• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flamingo Owners - How are you voting on the Linq project

Maverick1963

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
I got the answer.

I sent an email to the contact included in the ballot paper.
Following was the answer:

"The two items below were part of the contractual terms agreed upon by
Caesars Entertainment and your HOA board. If the majority of the vote is
approving the amendment then the below items will come into place."

The two items I mentioned in my email are - Free access to the Flamingo
Las Vegas pool and Reduced music volume.

It is a little late but hope this will be of some help. As a matter of fact,
I had voted Yes early on.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well then, if it ends up being voted down, it's management's own fault. I ended up voting no because those items were not in any legal document that they sent to us members. In fact, I'd still like to see those "contractual terms", if they exist.

-Bob

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Abound Chairman (SMV; SDO; SBP; Lakeside Terrace, Willow Ridge). HGVC, Worldmark. RCI points
I voted no.

I don't see any evidence that the board acted like people who own the property and are being asked to sell something which is quite valuable to the adjoining property owner.

Aquaman55

TUG Member
Reaction score
I learned on the QT the other day that according to the number of ballots cast so far, there is already a majority of owners who have voted in favor.

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was for it-liked the idea of more to do, get bored with the strip :p . Sound a bit odd, but how do I get my freebies from Ceasers palace promised if I replied earl ( I think it was 2 buffets)?

kool_kat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Tuscany and HGVC at Flamingo; DVC at Bay Lake Towers
got my buffet passes today

Hey all,

Just thought you would like to know that I got my free buffet passes in the mail today.

The passes (there are two) read as follows:
Special Buffet Pass for FHRC Suites Owners

Feast at 6 of the finest buffets in LV all day with the Caesars Entertainement Special buffet pass. Good for one free pass at the following participating buffets:
Harrahs' Flavors
Rio's Carnival World
Flamingo's Paradise Garden
Planet Hollywood's Spice Market
Paris' Le Village
IP's Emporer's Buffet

Fine Print:
Voucher must be presented to buffet cashier to receive your all day pass, valid for dining for 24 hours during normal buffet hours, at any of the participating buffets. This voucher is not redeemable for cash. Alcoholic beverages & tip not included. blah, blah, blah (other typical restrictions)

Expiration 1/1/14

So if you voted early, watch the mail!

Last edited:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ours arrived in today's mail as well.

It will be interesting to see if this means 24 hours where you can visit any of the buffets mentioned, like in their Buffet of Buffets (BoB) plan. The way it reads implies 24 hours at any (one) of the buffets listed...meaning once you pick one that's where you go.

We did BoB once before and found that 24 hours is literal. If you start with a late meal (say a late breakfast), you can go back the next day for your last meal so long as you enter within the 24 hour window.

fyi...

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got my passes today. Now need to bis it the Flamingo again and use them. Last time I visited, found many Gropons that we used-got many services 1/2 off that way. Just an FYI for bargain hunters.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at Flamingo now for President's Day weekend. Las Vegas is busy. Here are a couple updates.

The linq project is underway with heavy equipment on the site where the old Summer Bay resort had been. Lots of traffic directed down the alley that is the back of IP and HGVC flamingo heading to Audry and Flamingo Rd.

Winick, which fed to Koval in back is now closed. Audry can feed up to Koval via Albert, but you can only turn right (south) on to Koval from it...no left turn from it to Koval. Thus most traffic is forced out to Flamingo. One of my shortcut escapes north is now no longer available as a result. It should be noted on Google maps, the road which runs from Audry through Flamingo to the strip is shown also as Winick, and that is open.

The FHRC (HGVC Flamingo) reserved parking is in place on the third floor of the older Flamingo parking structure. Fairly easy to access with Reserved signs noting tow away without a permit. Unsure who checks for these as it was mostly parked up this evening. This is directly across from the south tower, whose elevator puts you directly across the street from the entrance to the garage. From the south tower it's pretty convenient.

Everyone here is super friendly. Got a new towel animal upon arrival in our 1 bdrm. Renovations were done a year or so ago and look nice, although the old classic flamingo pink, while gone definitely had more character than the updated rooms. Still cleaner.

Pool is closed and being replastered. Summer Bay across Koval, now Orange Lake is now with a finished entrance and relabeled Holiday Inn Vacation Club, Desert Club Resort.

Hilton's huge sign is still up at the hotel formerly known as Hilton, but the Hilton lettering has been removed. The entry rug outside the east tower door still reads Las Vegas Hilton and the place was humming tonight as well. I'll take a look at O'Shea's and other construction a bit later in the weekend.

Last edited:

Craigvince

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm here too

Maybe we should've put together a TUG gathering this weekend. :)
I haven't received any coupons or vouchers yet, I wish I had before coming, but we're here 3 or 4 times a year, so I'm sure they'll get used. ;)

cobourgladdie

Reaction score
So howcum no Caesars Buffet? We get the second tier - some bribe for a big giveaway

GeorgeJ.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I had only parked once in the O'Sheas parking garage while at HGVC Flamingo. As I recall, most of the parking was marked as Employee Parking...where are the HGVC employees going to park now? I always used the Flamingo parking garage..

I voted NO on the Linq. Did not see any advantages to the owners over what we already had. Caesars offer was pretty light. IMO The BOD sold us out again, just like they did with giving right of way (and part of the property too?) to the Monorail. Summer Bay had made a sweet deal with the Monorail but HGVC didn't ask for ANYTHING even though all of that butt-ugly Monorail equipment completely blocks off the timeshare. The Monorail could have built their Flamingo Monorail station adjacent to the Flamingo parking garage rather than in front of the timeshare...The Flamingo BOD does what's best for HILTON and NOT the timeshare owners.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Monorail could have built their Flamingo Monorail station adjacent to the Flamingo parking garage rather than in front of the timeshare...

Only if they tore down the strip mall that includes Battista's Hole in the Wall. While the liquor store in that mall is convenient for picking up soft drinks and snacks, I could live without it. But tear down Battista's? NEVER!

Besides, the monorail station can only be seen from the hallways, not the timeshare units themselves. I don't see the problem.

The Flamingo BOD does what's best for HILTON and NOT the timeshare owners.

That part is true. Though it's probably no different than any other hotel-affiliated timeshare system.

-Bob

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
That part is true. Though it's probably no different than any other hotel-affiliated timeshare system.

Especially when they get free iPads!