated before. I think it would be great if it could be heated because in the winter months there is much less wind in that area than there is at the South pool, which is heated.
A heated lazy river would be awesome !!! Lakeshore is heated and that’s Florida so this should be heated IMO.

billhall

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the construction? Does the May completion still look good? We have a stay planned for early June (so hoping it's done). Any recent pictures?

Thanks! Bill

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)
Any updates on the construction? Does the May completion still look good? We have a stay planned for early June (so hoping it's done). Any recent pictures?

Thanks! Bill
Construction is complete! We are at Grande Ocean now April 18, 2023. However the lazy River pool is not open for guests because the county has not done final inspections. Pool is full and water is flowing. Chairs are out and in position. Looks really nice. Lazy River section is relatively narrow but a definite improvement over the previous pool. I was not an original fan of the pool renovation, but I really like it now. We are staying in the north buildings because we prefer the quiet environment and landscape on the north side. Easy enough to walk over to the lazy river when we want to. Grande Ocean has been elevated with the pool renovation.

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Construction is complete! We are at Grande Ocean now April 18, 2023. However the lazy River pool is not open for guests because the county has not done final inspections. Pool is full and water is flowing. Chairs are out and in position. Looks really nice. Lazy River section is relatively narrow but a definite improvement over the previous pool. I was not an original fan of the pool renovation, but I really like it now. We are staying in the north buildings because we quiet environment and landscape on the north side. Easy enough to walk over to the lazy river when we want to. Grande Ocean has been elevated with the pool renovation.
Post some picks if you can.

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)

Attachments

• BCAE81AB-F045-4C3D-A7C5-AD4BB441ACF5.jpeg
    BCAE81AB-F045-4C3D-A7C5-AD4BB441ACF5.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get a message that says photo is too large for server.

If you took it with your iPhone the file is likely too big. If you email it to yourself it will give you the option to se3lect the size- pick small or medium and then save the file from your email back to your phone and it will be much smaller and the site will let you upload it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here are some more;
Image[1].jpeg
Image[2].jpeg

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
Looks nice. Bigger lazy river than I had envisioned actually.

Last edited: