• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Access merging with Holiday Inn?

JoanE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
orange lake, pahio bali hai
I received this email this morning. "We have some exciting news! The Family of Orange Lake Resorts is proud to announce that we have formed a unique strategic alliance with a brand that you know and trust, Holiday Inn. This alliance between The Family of Orange Lake Resorts and the Holiday Inn brand, owned by a company in the Intercontinental Hotels Group, creates a new timeshare brand, Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Effective December, 2008, the name for the GlobalAccess club will become Holiday Inn Club. New benefits will be created for you, our member, while keeping your existing purchase and membership benefits fully intact."

Anyone else get this email? Have any thoughts about this?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Holiday Inn to enter timeshare business

Holiday Inn struck a deal with the four Orange Lake Resorts to rebrand them into Holdiay Inn Club Vacations. Orange Lake will join Holiday Inn's reservation system, and Orange Lake owners can join the Holiday Inn rewards points network.

Interesting tidbit of information, Kemmons Wilson, is the founder of both Holiday Inn and Orange Lake Resorts

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080924/intercontinental_hotels_holiday_inn_timeshares.html?.v=1

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2008_3rd/Sept08_HIClub.html

Terry

Last edited:

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
This is exciting news. I am a member of Priority Club, SPG, HHonors, and Marriott Rewards. I have always had a pleasant stay and Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and Intercontinental Hotels. This can only benefit those who own TS via GlobalAccess Club. HGVC started out when Hilton became involved with a group of TSs in Florida. As a member of HGVC since 2001, I can assure you that the HHonors benefits are outstanding. Holiday Inn is a fine company and I am certain that Priority Club benefits will be extended to all members of GlobalAccess Club.

We recently had the pleasure of staying in Whistler, British Columbia. There is a beautiful Holiday Inn Sunspree resort very close to the ski lifts in Whistler Village. You might consider staying there for a vacation. There is also a beautiful Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort in Aurba. You might want to stay there as well.

JoanE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
orange lake, pahio bali hai
thanks so much for your response, I will check out Whistler and Aruba- have been considering both areas for future trips
joane